Help Some advice please.

Dan.

Gil
Ok now I've dedicated 59 hours so far to this...

As ridiculous and stupid as the story has been so far, I've put so much time into this that I have to finish it....

Now i'm at the last bit, squall is lvl 36 :/ and the rest of my party are like lvl's 20-25...

what levels realisticly should I be at to beat the last part of the game.. I take it I have to do some kind of puzzle in the castle to be able to cast magic/ draw etc?... is this hard? I'd prefer if someone explained to me because I kinda just wanna get this over and done with now..... :ohshit:

no spoilers involving the story btw please :)

I've shifted this over to the FFVIII Help Booth for you.

I was on level 100 when I reached Ultimecia's castle. :hmmm:

Then again, levels don't really matter much in this game. It's all about junctions. The monsters will be pretty much the save level as Squall if I remember correctly.

My squall was on like level 75 while everyone else was in the levels you had. Like Jady said. it's all on the junctions. The strongest junction magic is triple btw. Um, just junction EVERYONE (and I mean everyone for the last battle) and stock up on some good itens and spells. Make sure you have at least 3 people with the item ability and you should be fine. If you follow what I told you, success is garunteed!

Two things!

1. The lower your level, the easier the game. Monsters in FFVIII level up as you do, so good job at managing to stay at such a low level until that point.

2. You must not pay attention to the game very much, because when you arrive at the castle it is explained to you that Ultimecias servants are binding your abilities. You have to run around the castle and defeat them one by one.

Some of them are difficult.. like Tiamat.

Depending on your magic the whole game can be very easy.

You really should invest in doing some optional sidequests because they really help. Getting all the GF's for example is really handy, and fighting Ultima Weapon is great for drawing 100 Ultima.

I also recommend Card-Modding all the cards you get and using the GF abilities to turn them into magic. From memory you can get Haste, Triple and Tornado from doing this and all are very good magic.

Junction the best magic to Squall's strength. Pick another character to be your mage and junction the best magic to their magic stat. The other character you can do whatever you like with.

You only really need Squall to win the game. Just use the other two characters to support him. Get the Lion Heart if you can, since it makes the final boss 5 times easier.

Make a habit of using the Meltdown + Aura + Renzokuken tactic to really cut down the opponent. Dont be afraid of using Heroes or Holy War's if battles get a bit too tough.

Final Fantasy VIII is a very easy game after Disk 2 if you exploit the Junction System, theres a reason they got rid of it after all. :P

Um, just junction EVERYONE (and I mean everyone for the last battle) !

nah, you dont need to do that

just allow the 3 characters you dont wanna play with to die - but make sure if a char you want to use dies, res them asap, or you will regret it. You will get what I mean when you get there

Back