greenyxi

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Hey there folks, welcome to a brand new let's play! Final Fantasy 10 is the last truly amazing FF game to be released, so I'm extremely excited to bring this to you :). I've put so much effort into just the first episode and opening and I'm gonna try over and over until I can make each episode as great as I possibly can. This is too great of a game to not put effort into :s.

Here's something I made the other day. It's actually an unboxing, but it has the unveiling of the LP, so I thought I'd place it right here in case anyone wants to see that:

Anyways! FF10 was made by Squaresoft for the PS2 and remastered for PS3, Vita and PS4 by Square Enix (now with a patch to remove the renowned PS4 bugs!). This let's play will be played via the PS4 :).

FF10 is a JRPG with a load of the classical stuff that you'd expect from the genre: random encounters, turn-based battles, a stunning soundtrack (hell, two of them in this version!), an unforgettable story (I could never sell this story well via summary...nor could I avoid spoiling anything; it's all in the journey and viewing) and an array of colourful characters both in and out of your party ;).

Thanks so much for watching! Of course, none of this game was made by me in any way, shape or form. All that's mine in this series is the gameplay, commentary, recording and editing :). I hope so much that you enjoy what's coming...I'd be gutted if my efforts went to waste and nobody liked any of it.

Oh! Here's the opening too lmao. I nearly forgot that, even though it took me a fair while to get all the settings (hopefully) right for it :wacky:
P.S. Make sure to give me feedback if you notice anything glaringly wrong! I'll be recording live (as opposed to bulk recording), so I'll hopefully be able to sort those problems out by the next episode (or at least the one after that). Thanks again! I hope to see you soon! :)

EDIT:
The plap is intentional. The plap is always intentional :monocle:.

Last edited:
Episode 1 - A City Destroyed

https://youtu.be/FKXDiJkxbBE

Welcome to Zanarkand! We're kicking things off in one of the most stunning cities of any game; I love cities at night so this is perfect. That part where Auron (I think it's Auron?) is commentating while Tidus runs with the orange and starry skyline is absolutely stunning.

Also, meet Tidus! He's much hated by the FF community but I think he's absolutely great. Cheerful even in all this chaos...sorta like Zidane I guess?

Wow, a boss in the first episode lmao. Well, let's check out a strategy for this pretty simple fight:

-----------------------------------------------------

Sinspawn Ammes:

- Just keep attacking.
- Don't bother using potions. His attacks can never kill you.
- Don't bother with Auron's power break. Its attack power isn't based on strength, but on percentage-based gravity damage.
- That's it!

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for watching and joining me for Tidus' story! What do you reckon will happen to Tidus next? What's this dank new place all about? What was that huge monster? What has happened to Zanarkand? Some of these questions will be answered next time ha! ;)

P.S. Anything wrong with the vid? The sound is my main concern...is it too loud? Which parts? Once I get it all sorted, it'll make things so much easier lol :s.

Game audio is slightly loud but it's not uncomfortable.

And 'Let's Plap FFX'? ;)

Super minor stuff though, nice start :)

Game audio is slightly loud but it's not uncomfortable.

And 'Let's Plap FFX'? ;)

Super minor stuff though, nice start :)

Thank you so much sir! The let's plap thing was a typo at first, but the SB kinda hit and I left it alone. It's all for the plap. I wasn't sure about the audio lol...now that I listen back, you're probably right. I find all the technical stuff so difficult. I think ep 2 should be a bit better, hopefully.

Yeah, it's always hard to know how the audio sounds when you're doing something live. Balancing audio is my least favorite thing about streaming :P

Yeah, it's always hard to know how the audio sounds when you're doing something live. Balancing audio is my least favorite thing about streaming :P

I probably could have worded it better, but it's not live as in streamed. I meant that it's live as in one episode going up at a time, without bulk recording. Live feedback and solutions, I guess would have been better. It is hard with that kinda stuff though :s.

