How old were you when you played your first Final Fantasy?

My first game was FFVII, and i as 7 when i started playing it and then i played FFIX. When i was 9 i played FFIV( which i loved it) and at 10 FFX. I will not tell more cause there are a lot of final fantasy's xD

I was 12 years old. The first Final Fantasy game I ever played was Final Fantasy VII. After that I played VIII and IX but my favorite was always VII because it was my first. >w< It took my FF virginity.

My first Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy VII. I was 11 years old when I purchase it. It became my personal favorite Final Fantasy game of all time.

My first final fantasy game i bought was 7 i was 10 years old, i think i would buy the others games in the series if i bought ff5 or the old ones first.

Mine was IX, and I think I was roughly between 7 and 9 years old. Which didn't stop me from kicking Kuja's pansy little butt.
I didn't actually own it, but borrowed it from a good friend of mine. After playing it sporadically up to around Fossil Roo on disc 2 at his house, I borrowed it proper and completed the rest of the game (not including sidequests) in around a week and a half.

[FONT=&quot]The first step was in FFVII and I was 11 or 12. Then I would begin to play more seriously at 15 with FFIX! I clearly remember that day I brought it in 2004.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Jeebs....make me think about how old I am, why don'tcha?

Thirteen was when I played my first Final Fantasy game. That's nine years ago. 'Twas VIII.

This is funny. What advertised Final Fantasy to me was, an AMV about Final Fantasy VIII with Evanescence - Bring me to life as the music. I began interested in what the series WAS, and I was very ignorant at first. The first thing I did (stupidly) was watched FFVII: Advent Children when I was like 11. This was like as soon as the movie came out in english. I assumed this was based on the game "Final Fantasy VII" and had the same events and everything in the game. I also assumed every Final Fantasy game had its own movie, due to the fact that all of the newer games have FMV sequences and I saw some. I also thought the series went up to around XVIII. The stupidest of all of this was: I thought Final Fantasy: Spirits Within was based on Final Fantasy I... Okay, after doing a bit of research I corrected myself and now I know about all the things any FF fan should know about the series and how the games are going. I was 10-11 when I first played Final Fantasy VII. The PC version... The horrid version of FFVII. Didn't grasp it very well and it took me about a year to complete since the game randomly stopped working for a while. I thought it was great and it became my favourite game. I still don't know what my favourite game is now, though. This is 4 years later. Final Fantasy is now my favourite game series.

Pretty young, 7 or 8 maybe. The first one was Final Fantasy VI or VIII I think, I was young because my teenage brothers got the games and I'd sneak in their rooms and play it for hours.

It wasn't til I was like 11 til I got my own Final Fantasy to play, and the obsession stuck ever since then :wacky:

My first was FF 6 when i was 7 i din't know what the hell was happening at the time but the game itself was fun

I was pretty young when I played my first one, which was FFX, can't remember the exact age, but I remember completely loving the game as my imagination as a kid was so much more than it is now, it was also a pretty good educational game for me, it sounds strange and I may be the only one but I learnt a lot from these games as a child!

i was 13 at the time... the game was ffx :)

i think thats the reason why i like yuna soo much :)

was the first ff girl i ever saw lol :)

i was 13 at the time... the game was ffx :)
)

That must mean I was 12, when I first played a Final Fantasy game, haha, I went from FFX down to the earlier games, as strange way of going about it, the latest FF game I've played was the first one!

That must mean I was 12, when I first played a Final Fantasy game, haha, I went from FFX down to the earlier games, as strange way of going about it, the latest FF game I've played was the first one!

same :)

last one i played was ffix :)

[Mod Edit]: Please be sure to add more content to your post next time as this is borderline spam. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was about 9 when I played FF IX which is my favorite one in the series still. I just got a PS1 and my friend and I would post up on my bed and switch controllers every battle :busta:. We pulled all nighters all the time. Good times.

I was eight or nine when I first played my Final Fantasy - FFVII, the time it went Platinum in the UK. My mum bought it at ASDA cos the game magazine she bought for me and my brother had a free walkthrough for the game so she decided to give it a go. Of course, I ended up totally obsessed lol.

Been playing the games ever since.

I was twelve years old when i played Final Fantasy VIII for the first time.

My parents gave me Final Fantasy VIII, Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter as Christmas gifts, naturally i spent the 25th playing them, however i can't really remember which one i played first...i do however remember not understanding FFVIII at all, so i focused more on playing MGS and Syphon Filter and only then did i return to FFVIII.

A few months later in March i bought FFVII and some time later i bought FFIX, it was only a matter of time before they became my favourite Playstation One games.

jus gotta throw it out there again.. i was 8 :D :) :)

Mod edit: Could you give us a little more effort? Tell us what game maybe, or what you enjoyed or disliked about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 8, the first one i played was FFVII back in 1998.. I borrowed it from a friend first then got my mum to rent it out from the Libary and i kept renewing it to have more time to complete it, then shortly after i brought it from Game.

Back