PC Plants vs. Zombies

Rockman X

Over 9000
Veteran
Gil
PopCap Games (guys who made Bejeweled and Peggle) just came out with a new game called Plants vs. Zombies. It's a tower defense game where zombies are invading your lawn, and you have to set up different plants in your yard to keep the zombies from getting into your home and eating your brains. Thankfully, it's pretty light on the strategy, the most being what plants you should take with you into battle, and being able to manage your solar points. There's also alot of minigames too, from zombie bowling to managing a garden, but I haven't unlocked many of them yet. Too busy playing the main game anyway, it's extraordinarily addicting.

Here's the trailer:

And an adorable music video:

Yes, the game is incredibly silly. I've literally lol'd at some of the zombie types, especially the Michael Jackson one (looks like Michael from Thriller, does the moonwalk and summons zombie backup dancers). There's zombies driving zambonies, zombie bobsled teams (no, the trailer didn't make that up), pole-vaulting zombies...I could go on but I won't spoil all the types.

So yeah, go buy it now. It's amazing. Oh, and the requirements are really low too, so even rigs not built for gaming should be able to run it. You can buy it on PopCap's website for $20...but I have no idea why anyone would do that when you can buy it on Steam for $10 :awesome:

i saw this on attack of the show awhile ago, looked interesting but with all the other pc games out there i much rather play those then this. They should have made it for the psp or ds or some kinda hand held portable device. Would have been soooooo much better, id play it then.

This game really looks adorable! If I had a working credit card I think I'd purchase it. ^_^ I like the adorable delivery and the strategy/puzzle type game. And it doesn't look too difficult but fun enough to keep your attention. I don't know. x3 It's just so cute!

i saw this on attack of the show awhile ago, looked interesting but with all the other pc games out there i much rather play those then this. They should have made it for the psp or ds or some kinda hand held portable device. Would have been soooooo much better, id play it then.

It would work great on the DS, but I can't see it being put on the PSP or a console, since EVERYTHING you do is dictated by clicking the mouse. A stylus would be a perfect substitute, but there would have to be major reworking for the PSP or consoles.

This game really looks adorable! If I had a working credit card I think I'd purchase it. ^_^ I like the adorable delivery and the strategy/puzzle type game. And it doesn't look too difficult but fun enough to keep your attention. I don't know. x3 It's just so cute!

Actually......I found out a while ago that Steam takes PayPal too, and I forgot to tell you <_<

I got this when it came out since I like getting games like these every now and then from Steam like I did with Audiosurf and World of Goo (two other games I'd recommend looking at).

Not played any of PopCap's games apart from Peggle Extreme but knew it'll be a great little game which it has proven to be. The best thing is the variation of Plants and Zombies as well as the art style which suits it very well. And while the game isn't that difficult it is really fun to play.

Still on the third world I think so just about halfway there. Need to look into finishing this sometime.

This game is so fun. It's one of those games that even though it's quite limited in scope, it makes up for in sheer addictingness. I think I finished the campaign within a week and then just got addicted with the other modes.

This is addddddddddddddictive... i now trying to get my Tree of Wisdom higher... (55feets for now) It's cute + adorable + backgroud music is so LOL... When there is no internet, this game to the rescue... hehe~~

I love the ending song. ._.

I really think they should do an expansion for this. I'm nearly at 100 percent completion and I want new challenges/plants/music/zombies/cards. :rage:

lewis told me about it quite a while ago and i played it and got addicted. it was ace :sad3:

i think he has it on his iphone now though :ohoho::ohoho::ohoho::ohoho:

It is addicting! :rage:

I remember I played it all summer 'til my brains blew out. I think the zombies would have loved that.

Cute game. Get a bit bored after a while because of the repeatable nature. Nice game to play when you are waiting for something.

^^^^ this guy looks like a SB ;)

Lol i remember this game! Was so fun! Although it's like Vyxsin said, Its only good for short burst plays, not long ones cos it does get repetitive lol.

Ah...I remember when the game creator was still in development over this game. He came on this forum I was on and I was like "its bloody brilliant!". I'm glad its a really well liked game, definitely deserves it.

I love the song, very adorable. :D

Back