Beginning of the adventure

Khaerdur

Gil
FFXIV
Khaerdur
Hello all!
My name is João and I’m from Portugal. I’m 32 years all and decided that I wanted to play through all the main Final Fantasy games in the numbers order (I-XV).
My love for the series started somewhere in 2001 when I’ve first played Final Fantasy IX. Because I’ve always been a guy that loves medieval over sci-fi (Lord of the Rings over Star Wars, etc :P), that game was an amazing joy to play. But honestly, I’ve only played it through the end recently with the iOS (and some help from the “cheating” options (shame one me)). I’ve played some Final Fantasy VII and VIII back then, and enjoyed it, but I’ve always got back for the IX.
So, that’s basically a bit of my history with FF. Now, it will probably take me a lifetime but, I’ve decided to start from FFI and play through has many FF that I can. Does anyone here has done it? Any tips?
Thank you!

Welcome to the forum, João! :argor:

There are a number of members here who have attempted that.
Winks Gaming embarked on that mission about a year or so ago, and I others have stated that they'll be doing it. It's a brave undertaking!
I haven't got any tips except to be patient with yourself and enjoy it. If you need to take a break, don't force it too much or you'll end up hating it and that'll be a waste. FF is simply too good to turn into a chore, so flow with yourself a bit as well.

Will you be including non-numbered FF titles as well? Things like World of Final Fantasy? Or is that something for another time?

I hope you keep us updated about your play throughs! There are plenty of discussions to be had, especially about the earlier games and the PSX games. I'd love to discuss some of them.

FFIX is also one of my favourite FF games, so that's great to hear.

Anyway, I welcome you to our forums! I hope you enjoy checking us out, our discussions, our digital magazine (if you fancy it), but most importantly we're here to chill and have a chat too.

Hi João, welcome to FFF. =] Glad that you're here to share your experience with us. Feel free to create a thread in the Final Fantasy section when you get an opportunity to do so. Hope to see you around often!

Hello Dionysos and Mitsuki!
Thank you very much for the warm welcome!
It's good to know that I'm not alone in this crazy adventure of going through and the main FFs and I'm very glad to find a place where Final Fantasy people gather around and speak about this very lovely franchise!
Thank you for the tips Dionysos. For now I'm enjoying very much, but I've only stared playing has I'm currently in about 2 Hours of FFI and just defeated Astos the Dark Elf King. The nostalgia of playing it is awesome! Of course I'm playing for the fun of it. If it becomes a chore and I'm not having fun, then it doesn't make sense to continue. Of course I know I will get stuck sometimes but that's part of it.
For now I will only include the main one but, If I can in the future I would like to play through all the Sequels and Prequels that are available!
I've attached a photo!
Thank you again!

Attachments

• IMG_8401.JPG
    IMG_8401.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 239
Hello João!! welcome to FFF!

wow that's a big plan :yay: I hope you won't get bored of FF games before VI haha

I'm a bit late but welcome to FFF, João!

About three years ago my brother & I started playing through the Final Fantasy series numerically (for a project) as well. We've been playing other games in-between, but so far we've gotten all the way to FFVI (which we are currently playing). Final Fantasy IX is my favorite, so I'm glad you like it too! I think FFI was the hardest to get through for me, so I wish you luck on the rest of your adventure as I continue on mine!

Good luck & I hope to see you post around more on the forums!

I'm a bit late but welcome to FFF, João!

About three years ago my brother & I started playing through the Final Fantasy series numerically (for a project) as well. We've been playing other games in-between, but so far we've gotten all the way to FFVI (which we are currently playing). Final Fantasy IX is my favorite, so I'm glad you like it too! I think FFI was the hardest to get through for me, so I wish you luck on the rest of your adventure as I continue on mine!

Good luck & I hope to see you post around more on the forums!

Hello! That’s awesome! Very nice that you and your brother already got to FFVI. I’m still in FFI. I was kinda stuck because I’ve lost the battle with Lich and though I needed to do a lot more grinding but yesterday I’ve tried again and defeated it :)
I’m glad too that FFIX is your favorite game!
Good luck and have fun with your adventure!

Congrats!

FFI looks so neat to play on PSP as well. Probably the best place to play it. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It may be simple compared to most entries in terms of characters and plot, but it has a good heart and set the foundation for the franchise as a whole.

I hope you enjoy FFII too. The music in particular is quite amazing.

Congrats!

FFI looks so neat to play on PSP as well. Probably the best place to play it. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It may be simple compared to most entries in terms of characters and plot, but it has a good heart and set the foundation for the franchise as a whole.

I hope you enjoy FFII too. The music in particular is quite amazing.

Hello and thank you for the reply, Dionysos!

I have found that FFI is a good game and very fun to play. The story is a bit all over the place and there’s not clear direction on where to go and what to do. But it very worth playing.

