Hi! New member

The Turk

Gil
So I've been a Final Fantasy fan fan since my brother bought FF7 not long after we got the first PlayStation console in 1997. He turned out not to like it much despite being the one who bought it whereas I loved it and the rest is history. I completed the game eventually and then moved on to FF8. Completed that too. Then I got FF 9 and 10 but never completed either of them and ended up moving house a ridiculous number of times resulting in me losing track of which box my FF games were in but kinda losing interest in them anyway.

I didn't play any FF game for about 15 years and then last year I heard FF7 was getting a remake, saw youtube clips of it and my FF passion was re-ignited as it re-awakened my happy memories of playing the original FF7 all those years ago. Funny thing is though, not only did it make me want to replay FF7 but it also made me want to replay FF8, complete FF9 and FF10 for the first time once and for all and play all the other FF games I've never played before as well.

This made me determined to find my FF games and in February I finally found them after about a decade and a half since I last played any of them. I completed FF7 again just under a week ago and I'm now currently playing through FF8. FF9 will be next!

Sorry for the rambling speech but basically I just wanted to say that after all these years I'm now a bigger fan of the Final Fantasy games than I was even 20 years ago and would love to finally have someone to share my love of the series with as I've never met anyone in real life who's into these games so that's why I'm here. When I found this forum and saw how friendly people were to new members I just had to join and say hi.

So here I am! Hi everyone!

Welcome to the forums! 🤗 I’m so glad with the remake coming out that it’s been rekindling a lot of people’s love for the series. There’s plenty of discussions on the various games in the series but I hope we get some more people in after the remake drops.

FF7 was one of my favorites but 9 was a personal favorite of mine, so I hope maybe you find some time to beat it 😉 My brother also got me into FF7! But we both still share our love for it!

I hope to see you post around more, I love reading people’s inputs on the different games 🙂

Welcome to FFF! :argor:

FFVII was also my first Final Fantasy (and it remains my favourite). The Remake has a lot of us very excited! I'm glad it has rekindled your interest in the franchise. I very much recommend that you continue and complete FFIX and FFX. Both are excellent games in their own ways.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. Feel free to engage with any of our discussions. We welcome any of it. :)

Welcome to the forums! 🤗 I’m so glad with the remake coming out that it’s been rekindling a lot of people’s love for the series. There’s plenty of discussions on the various games in the series but I hope we get some more people in after the remake drops.

FF7 was one of my favorites but 9 was a personal favorite of mine, so I hope maybe you find some time to beat it 😉 My brother also got me into FF7! But we both still share our love for it!

I hope to see you post around more, I love reading people’s inputs on the different games 🙂

Aww thanks :)

Thank you :) and absolutely I promise to post many more times here and I will tackle FF9 as soon as I've got through FF8! I'll give you my thoughts on it asap.

I'm the meantime as a reward for your kind post I'll let you know what I thought of FF7 and FF8:

FF7- my thoughts on this will mirror a lot of other people's in that it will always be my favourite because it was the one that introduced me to the series, because of the gameplay, the unique characters, compelling story, great plot twists and some of the most sublime music I've ever heard including Aeris/Aerith's theme, Tifa's theme and the main FF7 theme itself. There's so much more I want to say about this game but I'll leave it for another thread.

FF8- I only completed this game once unlike FF7 which I completed several times. At the time it didn't grab me in the same way as FF7. In retrospect though I don't think FF8 was at fault for this.The problem was I 'd got so attached to the FF7 characters I found myself missing them while I was running around Balamb Garden as Squall 😄 and any FF game at the time that didn't have Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aeris etc was gonna make me feel like this.

Having said that though FF8 has started to grow on me especially after watching various YouTube clips of it and reinforced all the more since I started playing it again. I think I've started to appreciate everything about it including the more complex GF junction system. I've even getting quite fond of the characters!

Again I've got more I want to say about this game but I'll leave it for another time as it'll take too long right now but at least you know my general view of those games.
Look forward to reading your views on these games as well :-)

Welcome here!
I think you will enjoy your stay, everybody is super nice. Can't wait to read more about your impressions after finishing FF9 and FF10!:D
Also we have a Discord, so join if you use it/would like to chat some!:D

Back