Episode 2 - Into The Freezer

https://youtu.be/NWtowyK7oO4

Hey there peoples, here comes the Submerged Ruins! Tidus isn't having the easiest of times and this place really doesn't help! He gets pecked at by the local flounder, chomped on by the local mafia boss fish, tortured by intense loneliness, frozen like he's in a freezer and starved to death by...y'know, his stomach. Luckily, he is saved by the local sea pirates and put to work as a hostage! Yay! This ??? girl doesn't seem too bad though...right?

------------------------------------------------

Klikk Strategy:

- With Tidus, just attack repeatedly. Use a potion if you need to. Eventually, you'll gain someone useful...
- Use ???? for potions when they reach yellow HP.
- Use ???? for stealing and using grenades. These are by far her most powerful combo of moves right now.

------------------------------------------------

Thanks for watching! We'll do whatever they ask us ever so politely to do next episode! Thank yooooou! :)

I wanted to put this in here somewhere but couldn't find a natural place lmao: Tidus is starving and hungry and needs foooood. Maybe we can feed him a Klikk? ;).

...that's lost the amazing humour and timing now. Boooo :grumpy:.

Episode 3 - Welcome To Rapture!

https://youtu.be/C6QISo-m68o

Hey there folks! Welcome to the world of tomorrow! Fancy a new nose? The perfect smile? A slimmer figure? A faster walk? Then join us in Rapture where we can make all your dreams come true! One injection at a time. (Minor surgery may be required at a slightly increased cost :monocle:).

You may want to watch out for the creatures lurking down in the world of tomorrow though...

--------------------------------------------------------

Troy Strategy:

- Use trigger commands whenever possible. Pincer is the best, to avoid his charge attack.
- Use grenades with ???? as much as possible. Run out? Then just steal another ;).
- Heal whenever your HP turns yellow (maybe just before).
- Use Tidus' overdrive if you get the chance.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for watching! With this stunning little city on the seabed taken care of (the underwater ruins *cough*), we'll be checking out where the game really begins next time! See you in a bit :).

Episode 4 - Sunshine And Clear Waters

https://youtu.be/iXnHzf2H6UM

Hey there folks, welcome to Besaid! I love the stark contrast this island has from everything we've seen before! The music, the scenery, the new characters, the tiny village...everything is just so peaceful and relaxing that it's one of my favourite ever FF places in the worldiverse :).

We also get to meet Wakka, a colourful individual who seems to be both a father figure for Tidus (in a protective sort of way) along with a great mate. More on that later!

There's not a whole lot else to say about this part, considering it's the first episode without a boss or anything, so I'll leave it to you to check out :). Thank you so much for watching! See you in a bit :).

Episode 5 - Stay Away From The Summoner!

https://youtu.be/XYl_XYlMPBI

Hey there peoples, here comes Besaid's cloister of trials! In order for the summoner to obtain her first aeon and start her pilgrimage, there are puzzles to be beat! There's also a secret treasure that's pretty darn important for something amazing later on. You'll want to get this now or you'll have a tough time later (can you get it later?).

Finally, we see just how our new party members get along with each other. Lulu is especially fiery, suiting her class so well :D.

Thanks for watching! More of Lulu's boobs and bad mood swings next time! Oh and Valefor. Can't forget about Valefor :s.

Episode 6 - Come Back Suitcase!

https://youtu.be/XGUzLvpImA8

Hello guys. Today I would like to talk to you about the loss of a great character. One that could have added so much life and volume to the party. This character is the great and mighty Suitcase. Filled with all the secrets that Yuna holds: knives, guns, hair straighteners, killer moogles. Things that we shall never see. RIP Suitcase. We hardly knew ye.

Y'know, there's also the whole of the Besaid trail with all the tutorials and stuff for the new characters, but who can even feign interest when Suitcase has gone. I don't know if I even want to continue now without Suitcase alongside us.

