Veteran
Gil
Rift

Advanced technology.

Supernatural powers.

Parallel universes.

Ancient magic.

Time travel.

"What does all of this mean? These things are widely known as myths, made up stories from the very heart of the imagination. But what if was all true? What if these things appeared in our modern day lives without any warning? How would our lives be affected? Could man make the right choice in using these? Would it lead to great benefit? Or perhaps would it lead to greed and selfishness?"

That was what Professor Patrick Evans asked at his lectures many years ago. But now there is something sinister happening in the background. Across the world, these five very things are happening. Advanced technology has suddenly been found, people are emerging with supernatural powers, parallel universes are making signs of appearing, ancient magic has been demonstrated and time travel has very well become possible. But Professor Evans died a mere two years ago. If these five things, or let alone one of them, fall into the wrong hands, then perhaps the fate of the world is doomed.

The world is changing itself in the year 2008. The rift, as it is described, is occurring. Several ordinary individuals are about to find themselves colliding with one or more of these things. They scattered across the world. They could change the fate of humanity. They could control the destiny of the universe itself. But their morality is unclear. Will they use these five special gifts for doing some good? Or will their inner and dark desires emerge? Only time can tell ...

The whole thing just suddenly came to me as a random plot set in a Role Playing format. I haven't done an original Role Play for a long time, so let's see how this one turns out.

Rules

• No powerplaying
  • No godmodding
  • No killing
  • Cursing is allowed
  • Violence is allowed
  • At least one long paragraph posting
  • Put "Rift" in your template
  • Take it easy and have fun!

Template:

Name:
Personality: (Optional)
Nationality:
Appearance:
Bio:
Theme Song: (Optional)

Name: Dawn Turner

Personality: Your ordinary everyday kind of teenage girl. She worries about how she looks, when her school work has to be handed in ... but then she can appear to go deeper. Dawn isn't really prejudice and treats everyone the same when she first meets them. She bears a kind heart and some sense of courage.

Nationality: English

Appearance:
challengeme.jpg

Bio: Dawn Turner has the life that any ordinary girl has. She has two loving parents that get along and love her. She's an only child, so it means that their attention goes towards her when it's needed. She was always quite a bright student at school and still remains to be. Never falling into the wrong crowd either, Dawn's life only started getting complicated when she started hearing about Professor Patrick Evans. Very intrigued by his lectures of change in the world, she tried to seek him out when she was only 13. Unfortunately, Dawn never found him and learned he had died shortly before she tracked him down. Despite this, she gave up on finding out the reason behind his lectures, although she couldn't help, but feel that his death always seemed so mysterious and had unknown causes.

Two years later, Dawn is about to realise that she won't be able to escape Professor Evans and his lectures so easily. Now she's seeing signs all around her indicating that things are about to change, that a rift will affect the world. Considering herself too young for this, she will try to walk away from this and pretend that these things aren't happening. But everyone knows these things are happening ... it seems as though the shadow of Professor Evans lingers on and his warnings of the rift are finally coming. Dawn doesn't want to be involved in anything and wants nothing more than a less troubled life. However, things will not be so simple. She is about to be one of the few people in the world to have their lives changed by this rift.

Theme Song: Madonna Feat. Justin Timberlake - 4 Minutes

Name: Aya Fudayoshi
Personality: Very sweet and charming, with a bit of a temper. He is very timid at first, but is really talkative once he knows someone a little better. He has a sense of bravery and justice.
Nationality: Japanese
Appearance: [I'll track down a picture later]
He is the shortest member of his band, at 167.6cm and the lightest at 52kg. He wears makeup both on and off stage, and girl clothing, his favorite being a pink and orange schoolgirl outfit with his band's logo on the shirt. He has dyed pink hair that he keeps in a messy ponytail. His bangs are covered in hairclips that are all cute shapes and wears orange kneehigh socks with pink stars on them to match his pink and orange loafers.

