Gun Control/Gun Violence in the US

It's a pretty undeniable fact, just statistically, that compared to places with harsher gun control laws, like the UK and Australia, the rate of gun crime in the US is astronomically high.

The UK is doing the US a favor- they are going to show why the founders of America decided on a right to bear arms in the first place.

All the UK is doing is demonstrating it's usual double-edged, irritating grandness.

The UK is doing the US a favor- they are going to show why the founders of America decided on a right to bear arms in the first place.

All the UK is doing is demonstrating it's usual double-edged, irritating grandness.

Care to elaborate on that? Shame we don't have guns in the UK like they do in the US, another school shooting today. They sure look fun.

Care to elaborate on that? Shame we don't have guns in the UK like they do in the US, another school shooting today. They sure look fun.

The UK has always been a gigantic blowhard on just about everything, the anti-gun gimmick is just another antic. I suppose it's much more immediately gratifying to pretend taking away guns isn't ultimately a sad mistake for a country, and stand tall on a temporary peace.

The UK has always been a gigantic blowhard on just about everything, the anti-gun gimmick is just another antic. I suppose it's much more immediately gratifying to pretend taking away guns isn't ultimately a sad mistake for a country, and stand tall on a temporary peace.

are you for real? There's no logic behind that at all. That's the problem with all the pro-gun people, eventually they run out of what little logic they brought to the argument in the first place and just insult the opposition. Yeah mate, you go on thinking that were the real losers here. You go on having the ridiculous gun crime and murder rates and 30 odd school shootings In however long but you're the real winner here. Ancient laws are still relevant today though right? Yep, course they are. The world will be a better place when everyone is armed to the teeth.

I'll enjoy my temporary peace just fine thanks. Beats continuous war that you have in the US.

Unfortunately where I live gun control is pretty damn lax. I just moved to South Carolina, and a few years back when I was visiting, I saw an ad in the local paper for some state politician who literally put out an ad saying that if you came out to his rally, you would get a FREE AK-47. I was floored. I'm sure they would do background checks etc, but the simple fact that that was an incentive to come out and support this guy is nuts to me.

That - doesn't even make any sense, Skybringr.

Literally, no way I can respond to that, because not only does it not really parse as a sentence, the sentiment behind it doesn't make any sense. How on earth is the UK showing that the US is right to have people bearing arms by not having people being shot on a weekly basis?

Back