Nintendo Goldeneye

Apolyonn

"We do away with your kind."
Gil
A thread for pure nostalgia and reminiscence.

I can't remember exactly what, but something in the SB sparked my memory. I think someone was named "the man with the golden gun" or something, and I thought, "man I loved that game. Only game where a pistol gets you a one-hit kill. Only sniper rifles do that anymore...that game had a shitty sniper rifle."

So yeah. Post your recollections of one of the first great FPS's.

goldeneye1oz7.jpg

n64-goldeneye.png

http://slappersonly.ytmnd.com/

Last edited:
Man I used to love this game. I never owned it because I didn't have a N64, but I used to play it all the time at my friends house. I think it was the first FPS game I played which had 3D aiming.

The Multiplayer mode was bloody addictive! It is also one of the few games that I've beaten without actually owning the console it was on, let alone the game itself.

Omg I remember this game it was the best James Bond game it was like so fun. The levels were good and the guns were cool but I found the game short. Probably the best James Bond game.

This game came out before I was really into video games but I used to have a friend who played it almost constantly. It was definitely fun but I sucked so bad. That kid was fucking deadly with mines... holy shit. We used to play custom games with mines and he could always own me. It was actually pretty fucking cool. I can still remember being impressed by how bad I was being owned. That's some fucking skillz right there.

Proximity Mines. Goddamn bloody Proximity Mines.

Excellent game for the time, probably my favorite console FPS after Timesplitters 2 for multiplayer mayhem. Also one of the first games I remember where I actively drove myself to do the challenges for the cheats and special weapons. Facility on the hardest difficulty in 1:25 or something was a bitch since it involved luck more than anything.

DK mode was a blast as well, easy headshots. Messing about in general with the cheats on was a blast. Good times. It's semi-sucessor Perfect Dark was technically superior but it never really had the awesome factor of this.

Oh and fuck anyone who used Oddjob. Wee bastard.

This was possibly the very first FPS I ever played. I remember the multiplayer being something me and friends would spend hours playing, even it is was just to see who could make a bigger explosion using mines and rockets (we were young).
As far as I remember the story was fairly accurate to the film, and I really enjoyed being able to play through it, in fact, I still do play this every now and then just for the nostalgic feeling.

My friends and I used to play this game till like 4 in the morning on weekends back in high school. I remember my brother and I were always at the top, but nobody could ever beat me. We liked to use the "Power Weapons" and I would always use the Magnum while they thought that they could beat me with the RCP-90 hahaha aaahhhhhhhh good times, good times.

Nostalgia aplenty from this game.

I saw my cousin play it a long time ago, and it looked really cool back then.

A few years later, I found myself a copy of it and play the hell out of it. It was indeed one of the reasons why FPS' got so popular on the consoles, and I saw why.
Specific objectives other than "go here, kill this, next area", AI that didn't always try to just bum-rush you, and a great multiplayer that Perfect Dark went on to truly perfect on a console (before games like Halo took it online).

By the way, I think this is probably the game that is the farthest away from what a typical movie-based game normally is (Cheap, cashed in, and rushed out the door).
But no, this went on to become an instant classic that would go down in gaming history as one of the greatest of all time.

Back