MOTION BLUR!

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi
From just a day of playing Final Fantasy Type-0 HD one thing is veyr apparent... it needs a serious patch job. One slight move of the camera and we get this:

ffto2_zps8kt4xmjh.jpg

The background just swoops out of focus instantly! It's so jarring to the eye and really horrid to look at. Pushing it one step further when running and turning the camera you get this..

ffto1_zpsbet8lkzy.jpg

It's just really bad... and I see no need for it. How this hasn't been fixed I just don't know... I can't be the only one who find this an issue right?

This might sound like weird advice, but here it is: don't use the right analog stick (all the time).

Basically, the camera in this game is still mapped to digital functions instead of analog ones--a remnant of the PSP using the d-pad for camera control. They literally just took that and mapped it to the right analog stick without actually converting the camera itself to analog.

BUT, they also left in the automatic camera movement from the PSP version, so a lot of the time you can get by without adjusting it at all. I've gotten to where I barely touch the right stick, and when I do it's usually just for quick adjustments, not constant control as in normal action games.

So yeah, it doesn't really bother me too much. It's workable, but definitely an obsolete remnant of the PSP that should have been re-programmed. I'd be happy if they patched in an analog camera and patched out the automatic adjustment to make it more like a console game, but I'm fine with it as-is too.

Yeah that was really the only big gripe I read about the game prior to playing it in reviews. The game was made for the PSP, and as far as they got before deciding to bring it to the current generation of consoles, were beyond the mark of updating and adjusting graphics to fit the systems. It's a shady deal we lose out on as gamers, but overall, still looks good. Not sure the "HD" wording should be including in the title of this game, it just seems, unnecessary.

I almost got game-sick yesterday when I rode the chocobo in the Chocobo Ranch and used the right-analog stick for camera movement. Sheesh...that was really bad.

I'm trying to train myself not to use the right-analog stick too much, but it's a little challenging. It just feels natural to use it to adjust camera while running, you know? But yeah, I do hope they come out with a patch for it. It's not a game-breaker for me, but I can only play a bit of a time before I get dizzy.

I kept hearing about motion blur from others, but I got the game after the patch. I can't imagine how anyone could have played this game with that much motion blur in the game.

I'm probably the only one in the world who wasn't bothered by it :lew:

Bought on day 1 and played the entire campaign before the patch. I'll admit a few times it made me borderline disoriented but other than that I was fine.

Back