[SOTW] Information & Discussion /old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note: There have been some changes in the prizes and rewards. Make sure to check out the first post of this thread.

It means that the winner and / or voters will receive an additional bonus prize. i.e discount in MogShop, coloured username, etc. =]
I wasn't sure if it meant that you could only enter if you submitted stuff during the other weeks! (Can anyone can participate in this one? :wacky:)

Yes, actually. If you have a program that allows you to make signatures such as Photoshop or the free version GIMP anyone can start learning, and enter.

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/62410-SOTW-147-150-Guidelines these are the "Monthly" guidelines. Just make sure you submit your piece on time and follow the specific guidelines given for each week's theme. Why? Are you considering? :8F:

Kinda! I've used photoshop a faaaair bit for photography so I'm comfortable with that. This would be a lot different but it looks fun. Though anything I make certainly won't nearly be on the same level as you guys :lew:

Exciting! :8F: You gotta understand we all started somewhere. I've personally been doing this since 2008, so you can imagine that's quite a few years of practice! I always love seeing new faces and how people progress if they stick to it. So I'd love to see you enter. :D

Few updates!

Please make sure to read the general site updates to get a better idea on why the prizes have changed: check it out here.

Prize adjustments for SOTW:

Catagory
Old
New
Voters
x
10 Gil
Entrants
25 Gil
25 Gil
Winners
50 Gil
50 Gil
Freestyle Week
1 GP1 GP
Winning 10 times
100 Gil1 GP

There will still be the occasional bonus week for voters, entrants and winners. Just make sure you vote, enter (and win!) to see these special goodies come by!

!!! MAKE SURE TO SEND IN YOUR ENTRIES BEFORE NOON TOMORROW (CET) Nov 14th! !!!

Last edited:
Apologies for the double post on changes. After further discussion we felt it appropriate to change a few more things regarding SOTW. Here's the new set up:

- Voting in the poll automatically rewards you 10 Gil.
- Entrants receive 25 Gil.
- Winners receive 50 Gil.
- Freestyle (1st of the month) winner receives 1GP standard.
- Every 10th win you gain a post-bit reward.
- Every 10th win you gain 1GP.
- Bonus weeks are not included in the information above.

The 10th win used to be 5. We'll pick up where we left off. At 10, 20, 30 etc you will receive a post-bit reward.

All changes are in effect as of today (Nov 23rd, 2015).

Any questions, feel free to ask them here or PM me.

SOTW 155 entries will go up tomorrow. Meaning you guys still have today to submit your entries. Make sure they're in before midnight!

I want to thank everyone for submitting entries this year. It's time to sit back, let this week's voting unfold and then it's time for Signature of the Year! Thank you all for your dedication and hard work. I know the activity isn't what it used to be but with more people entering here and there you guys have made sure that SOTW is still a competition worth having.

โ™ฅ

Galadรญn, you won a username colour for 30 days. Please leave me a message in this thread with the desired colour.

@Hayanusa, you won a username colour for 15 days. Please leave me a message in this thread with the desired colour.
Costello, Dyranda, shivas, Mitsuki you girls won a username colour for 7 days. Please leave me a message in this thread with the desired colour.

Username colours will be applied directly and cannot be saved for a later date. If you wish to pass on yours, please let me know. Hex colours are allowed, of course!

@Galadรญn, you won a username colour for 30 days. Please leave me a message in this thread with the desired colour.

@Hayabusa, you won a username colour for 15 days. Please leave me a message in this thread with the desired colour.

@Costello, @Dyranda, @shivas, @Mitsuki you girls won a username colour for 7 days. Please leave me a message in this thread with the desired colour.

Username colours will be applied directly and cannot be saved for a later date. If you wish to pass on yours, please let me know. Hex colours are allowed, of course!

Also, let's give this another week. New guidelines will be posted Saturday January 9th. =] See you then!

I'll opt for a #990000 Username Colour change please. Thank you Six.

Time for a few updates.

SOTW Activity

As you guys may have noticed we don't have a whole lot of active Graphic artists around on the forum, but that has never stopped us from keeping SOTW going. I've thought about turning SOTW into a bi-weekly thing, but I would really prefer to keep this going at once a week. Your entries are obviously greatly appreciated, guys. With that said, I do want to give everyone a heads up that SOTW might be in for some changes if we can't make this work, but I'm confident we can make it work.

SOTW Prizes

If you guys have any other suggestions for this, please do not hesitate to let me know. Perhaps you guys would like something tied into SOTW with Final Fantasy XIV. The prizes definitely won't be high, but I'm sure we can work something out if this is something you guys are interested in. Remember, saving up your GP can get you some nice giftcards in FFF's Mogshop (yes, actual money to buy games for example!)

SOTW late entries / extending the due date

Remember that late entrants are better than no entrants. If you want to make a piece but you won't have time to submit it on Friday, please send me a PM or ask for an extension, you can also use this discussion thread for it. Preferably via PM so I notice it sooner. =]

SOTW Themes

If you have any themes you'd like to see come by, by all means SUGGEST them here. :D

Notification: As of this post you have 24 hours to submit your entries for SOTW 158: Final Fantasy XIV. If you need an extension please notify me in this thread or via PM. Thank you.

I'm not home at the moment, meaning SOTW will be extended until tomorrow! Apologies, guys. Life happened. :brooding:

Alright, everything's taken care of. :)

Remember, you are allowed to send your entries for the other weeks in in advance, just make sure to title each PM individually with the SOTW # if you choose to do so! :D

SOTW has been extended, new due date: Sunday Feb 14; preferably before 12 midnight (CET).

Few people asked for an extension, but the theme is still Freestyle... don't worry... none of this Valentines Day stuff... :wacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back