Bio: Aya was always a bright, musical child. From the time he was 3, he was always banging on something until one day on his tenth birthday, his father got him a guitar. Six years later, he was a very successful rock star with his best friends. One day while he was on the internet, he found out about a man called Professor Evans. Curious, he listened to a few of this man's lectures and soon wanted to find out. His curiousity about this man lead him to form his own theories about a rift that was forming.
He was hopelessly obbsessed about finding out more about this said rift, but at the same time, it scared him deeply. He knew that he would be affected by it, but he didn't know how, when, or why.[I know it's kinda short and to the point. I'm going to fix it later]

Last edited:
Name: Sam Sebanex
Nationality: Russian
Appearance:
Leo.jpg

Bio: Sam was born in a middle class family in america. He was considered very smart and physically strong. By the age of 15, he was one of the most popular people in school. He would get money by doing odd jobs, usually helping people out with bullying problems. 2 years ago, Sam heard of a guy named Professor Patrick Evans. Out of boredom, he went to a lecture of his and soon after became obsessed with the stuff. Unfortunatly, Evans died before Sam could ask him about anything. Sam always did wonder if something like Evans talked about could actually happen and how cool it would be if it did.
Theme Song: TBA

ok now that I have time I should be able to keep with an RP

Name: Raymond “Ray” Sanders
Nationality: American
Appearance:
ray.jpg

Bio: Ray was born into a wealthy family in the United States. He never spent any time with his parents, because they were always busy. For the first ten years of his life, he was raised by various servants in his home. They made sure that he was both physically fit and mentally strong. He was always ahead of his class.

When he was eleven his parents began sending him to various boarding schools around the world. His parents thought that he would learn more this way. It was because of this that he found himself listening the lectures by Professor Patrick Evans. It was these lectures that had the most impact on Ray’s life. The ideas this man had, inspired him to dedicate his life to studying these phenomena. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
When he was twenty Ray’s parents both died in a plane accident. Since Ray was not very close to them his mourning did not last very long. In their will they left him their entire fortune. It was then that he moved back to the US. He spent all his time studying the subjects that Professor Evans had presented. He has doubled his efforts since the passing of this great man. He has even come up with his own theories regarding time. Now his is waiting in hopes that they might soon be published.<o:p></o:p>

This looks like it'll be a great SL. I'd really love to join! I don't have a character set up, just yet, but I should have one by tomorrow. :)

Name: Jack Hisagi

Nationality: Australian/Japanese

Personality: Intelligent, quiet and unassuming, he is often overlooked because of his lack of people skills and his shyness. He has a strong tendency towards drifting off and loosing himself in fantasy worlds. He also yearns to be involved in something more than everyday.

Appearance:
Death%20Note%205.jpg

Bio: Jack grew up in Australia to a Japanese father and Australian mother, and until about age 10 he was a fairly normal child, he had a bevvy of friends, was social and was outgoing and had relatively few problems of any nature. However, at age 10, Jack was involved in a car accident, namely a hit-and-run, involving himself, his mother, and his best friends mother. His Jack and his mother were hit and Jack's best friends mother drove off with Jack's best friend in the car, not even looking and ignoring his "friend" being run down. Jack's mother died and since then Jack has attributed having friends to pain and loss.

As such, he began to nurture his academic gifts to the point of neglecting nearly all others, except his father and his beloved younger sister. At age 15 though, Jack's sister caught a rare form of cancer, attacking her brain and putting her into a permanent vegatative state. As such, Jack spent all his free time by her side when not at school and soon began to develop an avid fantasy life to keep himself interested. Being a gifted student, he was interested in some "out there" theories and, at age 17 when his sister passed away, Jack and his father moved too America to follow up on the lectures of one Professor Patrick Evans, as Jack was interested in the Professor's theorems and ideas, especially on the ideas concerning the "Rift" stemming from power in society. He was not sure what would happen if these theories proved to be true, but he harboured a dream to be a part of it if it was...

