Lost Dreams of the Unicorn thread

redcloud9

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hi guys!

I am really digging the new look around here...
I have decided to open a thread for those who have been following my graphic novel series and to those new to it.
Its been such an honor to be featured in both issues of Timber Maniacs so far! When I was a teen playing FF8 I thought 'That would be such a cool name for a mag.'
I am going to have some news and new pictures soon to share from the upcoming Volume 2: The Knight and the Centaur
If you would like to read Volume I please feel free to pm me!

Official page:
www.zaperart.com

Hi everyone!

Here is a short preview of Volume 2 for you to look at...
Its coming along nicely and I am really excited to be able to tell more of the story...
The alchemist Cazimir will make an appearance, the centaurs will have a much large role in Volume 2 and the unicorn will reveal himself...
If you have any suggestions or wish to see more of a certain character now is the time to tell me...

https://www.zaperart.com/volume2

Thanks for the update - volume 2 is looking promising! I continue to be blown away by your art.

I loved volume 1, so I'm really looking forward to reading the next chapter in the story. I'm particularly looking forward to getting to know the centaur.

Here is the planned logo for Volume 2! Although I have a main logo each part will have its own logo with the characters that I will be focusing on. I guess all those Final Fantasy logos rubbed off on me as I really enjoy making them.

Last edited:
I really like that! ^

It's very clean, not over-complicated, and yet is very expressive. So that's perfect for the logo.

I'm loving that logo @redcloud9...The sketchy but clean look is a nice direction, something that I'm easily attracted to, personally. How long did that take you? I love hearing about the process, there's always something interesting happening.

Thanks! I actually did it quite fast, an hour maybe. I had already a clear image in my mind how it would look like. The editing process is something which always drags things out but I settled on the first color scheme I came up with. It just felt right. I usually spend hours trying different things. The sword holding pose came from a scene in the graphic novel I was just about to draw. Initially both characters were going to be looking upwards but this was a way to provide more contrast. I already got an idea for the Volume 3 logo...but it will have to wait!

I'm loving that logo @redcloud9...The sketchy but clean look is a nice direction, something that I'm easily attracted to, personally. How long did that take you? I love hearing about the process, there's always something interesting happening.

Back