Regarding FFII I’m about 8 hours in and so far it’s been very good! The music, visuals and story have clearly improved regarding FFI. The world feels more alive and there’s a much more structured story and most of the times a clear evidence on where to go. There’s even cut scenes! The “job” system is interesting but because I’ve read that it gets difficult and doesn’t work properly after a while, I’ve spend a few hours evolving in the beginning and so far have no issues with it. Another thing to be careful especially in the beginning is that you can easily step in areas of the maps where the monsters are much stronger then your current level and die straight away. Luckily, I have the habit of saving a lot and in different files.

So far, it’s been great!

Hello and thank you for the reply, Dionysos!

I have found that FFI is a good game and very fun to play. The story is a bit all over the place and there’s not clear direction on where to go and what to do. But it very worth playing.

Regarding FFII I’m about 8 hours in and so far it’s been very good! The music, visuals and story have clearly improved regarding FFI. The world feels more alive and there’s a much more structured story and most of the times a clear evidence on where to go. There’s even cut scenes! The “job” system is interesting but because I’ve read that it gets difficult and doesn’t work properly after a while, I’ve spend a few hours evolving in the beginning and so far have no issues with it. Another thing to be careful especially in the beginning is that you can easily step in areas of the maps where the monsters are much stronger then your current level and die straight away. Luckily, I have the habit of saving a lot and in different files.

So far, it’s been great!

I will be honest here and admit that FFII is one of the only Final Fantasy games that I've never managed to complete. I like the game and love the music. I also like the conversation / special word mechanics (I don't know how else to describe that).

I found it quite difficult after a point though. Many of my weapons were doing zero damage (my characters kept missing) and I was younger at the time and couldn't figure out why. I'd love to one day play through the game myself and do it properly.

Hello all! I’ve finished FFII and I’ve really enjoyed it. I was a little skeptical at first due to some reviews and opinions about the job system and difficulty, but didn’t has issues. I admit that I’ve been playing with walkthroughs or else I would probably not finish any FF game. I’m not an gamer with a lot of experience and don’t have a lot of free time. I’ve found the game to be a good evolution from FFI in all aspects and really enjoyed to be in that world with does characters. The story and characters are well developed, the attention to details is great and the world feels alive. All in all, it was a very pleasant adventure!
On another not, I’m already about 15 hours into FFIII (PSP Version) and so far it has been a strange beginning. In a first impression I’ve found the game a little childish both graphically (I know it was designed for DS so it natural that has that Nintendo look) and in term of story. Well, let me try to finish that and then I’ll but here my thoughts! Thank you!

Attachments

• D0CAC55F-D0AD-4AB5-B3C0-39B8C807E6EC.jpeg
    D0CAC55F-D0AD-4AB5-B3C0-39B8C807E6EC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 167
Hello all! I’ve finished FFII and I’ve really enjoyed it. I was a little skeptical at first due to some reviews and opinions about the job system and difficulty, but didn’t has issues. I admit that I’ve been playing with walkthroughs or else I would probably not finish any FF game. I’m not an gamer with a lot of experience and don’t have a lot of free time. I’ve found the game to be a good evolution from FFI in all aspects and really enjoyed to be in that world with does characters. The story and characters are well developed, the attention to details is great and the world feels alive. All in all, it was a very pleasant adventure!
On another not, I’m already about 15 hours into FFIII (PSP Version) and so far it has been a strange beginning. In a first impression I’ve found the game a little childish both graphically (I know it was designed for DS so it natural that has that Nintendo look) and in term of story. Well, let me try to finish that and then I’ll but here my thoughts! Thank you!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I think part of the difficult aspect is the item system. In my own experience some characters kept missing a lot when I attempted to fight with them, but I was also younger when I attempted it and had other FF games to play at the same time (I played it when it shipped for the PSX with FFI as Origins). I would love to play it again more properly sometime.

But I played enough of it to recognise that the story is a big step up from FFI. The characters are quite cool too (I'll never forget Guy and his beavers!), as is the setting.

Good luck with FFIII! That's actually one I've never played at all because I lacked a DS.

Hello everyone! Just to let you know that I’ve finished FF III! I’ve found the first half and a bit a little boring and didn’t enjoy the 3D much. After getting the Invincible Ship and the last part of the guy was actually fun! I did defeat the last infamous dungeon and CoD at first try. Maybe was lucky or maybe the guide I was following was good (followed a lot of online tips too). Anyway, I’ve already strayed FF IV and I’m enjoying it! Good to be back to the 2D HD environment!

Attachments

• A8213B2C-3BA6-49CB-9593-7594DDF0C509.jpeg
    A8213B2C-3BA6-49CB-9593-7594DDF0C509.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
Back