Kingdom Hearts: Love It Or Hate It?

I like Kingdom Hearts! It gave me a sense of nostalgia when I am able to see my favorite Disney characters in a game. And, yeah, the singing in Atlantica made me want to dive bomb from a cliff. It was like torture.

I'm not a huge fan of it, but I really love the storyline. I just wish Goofy would quit screaming "HAAALP!!" during battle. It's distracting.

I love the series. The story is so well done, and it actually did something that a lot of people would never have thought of, and it not only brings back your favorite Square characters, but brings back the characters we all loved as children and still might love today (now all we need is who framed roger rabbit, than we'll be set) but back to the subject in hand, the game play is great, the graphics are amazing, and the characters are actually really well done (never tick off mickey)

What is there to hate ?
I think kingdom hearts is an awesome game series.
its mixed action, entertainment and cutenesss.
and i love donald hahahha, hes adorable.
i had alot of fun playing kingdom hearts..
i mean.. kingdom hearts wouldnt be kingdom hearts without the disney characters..

Yeah...my response is pretty self-explanatory, ain't it? XD

But as to why, it was one of the first RPG's I really got into as a kid. I loved playing through Sora's adventure, and going back to the first game is quite nostalgic for me.
Hell, I even had the guide book for I and II (Yes, for II as well. I realize now that I seriously didn't need that one XD).
And HELL, my enjoyment in this series went so far as to coax me into buying a replica Kingdom Key from a recent anime convention...yeah, I'm weird like that. XD

One of my favorite series, though Kingdom Hearts II is a serious downgrade from Kingdom Hearts I, in my opinion.

Regardless of whether or not Disney and Final Fantasy fit together well, Kingdom Hearts is still an excellent game with a good story and addicting gameplay. Personally, I believe the developing team did a terrific job of combining two VERY different groups of characters into a single game. Even if you didn't particular love the pairing, you'd probably have a hard time arguing that it wasn't done as well as it possibly could have. Kingdom Hearts could have easily been a disaster, but it ended up being a huge release and best seller.

Kingdom Hearts is,and will always be, my favourite game of ALL TIME.
well KHI anyways, I loved II as well but I fell they took away alot of the strategy that one had. I barely ever used magic in II, but it is still as epic as I hoped it would be, haha.

The reason Kingdom Hearts is so great is that they had a really good battle system going on, its a battle system that is pretty much like any I've ever played before (with different maneuvers, magic, areal attacks, yet still retaining old RPG levels, magic, and command screens)

And the story was really good too! seriously, just take out all the disney sub plots and look at the main story and it is really good. plus I liked the characters (original characters, like Sora, Riku, Kairi, Axel, and etc.)

plus the graphics were really good as well!

overall, it is just a really good game.

Guys, please remember that this is a post count section. Try and put a little bit of effort into your posts. Tell us why you like or dislike the series. Thanks. :)

Omg, I love KH series! :P
I think it may be even better then FF series hah x)
Can't wait till BBS ;D
Best game ever!!!

I played the first one and had a bit of trouble sticking with it. The FF characters were alright and what not but the Disney characters made it feel like a child's game. Now I heard the later KH games were a little better in terms of seriousness. Just my opinion. :gasp:

I don't like the KH series as a whole but the first game is for sure on my list of favourites. It reminded me of old school dark disney stuff. The game play was fun, the characters were loveable, and the story was disney styles of simple but enjoyable.

Actually, if you took out the FF characters but kept the FF themes like the magic attacks I probably would have still really loved it. :)

i love kingdom hearts :) didnt really like 1 or com but 2 was fantastic, three reasons

1. sora looked a lot better in 2

2. i loved the drives :) if you were stuck on in a sticky situation, then boom form time :) limts were good as well

3. more ff characters :) vivi and yrp were good characters to put in it :)

I absolutely despised these games. Traveling was repetitive and annoying... and it just didn't do the FF characters justice. They stuck out like sore thumbs to me amongst the glassy eyed Disney characters. Ugh.

I love KH, it's a mix of my favorite things to watch when I was a kid. Disney movies and my brother playing FF VII and FF VIII! I also love the battle system. KH is what actually got me to play the FF games myself, mainly because I thought Leon was awesome. I loved the characters and the story, too! And that the theme was more about friendship than love.

love KH, why? Its got a epicly good and decent length story and i love donald mickey and goofy =)

Kingdom Hearts is a fun alternate universe that uses FF and Disney characters. I have no problem with these characters mixing. I don't see the story cannon with either Disney or Final Fantasy. I just fun. So I would say that I do like Kingdom Hearts.

Kingdom Hearts actually turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought it would be initially, I first heard of it from a friend who basically said "It has Disney and FF in it!".
I think one of the things I like most about it is the fact that i've not seen many Disney movies, so it kinda gave me a little insight to the characters and such.

Great game, although Expert mode is a right bitch at times. (Looking at you, maleficent -__-)

Kingdom Hearts is one of my favourite video game series' of all time. Each game in the series is a masterpiece in my eyes and does everything that an Action RPG should do right, and then some.

The true value of Kingdom Hearts lies not with the Disney or Final Fantasy content, but with the original content that the series does so well. Though that said, Kingdom Hearts wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts without it's Disney or Final Fantasy roots.

Though, that's not that the series is flawless. One major gripe I have with the series is at the same time one of my favourite things about the series - that is, the Disney content. I feel that Disney's involvement with the title limits the amount of darkness that can be initially portrayed in the storyline, though I feel Birth by Sleep does quite well on this, as the source materials for the Disney worlds are, in general, darker than most of the previous worlds' source materials, which allows for a much darker storyline, and it's a good thing considering how dark BbS' storyline is when you sit back and take it all in.

Back