did you like kuja

• yes

Votes: 54 72.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • not bothered about him

Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters
Kuja wins, hands down. I don't think he wasn't as memorable in the FF universe, I just believe IX itself wasn't touched upon by so many people that he was overlooked because of their lack of IX interest.

Kuja reminds me of Rociel/Rosiel from Angel Sanctuary. Both beautiful, androgenes, incredibly intelligent, and both eventually become increasingly more unstable as time progresses throughout the journey. He gets an A+ in my book, and beats the crap out of nearly every other FF villian. ;)

Plus he has a purple thong, which is amazing. Who here knows a man that is secure enough and confident enough to parade around in a purple thong?

kuja was extremely cool, my first impression was not so good, but by the end i thought he was awesome.- no sephiroth though(sephiroth was just swimmmin in style) but still fairly good, i think kefka was the crappest

I thought Kuja was a great villian. I see that many people were freaked out by the fact that he wears a thong. It never really phazed me. But that was probably from being in Color Guard and most of the guys on our team would wear them.

Kuja was awesome. He started an entire world war and manipulated almost an entire continent. I always thought Sephiroth was overrated. The only thing he really accomplished was destroying a town, killing people in the shinra building, and stabbing a girl in the back. Yeah he summoned meteor, but Aeris took care of that.

Your opinion on him. I personally see him as one of the best villains in all of videogaming.
I have to agree with you here. I've fallen in love with almost every FF game I've played, some more than others, but FFIX ranks right up there as my second favorite of the series. Kuja is one of the main reasons I love it.

He's got amazing backstory with Zidane, Garland, heck, even Necron has a backstory if you pick up the references to him early on in the game. However, Kuja is the ultimate villain in the game because ofhis close ties to the main character, his thriving for power coiled in decpetion and his destructive nature on both Gaia, and his destroying of Terra.

Kuja was umm...well, let's just say that he's too weird for me. Good villain though. But I wouldn't say one of the best villains out there. I'd still hand the trophy to Sephiroth.

Kuja was a great villain. He wanted to be independent from Garland throughout the course of the game, and it was great to finally see him be free in the end of the game. ^_^

What did you think about the games main Villian Kuja ?

Did you think that was a prefect Villian, or he didn't live up to standard ?

Do you think that his main goals were evil enough or he was just weak ?

What did you think about his clothes ? Do you think that they are nice, sexy, unique or just plain awful ?

What do you think about his main theme songs ? Did you like them, or did they drive you so insane that you wanted to throw a shoe at the screen ?

Do you think that Kuja shouldn't of been the main badguy, and that Garland and Necorn should of had more or a bigger part in the game ?

Kuja was a good enough Villain throughout the game. He starts off as mysterious, and the kign of person you're not sure about but you just don't trust. The story weave's itself slowly into Kuja becoming the main protagonist. The problem was many thought (like one of my friends) he was trying to be like sephiroth and they immeadiately disliked him.

I think since VII wasn't the game that got me hooked I didn't make these compaisons and could appreciate IX for what it was. Maybe that had something to do with replying it recently at an older age!

His clothing fitted with the game so there's no issue with that. And having a silver dragon to do your bidding is pretty flair!

Kuja's awesome. He even managed to
one-shot the whole party with Ultima.
:monster:

Plus, he was unique in the way that instead of acting all insane and crazy, he had a certain elegance about him. He was rather poetic too.

Last edited:
Kuja is my top fave FF Vilain ( next to Kefka ) i don't see him as a Sephiroth clone unlike the swordsman, Kuja has more motive explaning his goal.

And in the end unlike Sephiroth, Kuja knows his mistake and even regret it his character devlopment is just amazing,

I didn't feel like he was that big of a vilain.He was a little hard on his trance mode but that's all.I expected him more strong.Plus with that appearance at first I mistook him for a girl and I didn't get too attached with his past.I'll say he was undeveloped at some points and lacked depth and motive for wanting to destroy the world.They should have made him appear more often and cause more problems for the main characters.

I didn't feel like he was that big of a vilain.He was a little hard on his trance mode but that's all.I expected him more strong.Plus with that appearance at first I mistook him for a girl and I didn't get too attached with his past.I'll say he was undeveloped at some points and lacked depth and motive for wanting to destroy the world.They should have made him appear more often and cause more problems for the main characters.

He appears plenty of times in the game - Burmecia, Iifa Tree, Desert Palace, Esto Gaza, Pandemonium, Memoria - he knidnaps characters, takes them prisoner, casts bloody Ultima on them, how can you say he doesn't turn up that much? As for his motives, they're pretty well explained by Garland and Kuja himself - he essentially wants to destroy the world as he can't handle his own mortality.

He appears plenty of times in the game - Burmecia, Iifa Tree, Desert Palace, Esto Gaza, Pandemonium, Memoria - he knidnaps characters, takes them prisoner, casts bloody Ultima on them, how can you say he doesn't turn up that much? As for his motives, they're pretty well explained by Garland and Kuja himself - he essentially wants to destroy the world as he can't handle his own mortality.
Yeah, I agree with you there. Kuja was just one of those badguys who terrified you BECAUSE he wasn't constantly around. Heck, he really didn't have to appear all the time because he'd just convince some people to do some truly diabolical stuff for him. That and he pulled off wearing girl's lingire. He's the most frightening crossdressing villain in a videogame (and was that...lipstick?). He was much more impressive to me than any of the other FF villains because he actually had a cool, calculating logic to him. Although him and sephiroth have certain similarities (Can't deal with their past, made in a lab, look like chicks, long white hair, a penchant for overpowered attacks, and some sort of gay sato-masochistic infatuation with the protagonist), both villains have completely different styles. Although, after listening to a couple of their theme songs, sephy and kuja's themes are pretty much creepier than words can describe. I love it. But the main difference is, which I like the most, is that kuja did what he did because he didn't want to be human. Sephiroth? He did it because he WANTED to be human but thinks he's not already. All in all, kuja is just a better bad guy. He used his intelligence, wore a thong, and was WAY more poetic than Genesis from Crisis Core. (At least Kuja's poetry MAKES sense.) Oh, and clones are overrated. (Yes sephiroth, your copies are getting annoying. When can I fight YOU?)

I like Kuja a bit but when I just started playing the game and seen him I was like wow its a boy with hips I mean he looks like a GIRL and I thought he was a girl until later and found out he was a boy.I mean most boys in FF look like girls but right off the bat I could tell they were boys but Kuja NOPE.

Kuja looked like a girl or rather effeminate because he was narcisstic and always strived to look beautifull which is actually quite common among people like that. It didn't mean he was gay or a some sort of transgender or even a crossdresser. He just had to look the BEST and he had to be the BEST.

I liked him because he made an interesting villian who had a much better motive than Sephiroth and I also felt that he wasn't actually evil, just misguided. It was interesting to see what he did to overcome the obstacles that were in front of him by Garland. He was also more powerfull than Sephiroth.

Back