greenyxi

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Hey all, anyone seen IT? What are your thoughts?

Personally:

I went to see it on Saturday and thought it was absolutely brilliant. The horror/humour divide was perfect; King books and films always need some lightheartedness to them. The effects were great. Pennywise was acted out really well. The music choices were spot on. Most importantly, it stuck to the book for the most part (only small details seemed to be missing). I was expecting to hear "Hi ho Silver awaaaaay" somewhere in there but they skipped it this time around. Note: thank god they skipped the child sex scene. The worst part of possibly my favourite book; it's cringe-worthy.

I've bought the movie edition of the book since my old copy is a bit of a wreck after all these years lol. Be moving onto that after finishing Mr Mercedes (another King book that seems to be up there in quality). By the way, the IT book (that looks weird lmao) is only 4 quid on Amazon at the time of this post if you're interested. Well worth it.

I've been so excited I've been telling everyone to go watch it. I'll do the same here! Go watch IT! :lew:

Now to wait for chapter 2! :gasp:

EDIT: I forgot to mention the actor choices! The kids are so good in this! I love that that one kid from Stranger Things is in it. He did brilliantly as the mouth-runner that annoys everyone :wacky:.

I haven't seen it yet and I want to see it... But I'm too scared. :sad2:

Well, not really. I'd go but I don't know anyone who would go with me. Everyone else is too scared. :sad2:

It does look really good and I have seen a leaked clip of the drain scene and Pennywise is as creepy as ever. It is good to see that he movie reviews have been positive too - not that I ever base my potential viewing of a film on the critics.

I'd go but I don't know anyone who would go with me. Everyone else is too scared. :sad2:

Then just go by yourself. Take it from someone who's done the one person thing her whole life, it's not that bad. I've gone to concerts with people and by myself - by myself was more fun. I haven't gone to the movies in a long time because I can't justify spending the money they charge but if there was something I really wanted to see I'd go by myself, no problem.

I haven't seen it yet and I want to see it... But I'm too scared. :sad2:

Well, not really. I'd go but I don't know anyone who would go with me. Everyone else is too scared. :sad2:

It does look really good and I have seen a leaked clip of the drain scene and Pennywise is as creepy as ever. It is good to see that he movie reviews have been positive too - not that I ever base my potential viewing of a film on the critics.

Genuinely worth going to see! It's really not that scary of a film. It's a film of 2 halves: the horror elements and the heart-warming humour elements. The latter is a lot to do with how the kids interact with each other, despite the fact that they are in the "loser club", which means being bullied etc. If you like the book, then this is the better version, probably objectively. They paid close attention to the book for this one :).

Back