I hate Twilight!

Twilight is a cancer, one that will forever scar the body of literature and leave a bad taste in our mouths for years to come. It's time we all do the just thing and ignore its existence entirely, the fanbase has already been flamed to all hell and made to look like the retards MOST of them are. Now lets step away, looking to a better brighter tomorrow.

I like twilight, however I can also see why people despise it due to some parts of the plot. There are even some times when I despise it.

I agree with everyone who doesn't care for Twilight, but frankly I'm sick of vampires in general and especially vampire romances. Vampires have always given me nausea simply from thinking about them, so I find the concept of these bloodsucking undead corpses getting intimate with living human beings disgustingly necrophiliac. Down with vampires!

Like I implied in another thread, I have no actual reason to hate Twilight itself. Yes, it is a poorly written series of books with a wafer thin plot that's nauseatingly dull and cheesy. Yes, Meyer is in no way a literative genius, but rather an arrogant woman who believes that her take on a love story puts Shakespeare to shame. I direct the hate and disdain instead however, to how Bella is written, and to Meyer herself for shamelessly coming up with something this blatantly sexist. And seeing as I have yet to come across extremely rabid "Twi-hard" fans, I've no reason (yet) to hate the brainwashing cult it has created and sustained.

I can normally tolerate Mary Sues like Bella to begin with, especially as she was intended to be a normal teenage girl. Her lack of description however, and the vagueness of her life just never sat right with me, especially as Edward in comparison would receive heaps of description, describing how gorgeous and perfect he is. The contrived love story between them is apparent, especially as they fall in love ridiculously quickly, and Edward shows his true colours later on as an abusive and controlling bastard. Does Bella really stand against him and stand up for herself? Of course not. The girl simply can't function as an independent human being without Edward, and can just break down completely without him.

That's essentially what her character is. She has no purpose other than to be one of the subjects of this love plot and triangle, and to please her man. I really don't think we see anything more from her then. Education? Uhhh.... Career ambitions? Duhhhh....no, I can't think of any. Personality?! Does she have one? She's a monotonous character from beginning to end with no dreams. Bella is one of the most poorly written characters I have ever seen in fiction, and is the embodiment of a lot of things I find sexist, in that you can't possibly be of any worth if you don't have a man to please.

So there you go. Whether you agree with me or not, I hate Twilight's awful sexism, but not essentially the books nor the films themselves. They are bad, but they don't warrant my hate. Well, yet.

You made a thread just for the purpose of hating Twilight...? That being said, I don't think the literature sucked. I think the movie sucked, however. Kristen Stewart ruined Bella's character and Robert Pattison made Edward out to be way too tortured and tragic.

I diasagree, the literature sucks also... just ask stephen king what he thinks haha. He exclaims that she got extremely lucky with this film/movie dual publishing that she was able to become rich without EVER previously putting out ANY other stories OR short stories. Other than twighlight she is a complete ammatuer.

I tried to read osme of the stories... she goes at it like a barbarian. It lacks real description and innovation or imagination. Hell... even I have wrote MORE stories than her... and IMO they are better. I think she just target a certain market that were suckers for shitty books.

She may be one of the richest authors in the world now... banking off just these series, but that doesnt make her good. It just makes the majority of the masses suckers for easy reading and simple stories.

Back