Help Job Combination

Drane

Gil
Hi,
I just gained the power of the water crystal and I want to know what Job combination is the best (or very good :D)

I've got :
Luneth -> Monk
Arc -> Black Mage
Refia -> Red Mage
Ingus -> Knight

I definetely want to change Refia's Job but i don't know which Job i should choose.
And what about the other characters? Should they keep their Jobs or should i change them?

Well, for Refia I'd suggest White Mage. When you get the chance, change her to Devout. Everyone else is fine for now, you'll know what to change the jobs to when you get them, trust me.

Okay thanks,
But i don't really need a white mage...
Healing my party is not very important 'cause i always try to have 99x Potions and Hi-Potions
And I don't have good armors for mages...

That's what I had, but I'm not terribly sure you should have a huge amount of potions at that stage. You could always save the money for better equipment, or farm it, like I did. For that job combo, I think I got at that stage: Warrior, Scholar/something else, GEOMANCER (it's REALLY handy) and Bard/Knight.

Money is no problem.
I have enough money for equipment and potions.
I decided to make Refia a Dark Knight. It's pretty cool.

Actually, money WAS a problem when I started out at the Floating Continent, well, probably because of my job selection. There are instances wherein you need mages (e.g. Tunnel to Viking Cove and Nepto Temple) so I need to give spells to everybody. So far I had:

Luneth - Fighter -> Knight
Arc - Black Mage (Scholar vs Hein) -> Wizard -> Sage (if it can't equip swords)
Refia - White Mage -> Devout
Ingus - Red Mage -> Sage (probably, if it can equip swords like the RM)

Note that I used their jobs as featured on the DS trailer. I had so much magic that it felt like I could spam lower-level magic all day, saving the higher-level magic vs bosses (except for magic-resistant ones such as Goldor).

Now, as much as some people are crazy about the 2 Ninjas/2 Sages, I won't use any Ninjas because doing so will destroy my game, making it too easy the first time.

Personally, what I hate about FF3, especially at the beginning, is that your party will lack defense because you have to prioritize offense by equipping two weapons instead of a weapon and a shield, just to make things easier.
That was a problem in the NES version because I don't want to over-level like I used to since I found that tactic overrated already. So I played it on the DS first so I can familiarize the game without having to over-level except when I'm in dire need of cash.

I've played FF3 for well over 60+ hours. This is by far the most overall destroying party in the game hands down.

Luneth - Viking
Bard - Arc
Refia - White Mage>Devout/Sage
Ingus - Dark Knight

Viking+Dark Knight+Bard+White Mage>Devout/Sage = Legit Life and Death Machine.

You'll be able to provoke bosses with the Viking, make random encounters a joke with the Dark Knight's Souldeater, heal and buff up your party with the Bard to use Souleater again and heal up the Viking after taking a few hits and the White Mage>Devout/Sage can focus on healing the party when needed and inflict damage too. Incase your viking dies, use the Devout/Sage to Revive him to full HP with Arise!

The best Party in the game that isn't Lvl 99 Onion Knights with Onion Gear and Job lvl 99.

there is no best job combo. especially not in the DS remake because they nerved sage and ninjas which were the ultimate killerjobs in NES times. the idea of the job system is to experiment with jobs for each dungeon, meaning you can / should change often. Change your class when you find new stronger weapons, the game gives you actually hints which class is effective in the next dungeon. You know you got the right job combo if you need no grinding for the next dungeon.
If you try to stick to a pre defined team like in FF1 or try to find the best combo for the whole game you're making the game pretty hard. Thats why people think its a grinder ;)
You can beat the game completely without grinding, below lvl 50.

Back