Serious Learning a new language?

Cardinal Copia

Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Prenneaux Grauhemoix
FFXIV Server
Lamia
So, I wasn't entirely sure on exactly where to post this, so I apologize if it's in the wrong section.
For the longest time I've wanted to buy a program called 'Rosetta Stone' and learn a new language. The language I've wanted to try and learn is Japanese because I REALLY want to try and fly there next year. It's always been a dream of mine.

Have any of you used this program before? If so, is the program worth buying? I'm asking because it's quite pricey(I know its cheap compared to a flight, but you get my drift) and definitely wasn't cheap last time I looked.

Thanks so much!
:)

I always wanted to learn a second language. I guess it's just one of those things that have kinda slipped on by. I wouldn't even know where to begin!

I don't think I've heard of that program before. Did you end up trying it out? The price doesn't seem too bad if it actually works hmmmm

I've used Rosetta Stone briefly a long time ago. I can't really give an accurate review since it was a while ago. I currently use Duolingo to study Japanese and Spanish. I think the lessons are easy to follow and they're also pretty quick. It's also free.

I’ve tried lots of language programs/softwares and books etc etc, I don’t think it’s worth spending that much money on them tbh :hmmm:

best way I’ve found to learn a language is to learn the basics through videos (YouTube has a bunch of them) and start writing notes, and the rest is through media (movies, tv shows, music), at least that’s what worked with me :P

also duolingo is an amazing app and it’s completey free just saying 😎

Back