Looking for a new Book to read

Ooh, that sounds incredibly romantic! Thank you so much. Is it well-written or is it like Stephanie Meyer's style of "writing?"

Either way, I will read it thank you so much!

No probs hun. Im in love with the front cover:

Fallen+by+Lauren+Kate.jpg

Its written better then Meyers IMO. Its had good reviews, but people thought it was about vamps, but nope. Something more religious with wings XD

But really its a gothic tragic love story. Its juicy, so enjoy!!

Do those books have names?x3 I love classic love stories.

Just look for a book with a collection of short stories. My favorite bundle is called 'Stories from the German Romantic Era' and features writers like Johann Karl August Musäus and E.T.A Hoffman. There are of course lots of other good writers of that era, like Edgar Allen Poe or Goethe. (Wikipedia is your friend, just look some up and check out their work ;-) )
Most Romantic writers wrote shorts stories and no books (which is too bad, but great if you like to finish a storie before putting your book down).

I would say Dean Koontz, Odd series is really excellent.

odd-thomas.jpg

This has been my favorite read in the past 3 years. I read Forever Odd in like a day because of how much I loved it. Books I would say are an easy read, but some find it hard to follow at times... Just keep your eyes open for inconsistencies =) you will know what I mean.

Summary though: It consists of a 18ish year old teen who through traumatic experiences can see ghosts along with demon-esc type of ghosts as well. They lead him to where crimes will be committed and he has to figure out ways to prevent them from happening. I suggest it highly!

I would say Dean Koontz, Odd series is really excellent.

odd-thomas.jpg

This has been my favorite read in the past 3 years. I read Forever Odd in like a day because of how much I loved it. Books I would say are an easy read, but some find it hard to follow at times... Just keep your eyes open for inconsistencies =) you will know what I mean.

Summary though: It consists of a 18ish year old teen who through traumatic experiences can see ghosts along with demon-esc type of ghosts as well. They lead him to where crimes will be committed and he has to figure out ways to prevent them from happening. I suggest it highly!

Wow! Oh my god, that sounds amazing! It's like seriously what I was hoping to find. Thank you so much for suggesting this book, man. It sounds amazing! :highfive:

Can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier, but the "Inkheart" series is actually very good. It's somewhat aimed towards a younger audience, but if you're looking for a traditional fantasy with a twist, you're looking for Inkheart.

Can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier, but the "Inkheart" series is actually very good. It's somewhat aimed towards a younger audience, but if you're looking for a traditional fantasy with a twist, you're looking for Inkheart.
Read it and I LOVED it. I own both books ^^

Theres also a third book in the Inkheart series called InkDeath :-)

Im also reading the Morganville Vampires. Its got good characters and a good plot. There is a whole series out there with more on the way, so Im working my way through XD Also the Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith are good.

Last edited:
Fool by Christopher Moore, which is Shakespeare's play King Lear from the Fool's point of view. Very funny.

Also ALice in Wonderland is very good.

I want to read Fool really bad right now. Christopher Moore is an awesome writer, and King Lear is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays. :D

I'll look into Fool. I'll add that to the list too.

What about anymore Romance books? AND NOT TWILIGHT, please.

Jane Austen, who besides being a greater writer of Romance, though not in a different style from the Brontes, is a master of irony. They have to be read quite closely as the irony isn't as apparent as it was 200 years ago. Emma is widely regarded as her best novel.

Back