Nintendo Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Demon

Don't ruin my cuin
Veteran
Gil
Golden Sun is a series of RPGs which deals with subjects such as alchemy. The newest game, which will be on the Nintendo DS, is the third game in the series and is "loosely" based on the first two, taking place thirty years after where the previous games left off.

This new game, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, takes the series into 3D. The release date is said to be November 29th for North America.

The previous games did share some similarities to some of the Final Fantasy games, containing summons, items, and spells. This game will probably be much the same way. Screenshots of this game are available if you search for them, and in my opinion, the game looks beautiful.

Last edited:
Here is a preview article from a little over a week ago: http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1126919p1.html

I didn't know about the Stylus-controlled magic. That ought to be rather interesting, I think. I'm really happy with how good this game looks, going by how it looks in the video. The graphics look somewhere between an N64 and PS2 game. I could expect that from a 3DS/PSP game but not so much a DS game.

Golden Sun is a fantastic series, and brings back memories.
I'm really glad it's getting some DS treatment. I'm stoked!

Golden Sun is a fantastic series, and brings back memories.
I'm really glad it's getting some DS treatment. I'm stoked!
Good to know that someone else might be interested in it. There seem to be a lot more Golden Sun fans on this forum than are posting in this thread, but I guess more people are interested in Pokemon or Final Fantasy. Guess I don't blame them though.

Are you disappointed that you don't play as the old cast in this game?

I am, a little. But it doesn't really matter to me all that much, especially since I think it will be pretty cool.

Not really, their story was concluded quite well so while I'm sad to see them step aside, I don't mind playing as fresh talent.
It's been so long since the last game that it feels about right anyway lol.
And it makes more sense from the developers POV - a lot of people buying the game may not have played the old games, so it would be silly to have a bunch of middle aged characters that new fans have no emotional investment in. They gotta think of their target audience, after all.
And it's an excuse to start from level 1 again. >.>

Sooo...seen the update to the characters section on the official site? In particular, this one.

I am now officially excited. I've been a massive
Alex
fan since the first game, and I wasn't even going to acknowledge this one if he wasn't in it. Now that he is...FFFFFFF. ROLL ON RELEASE DATE. MUST PLAY NOW. This might just be my game of the year. I CANNOT WAIT.

Ooh, I'm hoping Alex appears as the main villain this time. Although, I loved his rather machiavellian-antagonistic role in the first two games, it'll be really satisfying to be able to finally fight him.

I'm liking all the characters so far, and I like how it appears we'll be getting one spell-caster and one warrior for each element, so we'll be able to make any type of party we want. Very excited. I loved the first two games, and I've always thought they DESERVE a third.

Loving the art style here. To be honest, I'm not that blown back by the visuals so far, probably because a lot of DS games lately have already pushed the DS's graphical capabilities to the limit already that I'm kind of used to the N64/sub-par N64 graphics already. That's not to say it doesn't look good though. It receives plus points for incorporating puzzles into the dungeons. In fact, anything that incorporates Zelda-esque dungeons with something that reminds me of DQIX is always going to get my attention.

I should really start off with the first two games, but they're not exactly that easy to get my hands into nowadays. D=

Its not adding much to the topic, but I feel obliged to post this here:
...seriously, I don't think I've ever been more overjoyed with a game's OST than I have been with this. It stays true to the original theme, but it still sounds completely new on some levels. Awesome remix is awesome ♥

Whilst I'm hoping for some new themes (I especially want a dramatic theme for Alex, because HE IS GOING TO MAKE THIS GAME THE BEST GAME TO COME OUT THIS YEAR) I am PRAYING they remix Venus Lighthouse...Karst and Agatio's battle theme would be nice as well, since I was quite fond of that, and I know they've remixed Saturos'

It looks like this will be a proper Golden Sun game after all ♥

...I can't believe Kraden is still alive, though. Tenacious bastard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this thread would be pumping out of replies today :/

So everybody, already got you copy? Too bad games are not cheap on my country,if they were,I would be getting mine just at the releasing day...

But I'll probably buy it until christmas.

♥Love Freak Flonne♥;830336 said:
...I can't believe Kraden is still alive, though. Tenacious bastard.

That gets explained with a handwave from You-Know-Who. :lew:

I've been playing this game since Sunday (R4 card ftw, people) and I'm really enjoying it so far. The story is slow to take off, but, it's already got me quite hooked. The battle system and music are as brilliant as ever, and most of the new characters are great.

I don't like Rief though. Speccy git.

Back