Kuja's Gender

I mean, seriously, he was wearing a freaking bikini?! Or at least something that looked eerily similar to that.

Kuja isn't wearing a bikini. That's a crotch-protector. :P

I played Dissidia before the original game, so I always knew he was a male... but... he may be an 'it'. He's called an 'Angel of Death'. Angels are supposed to be asexual or genderless, which could perfectly explain his femenine features... but I refuse to fully believe my own theory. He CAN'T be genderless. That's just wrong... he suffers yaoi-abuse from me.

I first played FFIX when I was about 8 years old and never regarded Kuja as a girl. I even found him very manly. LOL He's always been my favorite FFIX character. I used to be scandalized whenever people mistook him for a woman, but now it's not such a great deal to me anymore. But I still think his face is rather manly.

But then I was always sure and I still am sure that Sorceress Adel is a woman, even with her broad manly chest and her overwhelming abs which make me cower in fear.

Why is this even worth discussing? He's just an androgynous male. That's it.
He ain't transgendered, a woman, or nothin'. Just a guy with an effeminate appearance.

Why is this even worth discussing? He's just an androgynous male. That's it.
He ain't transgendered, a woman, or nothin'. Just a guy with an effeminate appearance.

Perhaps people are just curious to why the character was designed that way or maybe they have some theories about the character's origins. I mean, why is anything worth discussing?

When I first heard the name Kuja, I thought it was a dude. I was right I guess. However, seeing him in the FMV in Burmecia kind of puzzled me with that feminine body. Afterwards, I thought nothing of it. Just another bad guy to defeat, although quite an interesting one from all of the games I've played.

well, yeah, Kuja is a dude. I really didn't think that he's a gurl o_O
about his costume... well, it fits him for someone who likes... elegant looks? :P

I questioned it the first time around, when I was about eleven. But as I play it now I don't. A lot of people complain that Kuja was a cut and paste of every villain in the Final Fantasy series, but I disagree. He had depth, and was obviously well read. He spoke poetically, and was just enjoyable to watch. He wasn't the traditional "take over the world just to take over the world" type, he had a focus. He wasn't very melodramatic either. He kept an eccentric poise throughout the game, and I found him interesting.

The most disturbing thing about Kuja... :argor

Where does he hide his tail?

I don't see a bulge in his pants or outline to suggest its existence... and there isn't much area to hide something that large... :ohshit:

I don't see a bulge in his pants or outline to suggest its existence... and there isn't much area to hide something that large... :ohshit:

He doesn't have a tail, he cut it off so he wouldn't transform on the full moon. :ohshit:

I thought Kuja was a boy from day one. He moves like a guy, who likes to dress in a more elegant way than your average guy. I think he dresses neat, it's not cross dressing, think you got him confused with "macho" bathtub toy Cloud. :ohshit:

defo a man.... i checked one day :kinky:

on a serious note my problem with him was that he voice actor he was given in dissidia made him sound like a girl which was like what the he a man why does he sound like a girl....

he dresses a bit funny but that what makes kuja kuja i guess :grin:

knew he was guy, and thought he looked like a guy though he had terrible dress sense which led me to rise the question to whether he was gay. Obviously, it must've been the creator of him and Zidane that decided to make them both entirely different, but then Kuja went and became red haired and showed it off. Question answered, he's a narcissist.

I can't actually remember. I'm pretty sure I knew he was a boy. Don't remember being shocked about it so I must have known he was a boy from the start.

Xx..xX

remember he is an expert in all kinds of magic, so he is most likely using a spell to hinder it from being seen.

Always knew he was a guy, he looked like a guy, talked like a guy and everything about him screamed MALE lol. Not sure how anyone could mistake him for female.

As for hiding his tail, it actually explains it when you're talking to Garland in Pandemonium, Zidane mentions Kuja doesn't have a tail and Garland says something about him using magic to hide it.

Back