FFXIII-2 *SPOILER* Discussion Thread

I just finished Lightning DLC, got Lightning as a monster ally, and saw the secret ending.

Like...okay....

obvious SPOILERZZZZ

I talked about the gameplay and how it's kinda fun in the other thread. I'm just gonna focus on the story aspects.

Well... now they make Yeul look as if she's evil... this is really confusing me.
And the fact that time does not flow normally in Valhalla makes me confused on when does this even occur relative to the main game.
And why did Caius just disappear like that? No explanation?

I do like the sweet Serah and Lightning moment. I like the idea that crystals are not harmed by chaos apocalypse. I also like the idea that crystallising herself allow memories of Serah to be kept eternal. Though the part where Serah shed black tears is possibly one of the creepiest in an FF game.

But since crystals are unharmed, this means that Vanille and Fang are safe too. Does this mean another YRP girly FFXIII-3? /sarcasm

Now the secret ending after the credits is what bothers me. It says 'in a distant future', where Lightning is either literally exploring the Dying World, or it's in her crystal dream.

This scene is strangely similar to the last chapter of episode i. So don't tell me XIII-2 is a midquel of episode i instead of a continuation? Just speculation though.

Now I really don't know how are they going to continue from here onwards. Why didn't Caius do anything after the chaos apocalypse? Why does it apparently look like the dying world? How is the world going to be ever be restored?

Whatever it is, I want to see a continuation, BUT I wish they could just get this over and done with as fast as possible. It's really pissing me off.

So I just watched the ending on Youtube...

*SPOILERS* ahead

Serah is officially one of the strongest characters in Final Fantasy. :lew: She's so courageous and selfless - even when she's afraid, she finds strength in her love for Lightning, Snow and her friends. I don't think other FF women have sacrificed themselves quite so elegantly. It was incredibly beautiful and incredibly sad when she told Lightning to keep her memory alive, that she didn't matter if she was erased from the world as long as the world remained safe. :sad3:

I am not keen on the idea that Yeul could be evil. I loved her character in XIII-2 and changing who she is would fundamentally destroy her. :hmph:

As for the ending itself... WELL, it certainly points to a XIII-3 with Lightning as the central character. Her memories have been preserved...and her dialogue suggests that, with these memories, she could restore the timeline. :hmm: They COULD wrap this story up in a novel, but I would rather see another lengthy game which ties up all the loose ends.

One question though... HOW is there a 'Distant Future' if the timeline was destroyed? o_O Had Caius been successful, there would never have been a future for Lightning to wake up to. That is either a major plot hole or Caius failed. :grin:

The scene in which Caius appears on the throne at the end of XIII-2 could be a paradox ending, could take place before Lightning turns into crystal or could take place in the distant future after she wakes up. :hmmm:

Either way, can we see the TRUE ending now please? :updown:

Yeah it's kinda weird that...

It's weird that there is still a 'distant future', with all the chaos apocalypse thing.

But anyway, rewatching the secret ending for Lightning's DLC, something came to my mind.
Lightning said: "...In a world consumed by chaos, in a world where spirits are fading..."
And before that she described how the spirit is the source of our emotions and courage and stuff.
Now what if the chaos apocalypse causes everyone in the visible world to lose their spirits? The chaos that seeps through the gate will occupy every space, including the bodies of the people. Wouldn't the spirit (chaos) in them diffuse out and merge with the chaos outside?

Now wouldn't this mean that the people will turn into zombies? Beings with no emotions and aims. Hope, etc may manage to find a way to stop their spirits from being destroyed. Or it could begin with Lightning, Vanille and Fang who wake from their crystal slumber, with zombies surrounding them. So FFXIII-3 may have a zombie apocalypse setting, not unlike Left 4 Dead, etc :wacky:

FPS FFXIII-3 spin-off? I hope not... Things are already as crazy and confusing as it is.

Ugh my head hurts......

OMG what the bloody hell I expected the loose ends to be tied up not screwed to no end, I did get my uberlightning but shes only slightly better than my Gold Chocobo :/ doing maybe 9-10k per hit and maybe 11-12k per hit when fighting stagger....

As for the Story, I was pissed to only find out how and why Lightning went into Crystal mode, I wanted and hoped the 700MB download would last longer than a few hours of Caius rape spammage and another twisty ending that leaves my mind in constant rage from ANOTHER set of questions that need answers...

I suspect another DLC Since theres a empty slot in my Timeline yet ((unless the one below the ??? Colliseium is the Jazh Storyline)) so I think they'll just milk another DLC Story out of the players >.>;

I pray they don't make a XIII-3 cause I'm not sure I can afford to spend another 70+hours on a storyline that SHOULD have been finished on XIII-2....

That empty node is the Sazh story. SE has officially stated there will be no more DLCs.

I got this feeling that they will just troll players and not continue the story at all, or continue it via a japan exclusive novel.

Then I am pissed -.- it explains one part but leaves more questions I better see a Book on what the heck happens after all that.

I dispise being left on a cliffhanger and not know what happens next Dx

I haven't beaten any off the Downloadable content yet but I needed to vent here about the ending of FFXII-2.
I actually liked the ending - It's nice to see that there is actual fear/consequences. It reminded me a bit of FFVII when Aries was killed, my heart actually sunk when I saw what was happening to Serah. The part that REALLY pissed me off was the music. How am I supposed to get into a VERY emotional scene with some crazy over the top Pop music BLASTING in the background. smh. Regardless, I gotta cop that DC because Lighting is awesome and if FFXIII-3 is on it's way, bring it on, I'm a sucker.

Back