Over The Top FF Fans.

I hate people that feel like they know everything about everything in a certain FF game, and anytime you post something that they disagree with, they reply with a very condescending post that pretty much says "I'm right, you're wrong", even about things that are left up to interpretation. Though it's hilarious when they are wrong.

I also hate people that are overzealous about couples. I mean, who cares who Cloud loves? HE IS NOT REAL!!!

Nothing winds me up quicker than a know it all in anything, when there a know it all and are zealous about it when it comes to FF its pretty much a lose, lose situation.

I would class myself as lucky to only ever meet one of these people, they annoyed me so much I actually felt like physically punching them in the face and screaming NO! at them.

The fact that FFF seems rather good at these crazy people not rearing there ugly heads is definatley a Very good thing!

like everyone here i am a huge ff fan and if i am wrong about something i'll admit it but when you get people that think they are right even though they are wrong every time, thats when it gets irritating my friend is like that to put it simple HE CANNOT BE WRONG about anything ff but he is! :)

Oh they have been here in the past XD. I think Final Fantasy has winded down in popularity recently. (Every other cosplayer at cons isn't AC Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Yuna, or Rikku anymore) And FF7(And really Advent Childen) isn't everywhere anymore. (though FF7 is still popular it's mostly with gamers now) So maybe that's where they all went.

Oh I forgot to mention something else over zealots do. When they have a favorite game (usually FF7) or a favorite character, in every thread they have to dismiss what the original thread is about and talk about how great that other game or character is.

On another forum, any time a thread was about Aerith or Yuffie, and sometimes Yuna, someone had to come in and mention how Tifa was a better character. Like someone made thread asking about Aerith's childhood. No other FF7 character was mentioned. One of the replies had to be "well I dunno but Tifa was a better character." A) that is an opinion, B) That added nothing to the original thread.

And it's happening with Zack. On youtube, everytime there is a video that centers around Cloud, or even FF7 videos, many of the replies at youtube have to be. "Cloud sux! Zack was so much better!" or "Cloud copied Zack!" Um no, Cloud came first. ZACK copied him and was really just an after thought in FF7, and who ever made CC was uncreative and kept forcing the FF7 connection. And besides, Zack was defeated by Sephiroth whereas Cloud defeated him easily at the reactor. (Last Order was stupid and is not cannon according to SE) Ugh I wish CC was never made! Though someone told me to just imagine all the Zack fanboys on youtube as Kanye West. Then it became kind of funny.

On another forum, any time a thread was about Aerith or Yuffie, and sometimes Yuna, someone had to come in and mention how Tifa was a better character. Like someone made thread asking about Aerith's childhood. No other FF7 character was mentioned. One of the replies had to be "well I dunno but Tifa was a better character." A) that is an opinion, B) That added nothing to the original thread.

You're spot on! I've seen this happen a few times - it drives me insane. Insane I tell you!

Once people get a favourite into their head, there's no way anybody can derail them on their "I love (Insert name here)" rant.

But anyway, what is the point of this thread really? I just want to talk about how amazing Squall is and how every other character is a waste of Squall time...XD

You know where I see a lot of these people? Youtube. I make one little innocent comment about how I love that Cloud's hair defies gravity and the next thing I know people come back with "Well then why is your username Caladbolg69 huh?!" or "Shut up man you don't know anything! Cloud's awesomer than you'll ever be!"

Also, just wondering if there is a way to set a default text colour.

I guess there are some out there. Some randoms whom make their way on here, cause trouble and leave make me lark. They spam up threads defending whichever bloody character they obsess over (usually Cloud or Tifa) as if these characters are real!?! Its makes me laugh my arse off that these "fans" take pride in being hard core defenders.

By all means, really love something, but dont hate others if their opinion differs slightly from yours :D

Yeah, I've seen so many. It does get quite irritating especially when they think they're right ALL the time and they put up the most pointless argument. It's rather sad if anything because they try so hard to prove a point.

it kinda annoys me,it gives me the thought that their arrogant nerds that think they know everything all the time,but if they know a lot for strategy help,you may think that they could help you for cheats and hints fof ff games,which is suppose to be a good thing if your stuck in one of the games.

For some reason I just thought of this bad memory.

I'm a nerd and hang out at anime cons. XD Back when FF7 was very popular (after the release of AC) Every other cosplayer was an FF7 (ok AC cosplayer) It wasn't so much that, it was the behavior of the fans. I saw way too many Cloud cosplayers humping Sephiroth Cosplayers. And even worse, was watching Reno and Rude humping each other. Sephiroth was renamed Sexyroth (funny the first time, annoying after hearing it 1000 times) Many fangirls screaming how Cloud is gay for Sephiroth/Zack/Vincent. Someone came dressed as Tifa from FF7 and another girl dressed as AC Tifa told FF7 Tifa that she had Tifa's outfit wrong <.<

Worst story I heard, a Tifa cosplayer hooked up with a Cloud cosplayer and she would not stop talking about how awesome it was that she got to sleep with Cloud Strife.

I have never seen a person like this before. I know for damn sure that I'm not that person. I barely even consider myself an FF fan anymore. The worst I've seen are those people that are like "ZOMGZ!!!!!!1! FF7 IS TEHS BESTESES IN ALL TEH EVERZ!!!!!111!!!z1!" Though they don't annoy me that much. I'd much rather tolerate those people over most humans.

Back