Just finished Maxing for the first time

Rodgerwilco

Gil
FFXIV
N/A
DC465206-7E63-4DA9-BE6D-307DC84858B9.jpeg

So, I just finished maxing stats for every Character on FFX for the first time ever. I've played this game many many times but never really worked to get this far into the uber-end game.

Using a few guides on gamefaqs to find out the numbers I needed and to fully understand how the stats worked, I started by maxing Luck, Agility, Strength, Defense for Tidus, Wakka, and (mostly) Auron. I then used this squad mostly to grind out the necessary monster Arena bosses to get the necessary Attribute nodes to complete maxing the sphere grid.

I then proceeded to remove all of the Accuracy nodes and all unnecessary Evasion nodes, as well as removing Agility nodes (255 Luck replaces Accuracy and Evasion after +35). I removed all non +4 nodes and replaced them with +4 attribute spheres. I replaced all left-over spheres with HP and MP to maximize this for everyone. I sacrificed Magic to get this done.

I found this process to actually be somewhat fun and I may consider making a guide on my processes now that I have mostly perfected my strategies and feel like I did this in a pretty efficient way once I had it nailed down.

Last edited:
Wow!

I've never persevered long enough on that game to get anywhere close to this. Nor would I know how best to do it. Your method seems intriguing.
It's probably something that I'll never get around to doing, but I'm glad you did, and many others could benefit from your tips.

Congrats!

EDIT:
Also, welcome to the forum! :argor:

Congrats! I've only known one person to ever do this :lew: I can't imagine the amount of time, focus & energy needed to actually do this! I see your game timer, but how long do you think it took you in real time to do this approximately from when you sat down and dedicated your time to doing it?

Anyway, yeah, super congrats! Must have taken forever! Oh, and welcome to the forums! I hope you find time to post around some, there's some other people who enjoyed FFX, but I'm not sure if it was to this extend :P

Wow!

I've never persevered long enough on that game to get anywhere close to this. Nor would I know how best to do it. Your method seems intriguing.
It's probably something that I'll never get around to doing, but I'm glad you did, and many others could benefit from your tips.

Congrats!

EDIT:
Also, welcome to the forum! :argor:
Thank you! It was pretty intriguing to really take a deep dive on one of my favorite games. I never went this far before. I’m thinking of making some short guides on how to do some of the more tedious tasks with better efficiency.

Congrats! I've only known one person to ever do this :lew: I can't imagine the amount of time, focus & energy needed to actually do this! I see your game timer, but how long do you think it took you in real time to do this approximately from when you sat down and dedicated your time to doing it?

Anyway, yeah, super congrats! Must have taken forever! Oh, and welcome to the forums! I hope you find time to post around some, there's some other people who enjoyed FFX, but I'm not sure if it was to this extend :P
I wouldn’t even be able to hazard a guess to be honest with you. I started the save file back in 2018, and then when I picked it back up Last month I decided to go for max.

I bounced around different tasks to keep from burning out, as well.

Thank you though! I didn’t realize I liked FFX to this extent either, but maxing was fun for me.

Thank you! It was pretty intriguing to really take a deep dive on one of my favorite games. I never went this far before. I’m thinking of making some short guides on how to do some of the more tedious tasks with better efficiency.
If you'd enjoy making a guide like that and don't burn yourself out after doing all of this, then I think several people would benefit from that!

Back