Fusionist

Obnoxious Romantic
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Eldeen Modestine
FFXIV Server
Shiva
Okay, I think I might have messed something up here. After going to the Underworld and going to the sealed cave to protect the last dark crystal in the underworld
and failing that because Golbez overtook Kain again
, I went back to the Overworld and now have the Lunar Whale at my disposal. Currently my party is Cecil, Rosa, Rydia and Edge.

So, uh, what do I do now? Do I go to the moon with my four party members, or is there something else I'm suppose to be doing first? 'Cause I swear I could remember going to Feymarch before getting the Lunar Whale, and I even recall having Kain in the party. I can assume I was mistaken, but I'm still confused about what to do next :ness:

[Moved to LI Help Booth]

Storyline wise, you go to the moon in the Lunar Whale and to the Crystal Palace (massive crystal thing, fly around for a bit and you'll see it.) To get to it, you need to go through a series of caves, I think the entrance of the first one is to the northwest of the palace I seem to remember.

Aside from that you can do a range of things. If you haven't picked up the Asura and Leviathan summons from the Feymarch, I'd suggest you get those, and also Odin from Baron Castle. There's also the Sylph Cave dungeon in the underworld, where you can find
Yang
and get the Sylph summon. You can also pick up Excalibur before you go to the moon by trading the Rat Tail (if you picked it up in the Feymarch) for Adamantine Ore on Mythril island, which can be traded to the smith in southeast underworld for Excalibur.

Well, I believe going to the Feymarch is just to get those optional Eidolons. Asura and Leviathan? Yeah you get them and if I recall you need them to get Bahamut on the moon. So The moon continues the story. I think the Feymarch is optional?

Yup, entirely optional, going to the Crystal Palace is the only bit you 'need' to do. I just think it's well worth having Asura and Leviathan not only because of their own strength, but also because it means you can get Bahamut when you go to the moon, who is Rydia's best summon, and very helpful in the dungeons you do after the Crystal Palace.

Go to the moon and the crystal palace after you have obtained everything you needed, then you get a character called Fusoya, if you fly around the moon for a bit you'll see a cave seperate from the others. Go inside it's called Lair of the father i think, anyway it has bahamut in and it's easier to do with fusoya because he and rosa need to cast reflect on the party and have cecil and edge attacking and Rydia possibly using flare. After you have obtained Bahamut return to earth via the crystal inside the Lunar Whale and continue from there.

Thanks for the responses It's been a while since I last played FFIV, so I'm confused about what is optional and not.

Though I can't seem to find Feymarch (which apparently is the main thing to do to trigger a whole lot of other optional stuff). Help? Dx

There is a cave on a small island called the Passage of the Eidolons. The island is just northwest of the Sealed Cave, so it's near the southwest of the underworld. There is a teleporter on the third floor of the Passge that takes you to the Feymarch. Also, just make sure to use float on your party in the passage so you don't get hurt by lava :)

Thanks again for the responses. I managed to beat Asura and Leviathan, so I got those summons. Found the Rat Tail, though haven't traded it yet.

However, when I go to the Sylph Cavern, nothing seems to trigger anything that would acquire a summon from there. I found Yang knocked out with four Sylph sprites, but I'm not sure what to do here :/

(also, I can see some chests, but I dunno how to get them :/)

Also, Odin is kicking my ass. I'm hitting him with Thunder attacks, but eventually he uses Zantetsuken and it's game over. Help? :ness:

As for the moon, should I go after Bahamut first, or go to the Crystal Palace? (admittedly, the crystal palace is hard to get to, but I recall Bahamut being hard to take on; I've never actually acquired him in past playthroughs)

Well your party at the moment should be: Cecil, Rosa, Edge and Rydia. Have Rydia cast her strongest thunder spells on Odin, have Cecil attack Rosa using Haste and maybe Holy if you have it, Also have Edge cast i think it's Blitz that does thunder damage, hope it helps!

Also go to crystal palace to get Fusoya then go to bahamuts lair it's better then going later on.

For Odin your party should be: Cecil, Rosa, Edge and Rydia. Have Rydia cast her most powerfull thunder spells, Have Edge cast his thunder Ninjitsu skill which i think is Blitz. Have Cecil attack and Rosa using Haste on the strongest characters. Hope it helps.

Also for Bahamut once you get Fusoya from the crystal palace then go to Bahamuts lair it's better to have Fusoya unlike me who didn't have him when i killed Bahamut i had Kain.

Bahamut is essentially impossible to lose to assuming you have 1 member capable of casting reflect (Rosa learns it at level 34). Just keep reflect up, and he will eventually kill himself (unless you're playing on the DS version). Otherwise, it's the Behemoths you really have to worry about, and FuSoYa helps only very marginally with healing, since Behemoths have ridiculously good MAG defense. It doesn't matter too much either way if you go to Crystal Palace with or without Bahamut, but if you do go to Crystal Palace first, make sure to pick up Bahamut before going back to earth.

For the Sylph summon, after you've been through the cave once and seen Yang, go to Yang's wife in Fabul, talk to her and get the frying pan, and then go back to the Sylphs. They'll give you the summon in exchange. Also, since you have the Rat Tail, you might as well go see the smith, there aren't any fights or anything you need to do, it's a simple trade. For Odin, Laguna pretty much summed it up. Basically Blitz/Thundaga is the key.

Hope that helps.

Back