Theme Song: Fall Out Boy - 7 Minutes In Heaven (Atavan Halen)

so how are we going to have our characters meet up in this one because we are all on complete different parts of the planet.

srry to do this to u guys but im not experienced enough so b4 i do this ill have to do others im so srry :D

Last edited:
Dincht, you're accepted.

Dknight ... well, we could meet by accident. We'll just have to arrange it.

Besides, why isn't anyone posting? There's been people signing up and not a lot of posts from what I can clearly see ...

alright Ray is just going to go to england to talk about Prf Evans and his theories so if you wantto we could use it to introduce Dawn and Ray.

Sure thing, I got no problem with that.

But I'll wait for a while first to see if anyone else gets off their asses and posts ...

Sorry Faith, I've been away
I'll post now, and Jack is in America, along with some others (unless I'm mistaken) so they could meet...
By the way, what kind of 'stuff' is going to happen to our characters? Like powers or some-such?
Or is it a surprise?
Oooooh I'm excited!

Is it too late for me to sign up? I'll create a character anyway, and wait for your decision.

Name: Apo (Last name kept as secret for now...)
Personality: Quiet in nature due large amounts of neglect; Not outspoken. Acts rationally and can be misinterpreted as a cold person. He doesn't mind isolation since he's used to it.
Nationality: Australian
Appearance: Fair build. Brown eyes. Dark brown short-lengthed hair: in a usual mess. Even and average height. Fair-skinned.
Biography: Apo grew up in streets where cruelty was evident and crimes occurred frequently. He doesn't know who he is or where he came from; know nothing of his parents/ family. Apo wanders around the streets everyday in looking for food and sleeps on any street that seemed most comfortable, with a sleeping bag he found left as rubbish. He isn't in an 'official' gang but he hangs around with some as he helps them and they help him. He does this and like many others for survival in places of gloom (a place in the city that is usually avoided by high-ranked citizens). Apo knows nothing of the rift yet and keeps on his daily business...

Sorry it's taking me awhile to post again, but I've been busy with some school work. My next post will be done by saturday. as soon as I finish my work.

allow me to play the villain.

Name:Sanguine Silence

Race: ????
APPEARANCE <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Hair: unknown

Eyes: Sanguine, the color of blood. The eyes show no direction, no emotion, just a focused gaze.
Height: 5ft. 9in.
Weight: 180

Complexion:a sort of red and black living armor encompasses his entire body.
Build:Well built, the body of an acrobat and the shoulders of a fighter, He stands tall and unwavering. Muscular legs allow his quick movements.
Personality: cold, with a taste of humor
First Impression: At first glance he would seem to be the creeping death, delivering the message of an untimely end, at second glance he's destroying everything in sight with an array of attacks.
Weapon(s): His body is a weapon in itself, the acrobatics he uses go unmatched. And alas The silver gauntlet that consumes the entire upper right quarter of his body. Tendrils of spike splay from his back like a small wing of blades. many mysteries lay behind this mystic armor, some of which even he does not fully understand.
Armour: The gauntlet rests embedded in his flesh , its eye above his heart may open at it's own whim to devour the life force of it's foes. a silver helmet covers the top of his head, with a spike that extends backwards.

Magic: Sanguine is well versed in the artforms of self support magic, and what he knows as offensive magic is even more powerful, but comes at a price.
Abilities/skills: Unmatched acrobatics and superior strength, Intimidation is an ability that causes his foes to delay their thoughts and plan of defense.

His quick movements are surely unnatural. One would strain his eyes if not prepared for such speed.
Bio: The first and only king of Asilagoth, a world beyond the rift. He built the world from scratch after being imprisoned there for more than 3 million years. Now that the seal has weakened due to certain disturbances, he is breaking it down from the inside. A one person army, he plans to tear the new world apart and seek revenge against those who locked him away, and when he does, he wants them to Wallow in terror as they gaze upon what they have created.

Back