Hello....

Reptillian3

Gil
Hey guys,

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I'm 29 years old and I've just started playing Final Fantasy. The state of the world has me pretty stressed out right now, so I'm hoping this game will be a good distraction. I'm not really sure what else to say here, but I look forward to meeting everybody and to learn as much about these games as possible! =D

Nothing to be embarrassed about :) Which one are are you playing? I am taking it that you are enjoying it as you posted here :)

Nothing to be embarrassed about :) Which one are are you playing? I am taking it that you are enjoying it as you posted here :)
I'm starting with the very first one. I'm hoping to eventually play my way through the whole series. The graphics took me a little while to get used to, but I'm enjoying it so far!

• Love
Reactions: Six
Oh neat! Very bold to start from the very 1st game, I've dabbled in the earlier titles but still have a few I have to play - I did play Final Fantasy 1 on the PSP, Which is a wonderful remake that has lovely sharp sprites and detail, along with FF2 & FF4 on PSP.

Another member on the forum took to playing from the start of the series, so you may be interested to see their experience too:

Yay! Welcome to the forums!

Was there anything in particular that made you decide to start playing the Final Fantasy series specifically? I've been slowly attempting this feat as well, it's been a long journey but I'm finally all the way up to Final Fantasy VIII. Final Fantasy I .... it was probably my least favorite. Broke something inside of me :unsure::blush:

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the games and which one that turns out your favorite! Hopefully you find some time to post around some more (especially if you have any questions!) The forums could always use some new friends and new posts ^_^

Welcome to the forum, Reptillian! :argor:

I refuse to believe that there is a correct age to start enjoying Final Fantasy. You could be fifty and it wouldn't make a difference (in fact we've had members in their fifties here). The when doesn't matter.

29 and embarking on Final Fantasy for the first time isn't anything to be embarrassed about. In fact, I'm rather jealous that you'll be able to enjoy the games for the first time in your life at the same time as being old enough to notice more of the subtleties than you may have done as a child. Many of the games are truly works of art with deep lore, memorable plots, fascinating and diverse characters and some incredible music.

Final Fantasy I is the most simple of all of the games (which is to be expected considering that it is the first entry and they were just finding their feet). But it has a lot of charm and some brilliant music. The series gets a lot more intricate from then on so I hope you do stick with the franchise. We'll be here for you if you want to share your journey with us!

Welcome to the forums! Nothing to be ashamed of. I hope the games give you some sense of normality (lol Fantasy being normal) but it's true, the careless old days. Hope you enjoy them! :D

Yay! Welcome to the forums!

Was there anything in particular that made you decide to start playing the Final Fantasy series specifically? I've been slowly attempting this feat as well, it's been a long journey but I'm finally all the way up to Final Fantasy VIII. Final Fantasy I .... it was probably my least favorite. Broke something inside of me :unsure::blush:

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the games and which one that turns out your favorite! Hopefully you find some time to post around some more (especially if you have any questions!) The forums could always use some new friends and new posts ^_^
Thank you! Wow! Thats really impressive! Yeah, I can already tell Final Fantasy 1 isn't going to be a favorite of mine either, but I guess I should finish it before I form an opinion lol.. I saw some artwork of guys holding huge swords and that really peaked my interest in the game. I thought that was the coolest thing ever! hahaha

Welcome to the forum, Reptillian! :argor:

I refuse to believe that there is a correct age to start enjoying Final Fantasy. You could be fifty and it wouldn't make a difference (in fact we've had members in their fifties here). The when doesn't matter.

29 and embarking on Final Fantasy for the first time isn't anything to be embarrassed about. In fact, I'm rather jealous that you'll be able to enjoy the games for the first time in your life at the same time as being old enough to notice more of the subtleties than you may have done as a child. Many of the games are truly works of art with deep lore, memorable plots, fascinating and diverse characters and some incredible music.

Final Fantasy I is the most simple of all of the games (which is to be expected considering that it is the first entry and they were just finding their feet). But it has a lot of charm and some brilliant music. The series gets a lot more intricate from then on so I hope you do stick with the franchise. We'll be here for you if you want to share your journey with us!
Thank you! I'm so excited to get deeper into the games! I'm really looking forward to learning more about the lore and meeting the characters! This is definitely going to be a fun!

Welcome to the forums! Nothing to be ashamed of. I hope the games give you some sense of normality (lol Fantasy being normal) but it's true, the careless old days. Hope you enjoy them! :D
Thanks! Yes lol I definitely need a sense of normality right now. Or at least a fantasy world I can escape into for just a few hours everyday. :P

Reactions: Six
Back