I almost forgot to tell you that we are now on board the S.S. Liki ready for the next episode. Maybe I'll have calmed down a bit by then. Absorbed the emotions, y'know? Well, thanks for watching I guess. I'll just go grab a jar of Nutella and see you around. I suppose.

P.S.
We do a tiny little sidequest that teaches Valefor a new overdrive too (already). It's full of spit. So much spit. I bet Suitcase was never full of so much spit.

Episode 7 - Guiding Kilikan Souls

https://youtu.be/FchhbA1GVIQ

Hey there folks, it's time for a bit of a sad episode. The cinematics you'll see here are some of my favourites from the game because of the impact they have. It's all so well put together :s.

Anyways, this episode has the whole of the S.S. Liki (including a boss or two) and we check out Kilika Village:

--------------------------------------------------

Sin Strategy:

- Kill off two of the midgets that come with him. Keep the third alive to prevent respawns.
- Use distant attacks to hit sin. Wakka's attack, Lulu's magic, Kimahri's lancet.
- That's about it really. Heal when you need to with Yuna.

Sinspawn Echuilles Strategy:

- Dark attack with Wakka! This will help a whoooole lot ;).
- Otherwise stick with physical attacks and potions.
- Use dark attack again if the darkness runs out.

Thanks for watching! I'll leave you to enjoy the sending of all the lost souls. See you in a bit for the Kilika Woods!

P.S.
Be on the lookout for a bonus episode showing something in the woods. I forgot to record it and had to try out the PS4 video upload system :).

Episode 8 - Evil Forest

https://youtu.be/jODYgQRRTew

Welcome all to the Evil Forest! After such a harsh crash landing (damn you Brahne!), it's time for us to take Vivi and Steiner and try to find Garnet! We need to get out of here...

Check out the moogles in the stumps, the rose petal-like enemies on the left, the petrifying trees on the right and the spikey vines coming from directly behind! There's also some sort of creature here too...

----------------------------------------------

Sinspawn Geneaux Strategy:

- Case haste on Lulu right away, if you have it.
- Cast Fire with Lulu every turn. It'll do so much damage :D.
- Kill off the tentacles first. They're weak as hell, but can start being a hindrance if left alone.
- Before the main guy transforms, use Kimahri to attack him. Some of Kimahri's weapons have piercing effects, which hits through armoured enemies.
- Once he's open, go all out with your most powerful hitters!
- Use Esuna to remove poison and heal when necessary.

----------------------------------------------

Thanks for watching! We'll head into the Ice Cavern next time and hope that it's all as sparkly and innocent as it first seems... :)

Episode 9 - A Temple Ablaze

https://youtu.be/lzCzdegbytc

Hey peoples, let's take on the Kilika Temple, shall we? ;). The flames around this temple are amazingly atmospheric and the cloister of trials is still simple enough, with not too many options of ways to go. That flashy symbol on the floor is the most weird thing about it really. We also get the secret item for Kimahri, which is pretty bloody amazing :D.

Finally, we board the S.S. Winno and start our journey over to Luca, but more on that later ;).

Thanks for watching! See you next time aboard the S.S. Winno! :)

Episode 10 - Introducing A Guado

https://youtu.be/vXZdr3km05A

Heed Maester Seymour! The new representative of the guado! He's an interesting looking chap but meh. He doesn't seem to have done anything to ascend...his father just died and here he is. Maybe he'll prove me wrong and actually be great? ;)

Otherwise, we made it to Luca guys! The tournament is about to begin and god damn it, we aren't gonna lose! It's time for the Besaid Aurochs to beat the crap out of the Luca Goers! More on that some other episode though. For now we just explore a bit and check out the city and docks.

Thanks for watching! We'll see if Auron really is in the cafe next time! I sure hope there won't be any big trouble...especially with Yuna being ever so suspicious and hoping she doesn't get separated :gasp2:.

