Help SPOILERS I have a question about stash quest - Chapter 14

ChildOfTestla

Gil
I went through the entire story of going after Don Corneo the second time with Leslie Kyle and hot the switch to drain the stash area but continued through the story through the boss. After I left the sewer and later went back looking for the stash and cannot for the life of me find it... I tried the Corneo's trap entrance as well as using the exit to go back down... where is it?! I'm going crazy even tried looking online and I am at a loss. Its just not there. I cant even re-access that part of the sewer.

Last edited:
I went to the stash area before following Leslie to the room where Don Corneo is, because I was afraid I couldn't go back to it later. I don't even know if you can go back or not, so I don't think I can help you with that. :(

But I found a map online showing where the stash is:
final-fantasy-7-corneo-stash-3-map.png

I know it seems like a random piece of map now, but maybe if you go back to the sewers using the entrance/exit near Don Corneo's palace, you can compare it to your ingame map and find it?T3T

I went to the stash area before following Leslie to the room where Don Corneo is, because I was afraid I couldn't go back to it later. I don't even know if you can go back or not, so I don't think I can help you with that. :(

But I found a map online showing where the stash is:
View attachment 9143

I know it seems like a random piece of map now, but maybe if you go back to the sewers using the entrance/exit near Don Corneo's palace, you can compare it to your ingame map and find it?T3T

Yeah this is the same map I keep staring at and I cant find a way to get back to it, like its just not there and what is left is sending me in this same circle of areas, I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. I didn't realize when I opened it I had to go back and let him go ahead then return to where he went.. or I would have.. seems like a flaw for anyone who is just going through unknowingly but wants to complete all the side quests.

I've added a 'Help' tag to aid visibility.
I've also added the chapter number to the thread title so that people know when it is safe for them to click. And I've added spoilers over one part of the first sentence so it doesn't appear on people's previews by mistake.

As far as I am aware you absolutely should be able to return to that part of the sewers. This isn't yet the point of no return so it should be possible to not even begin this sidequest until after you have completed the sewers.
It would be quicker to reach it from the entrance near the 'AVALANCHE' wall. There's a small open gate leading to a ladder down to the part near Abzu's lair.

The Don's stash should appear on the map as shown in Jigo's screenshot.

One possibility is that the room has re-flooded itself after you left the area and you might need to press the switch again. If you backtrack to where you rested up before the fight with Abzu then there should be a few other doors (just simple locked doors) which you can open from your side and it'll make travelling in the sewers easier.

I've added a 'Help' tag to aid visibility.
I've also added the chapter number to the thread title so that people know when it is safe for them to click. And I've added spoilers over one part of the first sentence so it doesn't appear on people's previews by mistake.

As far as I am aware you absolutely should be able to return to that part of the sewers. This isn't yet the point of no return so it should be possible to not even begin this sidequest until after you have completed the sewers.
It would be quicker to reach it from the entrance near the 'AVALANCHE' wall. There's a small open gate leading to a ladder down to the part near Abzu's lair.

The Don's stash should appear on the map as shown in Jigo's screenshot.

One possibility is that the room has re-flooded itself after you left the area and you might need to press the switch again. If you backtrack to where you rested up before the fight with Abzu then there should be a few other doors (just simple locked doors) which you can open from your side and it'll make travelling in the sewers easier.

Im a little confused.. the AVALANCHE wall?

Oh nevermind I see what you mean, and yes I did take that way and the opposite way and none of it is there unless there is some strange walkway I am missing after the 10+ times I have looked and getting tired of those same monsters over and over in a giant circle so to speak.

Yeah, I meant this area:

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20200419181410.jpg

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20200420001814.jpg

But I think you've already gone that way.

What section of the map are you in? When you press the map button, what is the area name? It should 'Former Disposal Area'.

Another thing is that the map doesn't always look like the reality. In the map it almost looks like a corridor because it doesn't show any areas where you can't actually place your feet. In reality, there is water and a blocked off area on the other side, if I recall correctly. So it'll look different.

Yeah, I meant this area:

View attachment 9144

View attachment 9145

But I think you've already gone that way.

What section of the map are you in? When you press the map button, what is the area name? It should 'Former Disposal Area'.

Another thing is that the map doesn't always look like the reality. In the map it almost looks like a corridor because it doesn't show any areas where you can't actually place your feet. In reality, there is water and a blocked off area on the other side, if I recall correctly. So it'll look different.

Yeah Ive gone back and forth I cant even find the switch again to begin with or that latter. Its been driving me crazy all day. Its my last side quest before I go over the wall but I dont want to leave without completing it.

Okay, if you backtrack beyond where you fought Abzu all the way back to where you were chasing the Shoat then you should find it.

If you can go back to the area where you fought the Mischievous Shoat and retrieved the key and then head to the ladder leading up to the next level. The switch is next to the ladder. Don't climb it. Press the switch (unless it is already pressed) and head back to where you fought the Shoat, jump over the crates then take the second right and keep following it.

Okay, if you backtrack beyond where you fought Abzu all the way back to where you were chasing the Shoat then you should find it.

If you can go back to the area where you fought the Mischievous Shoat and retrieved the key and then head to the ladder leading up to the next level. The switch is next to the ladder. Don't climb it. Press the switch (unless it is already pressed) and head back to where you fought the Shoat, jump over the crates then take the second right and keep following it.
I cant seem to find that area at all no matter the entrance I take.

I found it, for reference go out the back door to the dons store room where you leave the sewer with the symbol on it and to the very right is a latter in the dark (hard to see) and it takes you back to the shoat area again. So if anyone has this problem I found the solution. Its easy to miss I did many times.

That's great news to hear!
It sounds like it was a serious pain stumbling in the dark to find a particular ladder, but I'm glad you got there in the end.

Congrats, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. :)

Back