Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
Has anyone played this DLC yet? If so, what are your thoughts about it? Do you recommend it?

Despite some significant flaws I enjoyed the base game of Kingdom Hearts 3, so I would like to play the DLC at some point in the near future. My hurdle is my gaming backlog and I'm trying to suss out whether I should prioritise this.

I'm waiting for a price drop. I find with S-E's DLC it usually goes 1/2 price within 3-4 months & I can't justify £24.99 for DLC content.

But the problem with DLC that crams in story related content in-between the experience, I have no desire to go back to it. Had the story content been set post-game I'd have more of reasonable point to jump in as I have beaten the standard Edition Story Mode already. But to really experience this DLC I would have to re-play the entire game to get to that point in the story to where I have the build up t appreciate the story content to its fullest. I can't just jump into the moment 80%through the game and still feel in the moment, as I have already past that experience - This is the problem I had with Final Fantasy XV's DLC & most story related DLC to be fair.

So I will be waiting, either for a heavy sale reduction or a KINGDOM HEARTS III Final Mix Edition.

I had it preordered (only because I wanted the PS4 theme haha) and personally, I really enjoyed it.

I won't go into any detail as the whole ReMind DLC is spoiler-heavy; you do get to explore a new area, expands a little / adds new scenes onto certain points of the story and introduces a whole new major chapter. My only gripe with it really is there's too much of the Keyblade Graveyard battle that is already in the main game - albeit, you do get to choose which character you want to fight with now, rather than being stuck with Sora.

There's also the new 'data greeting' mode which allows you to create photos using given areas, characters and items / effects. It is actually a lot more in depth than I expected it to be, so I'll probably have a a dabble myself at some point. There is the the 'limit cut' episode too which doesn't expand on the main storyline, but is comfortably the hardest bosses across the whole franchise - if you make it to the end though, you get to watch the new Final Fantasy Versus XIII Kingdom Hearts secret-secret ending. I've not beaten all the bosses myself yet, but I've already seen the secret ending so I'll jump back into it, once I've got the other titles out of the way.

Unless you have a deep urge to play the ReMind DLC, I'd hold off for a couple of months. Kingdom Hearts 3 dropped quite quickly in price so I suspect the DLC price will too - especially as Square Enix also do their own sales.

Back