Playstation PSP go! or PSP 3000

Devil

Devil
Gil
SHOOT!
im interested in getting a new psp from my old 1000 series (had it since they were released in japan and its getting a tad old and worn out)

so seeing as its crimbo..
people tell me the pros and cons of these two psps please!
:)

LOVE TO ALL!

DEVIL!

I guess PSP 3000 would be the better one out of the two. Only because it would annoy me to have to buy every game off of the net. It's much easier, in my opinion to have the disks. But if you like the new-wave of technology and having everything in one, go for the Go!.

If you want a UMDless psp with a ton of memory capacity get the PSPgo.
If not get a 3000, which in my opinion is better because you can play UMDs and digital games provided you have a memory card with alot of memory.

The price for the 16gb memory card has dropped to a fair price, even though you'll end up paying more for the 3000 and the 16 memory card you're better off going with that. Seeing as how PSN has yet to release a lot of games that are still in UMD form.

I will get a go sometime in the future, but i won't get it anytime soon being that i have my psp 2000 which still works fine. Even if something did get damage such as the UMD (it has been before) the most i get charged for paying it is 70 dollars.

That and the price of the PSPgo is ridiculous, it costs more than a wii. I would get more out of a wii for its price than a PSPgo.

Last edited:
Now, in my opinion, I personally would go with the PSP Go, mainly because of its streamlined, slim style. There's something about it that's so appealing to me. though the lack of UMD is quite a drawback, I would still go with the PSP Go.

The 3000, though, is more user-friendly in terms of its ability to play UMDs and the controls being just like the older PSP models, as well as its use of the Memory Stick Pro Duo, which is more common than the PSP Go's Memory Stick M2 requirement.

I would pick the Go, just because I like more slim, streamlined technology like that. But you choose what you like the best. I'm just giving you some (somewhat) helpful advice on each. :awesome:

My honest opinion is the PSP 3000. The GO costs too much, games take to much of a hassle to get, and its actually kind of small for a system (that last one doesnt matter that much :wacky:) But seriously, the 3000 is cheaper, which allows it to win right away and its controls are more relative to previous models. If you want to spend extra money and learn to play the PSP again, then go ahead and get it. But I say the 3000.

Since I'm pretty much just repeating what everyone else says because I share their view, I'm going to sound like a broken record >.>

Anyways, I haven't really looked into the PSP Go because it's never interested me, but the price is ridiculous. From what I'm aware it's around £210, put £40 on top of that and you can afford a PS3, that's how stupid the price is. Plus, PSP 3000 is just as good, if you're happy enough just playing games through a UMD then youre gonna end up saving around £100 just on buying a PSP 3000. Plus I don't really see any pros in buying a PSP Go.

I'd go for the PSP 3000, it's less fuss than the PSP Go really.

Personally, I find the PSP Go stupid looking, the PSP may be bulky, but at least it doesn't look daft. Also, I'm not a fan of having to download everything, it's going to be ridiculously expensive to buy one and then you add the price of all the games on top of that...

And, it doesn't even have all the PSP games available on it yet =/ So you're screwed if a game you really want hasn't been made downloadable yet, since then you have to wait till they release it for download too.

Following on from everyone else's advice...I'd recommend the PSP 3000. The PSP Go looks a lot nicer, but you can get a PS3 for a little bit more, and lack of UMDs (at the moment, anyway) limits the games you can get for it.
...not to mention if you get a 3000, you can afford to get a ton of UMDs as well~

Id go with the PSP 3000, u can have the best of both worlds and UMDs will last longer than those expensive, flimsy, easy to lose memory cards. Plus is a whole lot cheaper.

Though since u have a working older model psp u should just use that. Its a waste of money buying a different model with the same functionality.

PSP3000, I'll say, without a doubt.

The only possible downside when compared to the Go is that the default memory stick can't hold much outside of game saves (i.e.-can't download too much), but as long as you can afford a stick with much larger memory, then there's essentially no point in getting the Go, in my opinion.

3000. You can get games on a memory stick and UMD, which is great because you can buy games used and save a ton of money, rather than download them for full price.

Besides, the PSPGo looks kind of odd to control for me. The way where the buttons all slide under the screen seems odd for a gaming console.

And there's nothing wrong with a 1000! I have one that I got the day it was released (almost 5 years ago), and it still works fine. Has some scratches on the screen and a very small battery life, but I see no need to upgrade personally.

Back