Master Cat

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Chanteru Chandora
FFXIV Server
Lamia
A trailer for the Digimon Adventure, the new Digimon RPG that is also an adaptation of the first season of the Digimon anime, has been released. The game will be released in 2013, and you can watch the trailer below.

It appears that old voices will be reprising in their roles in Digimon Adventure. The battle system is still unclear, but it appears that you can evolve the children’s partner Digimon in battle.

The events covered in this trailer show that the first arc—File Island and Devimon—are definitely in the game, which is hardly a surprise. However, the laugh that cackles away at the end of the trailer sounds suspiciously like Keramon of movie 2, Our War Game…

Digimon Adventure Trailer

Source: Siliconera

This is a pretty nice tribute to Digimon's 15th anniversary, and personally, I think Digimon Adventure was the best anime out of the series (aside from Digimon Adventure 02, && maaaybe Digimon Tamers!)

Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be released outside of Japan, but who knows? Namco Bandai has released some other Digimon games to the U.S. that I thought were pretty useless (like those Rumble Arena games, lol).

My main issue is that this is being released for the PSP (plus it may just stay as an import?). Honestly, I'm not sure why PSP games are still being released - no offense to those who don't want to "upgrade" to the PSVita. But the Vita reaaaally needs some games. >_>;

Last edited:
TBH I loved the Original Digimon World Game the best Digimon World 2 was pretty good too aside from the annoying EXP System.

I'd really like to see a Reboot of DW1 but this looks good, I hope it gets sent to the US D:

Yeah, we can only hope that it does. It seems like my main issue with the video game industry now is the localization of (potentially) awesome games. Japan can't have all of the fun! ;__;

Digimon Adventure RPG update! Here's the official Japanese site~ :chocochan:

Namco Bandai have updated the official website for Digimon Adventure with a screenshot showing the scene of Taichi’s first meeting with Koromon, just after he arrives in the Digital World:

pict02b_thumb.jpg

As previously reported, Digimon Adventure is based on the anime series and is being developed by Yuji Naka’s studio, Prope, marking their first RPG.

...the official website also reveals a couple of other Digimon that will be present in the Digimon Adventure game. Kuwagamon is the first enemy encountered by Taichi’s group, and is fought when their Digimon evolve from Baby to Child stage. Meanwhile, Shellmon is fought when Agumon first evolves into Greymon.

Source: Siliconera

Hearing more news about Digimon Adventure RPG is making me even more intrigued! I like the idea that the game is practically a reiteration of the actual first season of Digimon, && not merely influenced by the Digimon series in a general sense.

I know that it's only expected to release in Japan next year, but maybe it'll be possible for someone within the PSP community to translate the game somehow? We'll see~

Back