Nintendo Mario Kart Wii

I've heard there are thirteen unlockable characters. I have yet to get the game, so I don't know for sure.

I've only unlocked one =/ is there some specific task you have to do? Because I can defeat the staff ghosts easy enough, but no expert ghosts X_X
You have to beat the staff ghosts by seven seconds.

I believe that 24 characters are in the game, I only need 3 more.

I have this game... I was never really a huge fan of Mariokart for the DS though, but it's quite addictive for the wii. The tracks are all cute and there are some pretty cool ones, my personal favourite is the shopping mall one. I still prefer the Crash Bandicoot racing games though... I think they have better weapons and characters, and the general standard of the tracks is imo better too.

I like the game, but... Something about it; it's just not epic like the others. What new feature does it really have going about it? Motorcycles? :/

For some reason, it's really hard for me to see ahead in the track, and I end up falling off the track easily.

My flatmate found a copy of the game finally so I can start playing it.

The FC is 0044-3626-6189. PM if you add me.

I've played pretty much online most of the time and it's awesome and I've won a fair few epic races but seeing people abusing the bikes is pissing me off, it's like the snaking gits from the DS game.

What do you mean by abusing the bikes? Wheelies and stunts? or are people just using them more than the karts, if that is the case shouldnt it be called Super Mario Bike.

Have you not noticed that anyone abusing the wheelies on the Mach Bikes (usually using Daisy so I'd imagine that that's the best combo) are pretty much unbeatable? I've had a half dozen races alone today where people doing that were winning by half a lap. Everyone else is pretty much evenly matched but that's a part of the game that can be considered a tad broken.

You win a lot using the bikes which kinda is how most races usually finish. But anyway.

I unlocked the first Mii costume so I'm now using that as my main racer which is pretty damn sweet. Had no desire to go ahead and finish the other Grand Prix cups since without the 2-player it's pretty boring. It's an awesome game for online and multi-player but not so much for single-player games sadly. However seeing the last kart for the medium weight class looks pretty damn sweet so I'll probably have a go at that, how hard can doing 24 Fasts Ghosts be?

If the second place racer is close behind, I'll just step on the brake a little and allow them to pass me. The blue shell should go after them instead. Slowing down probably isn't as bad as getting hit.

I didnt check all the way thru to see if you got a correction on this, but that blue shell wont always go for that, it depends it seems.... I know that plan has backfired on me a few times. Best bet is to try and take people out with you.

I've probably posted a bit late fbut since we've got a fair amount of MK owners here would anyone be up for some online karting this weekend? I've spoken to a couple of people already about this but it'll be more fun (and chaotic) if we have more involved.

Anyone else enjoy this? My friend hired it last night and I must say that I was very impressed by it. I was surprised to see that the steering actually worked well, I personally expected it to be very dodgy. All in all I'd say this game was very entertaining in my opinion.

What do you guys think?

I think it's a good game, though I can't stand playing on 150cc. It's ridiculous. The AI is given a way to beat you every other second. Not what I'd consider fair.

Still, the game's fun. Wouldn't have minded an item editor.

Not the best overall Mario Kart since some of the retro Tracks (Yoshi Falls, the GBA/SNES tracks) were pretty poor choices considering the others available but the online multiplayer generally makes up for that. Only need to get two more star rankings in the Mirror Cups to get that little star next to my name online and less than 400 points away from breaking the 8000 point barrier which for me would be pretty sweet.

The steering wheel is perfect, they pulled it off really well. Only real gripe apart from the track selection is that I wish something was in place to even up the games, when someone is over 10 secs ahead of eveyone else then you'd expect that a Blu Shell or two would be a good thing. Sometimes items just don't go your way but hell that's Mario Kart for you.

Personally, I found it a bit of a disappointment.The only other Mario Kart game I have ever played is Mario Kart DS. I must admit, the steering was amazing, made it a lot more fun. Other than that, there was nothing great about the game. It kept me entertained for about a fortnight, which I was surprised with, since I've been playing MKDS since the release, and I still don't get bored with it. I liked being able to see the track and where everyone is, and it was annoying that MKWii didn't have that. Altogether, I found the game a great let-down.

I'll go ahead and merge both threads.

-Threads Merged-

Fantastic game.
I loaned it to my brother so I have not played it in a month or so but when I got it I was non stop for a while.

I don't mind the Blue Shell. It is a way to really shake things up. Of course I hate it when I get hit but love it if I fall back. What they need though is some sort of counter measure to it is all. An item that is decently rare to get but only able to get if you are in First place. Some sort of shield that goes over you for about 3 seconds so you have to time it.

Back