Advent Children Ring

Sam Fisher

FF's Resident Splinter Cell
Gil
I've never played FF7 on the playstation but i have seen advent children alot and i was wondering, why does Tifa have an engagement ring? i know the basic storyline of FF7 but i never heard that Tifa got engaged or is the ring on the wrong hand?

its not an engagment ring :dry: its a wolf ring - it has clouds symbol on it, which means i believe she either bought it for herself to remind herself or cloud or Cloud bought Her Barret and Denzel one as they all have one,

but it aint an engagment ring :lol: that would destroy the FF7 universe XD

No, no engagement, sadly. I think it's just a perpetuation of the main char's theme, placed there to see if you would notice. Someone said that there's a stone in the ring that Tifa's wearing, but I can't make my dvd player zoom in on it to see. Crap. If there is a stone, you can make what ever you want out of it. But I won't be happy until SE officially says something. (which they take a long time to do.)

Nope, it's not an engagement ring. It's a wolfy ring. Barret also has one that he wears and Denzel has one hanging around his neck. I believe they were all gifts from Cloud that he brought back to them during his travels around Gaia ^_^

Yeah, I have to go along with the rest and say it's just a memento of their adventures as well as their relationship no matter what corner is turned. It sort of reminds me of how Squall has a Griever Neckalce on, but he's not necessarily romantically involved with Griever.;)

EDIT: Also Tidus and his Yu Yevon image on his necklace.

It probably all boils down to symbolism. The Wolf symbol is an important part of Cloud and AC where as the Jecht symbol (or whatever it's called) is an important part of Tidus and FFX, but if you want to get down into the nitty gritty, I think they were just gifts that Cloud brought back to them and Yuna wanted to symbolize Tidus by wearing it on her outfit. That's my opinion. *shrugs*

Yeah i agree with you there LA, about the symbolism. Someone on another forum did say it was an engagement ring, I forget which. Well it did spark off quite a few arguements as this person said that theres a shot of Cloud and Tifa's bedroom and metioned something about 1 or 2 beds. Cant really remember. But yeah, its not an engagement ring.

LOL People are so funny. First, that bedroom you see them in isn't Tifa and Cloud's room, it's Marlene and Denzel's room hence the two beds. Cloud's bed is in his office and Tifa has her own room. Those are all confirmed in the novels, especially when Tifa tells Cloud to go and "drink in his room" in Case of Tifa. Also, it says that Marlene usually sleeps in Tifa's bed with her in the novel, but the night Barret left she slept with him. So Tifa and Cloud aren't sharing a bedroom :dry: It's not an engagement ring, people need to get that delusional thought out of their heads, because if it's an engagement ring then Cloud must be engaged to Barret and Denzel as well :rolleyes:

plus if it WAS an engagment ring - cloud and Tifa would be married in DoC right?

well we know that nothing hasnt changed there. :rolleyes:

I thought you guys were crazy when you said engagement ring, although the idea of Cloud and Tifa being engaged ain't bad. ;) I never noticed the rings in the movie, thanks for pointing it out. I'll be sure to check next time when I come to watch Advent Children. :)

lol, just about every main char has a main theme, which is portrayed by various objects in the movie and game. The rings are a part of those.

For those who were curious.....Cloud's theme is (obviously) wolves and Norse mythology. The name "Fenrir" is actually the wolf that would swallow the sun/moon/world (different legends say different things) at the time of Ragnarok. In the game, there's the swords, Ragnarok and Apocylpse, as well as the Odin and Titan materia. (I love identifying this mythology stuff!)

speaking of missing things, has anyone noticed the FF7 cover 'poster' in the movie? You see right when Tifa walks up the stairs, and the camera shifts sideways. It passes right by the cover of the game! you may want to frame step to see it, since it goes by quickly and it's easy to miss if you don't know about it.

Back