Episode 11 - Oblitzerating The Competition!

https://youtu.be/BLm91E0QepA

Hey peoples, it's time for the blitzball tournament to begin! For this episode though, that's all cinematic as we have something more important to do: save Yuna!

-------------------------------------------------

Oblitzerator Strategy:

- Cast thunder on the crane 3 times
- Use trigger with Tidus
- Attack one or two more times and you're done! Piece of cake ;)

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for watching! We'll actually have a go at this blitzball lark next time and see if we can beat those dastardly Luca Goers! :lew:

P.S.
Those Al bhed are evil! Evil I tells ya! :gasp2:

Episode 12 - To Do Our Best!

https://youtu.be/gQC2t85bAY0

Well, we can only try our best, right? It's all about the taking part and having fun, right? Sure sure.

LET'S WIN!!!

I'll leave the result as a spoiler-free zone! It's a tough match though...

There's also a brilliant cinematic where Seymour saves the butts of so many people in Luca and introduces Anima, his aeon! Such an incredible summon! I wish we had her :(.

Don't cry Anima :(. Blitzball isn't THAT dull...

Finally, we now have a new party member! Auron is gonna be our slow but deadly knight/warrior! He starts off decent enough, but as you go on he just becomes incredible! The only downside is that during endgame (dark aeons etc), he doesn't have an overdrive that can do as much damage as Tidus and Wakka. Still, if you aren't going to do endgame stuff, then this really doesn't matter. Enjoy your new, miserable party member who only laughs at things that no one else finds funny! ;)

Thanks for watching! See you next time when we finally wrap up Luca and check out a brand new area :D.

Episode 13 ~Laugh Along Everyone~

https://youtu.be/qsFMumaonjU

Hey there folks, it seems that we're over and done with the great city of Luca! We won't be seeing anywhere as grand as that location (for reasons that make perfect sense within the story), unless you count Zanarkand?

Of course, before we actually step foot out of here, we need to experience the laughing scene between Yuna and Tidus! I personally love this scene. It's cringe-worthy, but that's the whole point! They're supposed to be embarrassing themselves with no sense of shame; letting all of their dignity go to make themselves (well, mainly Tidus) feel better about their situation. I really think it's a heartwarming scene :s.

Anyways, we finally make a start on the next location: Mi'ihen Highroad! This place is absolutely stunning to me; I'd love to have a cabin on the side of the road somewhere here...though a lake would be nice too. Ah, we can dream!

We get to meet a tonne of characters as they take the same path as us. We even get to meet an ex-summoner and see that not all summoners make it to the end of the pilgrimage. I wonder what happened there?

Thanks so much for watching! We'll finish up this path next time around and see that not all life in the country is peaceful ;).

P.S.
Yep, such a long episode. I really wanted to provide a longer vid this time around due to my lack of uploading the LP the last couple of days. Please enjoy :).

Episode 14 - Spitting Feathers

https://youtu.be/ZJamik2LHHo

Hey there folks, it's time for us to deal with the rest of the Mi'ihen Highroad! There's a great threat to the path that's killing our innocent bocos :'( :

-----------------------------------------

Chocobo Eater Strategy:

- Cast haste on Lulu and your strongest fighters.
- Cast fire/fira with Lulu every turn.
- Use your most powerful moves every turn. You could find a hidden way to beat this guy if you do...
- Watch you don't get pushed over the edge. You won't be having any AP if you do, even if it does mean you've technically beaten the boss!

-----------------------------------------

With him down, we also get to ride a chocobo! It's not very often you get to hear this snazzy jingle (lmao I had to say that), so take your opportunity to do so ha! You'll lose out on wild battles and AP, but you swap that for some great hidden items! I just can't say no...

Finally, we grab ourselves a mars crest down on the old road and keep it in our pockets for later. Or...behind a belt or something.

Thanks for watching! We'll be seeing more of Seymour as we go on, and that's fine by me. He's a swell guy :).

Back