god...man or woman?

it comforts me most to believe god doesnt exist, therefore that is the case? :hmmm:

if there was such a thing i imagine it would look like

pink-floyd-dark-side-of-the-moon-cover.jpg

or

POTATO.jpg

thats my final answer, chris.

I think god is whatever you think it could be honestly. I believe my god is "music" merely because I can feel it the most. Is that good enough? It is what I understand the most, and maybe it comes from other folks, but it's because I don't practice it, but damn there's nothing like a good guitarist (tom morello, Jimmy Hendrix) /bassist (Les Claypool)/ drummer (Danny Carrey)/ vocalist (MJK, Eric Clapton, Robert Smith, Morrissey, list goes on).. I've always thought of folks that would make it huge together if they just played one collab song..

It's nothing better than relaxing after a long day to some chill music. It sets me on down that path if you know what I mean.

Guy or girl? Nah. (I think I've posted in this thread before)

Last edited:
Well according to Roman Catholicism and most Christian lore, most of the representation of God depict him as an elderly man (who shockingly shares a resemblance with Zeus/Jupiter...). Of course, there are other versions of Christianity who think that Jesus was God made flesh, so that's another point in favor of God being male.

However, genders are only needed for reproduction. Since God and other spiritual entities does not need such organs, I see little reason why should they need genders, at all. Mammary Glands (another trait of female gender) are necessary for feeding offsprings (milk production) since this also gives the progeny other nutrients necessary for growth. Since spiritual beings do not reproduce among themselves, there's also very little reason why they should need them either.

Also in most translations of the Bible, when we read the tale of the Nephilims we are told that "The Sons of God" fell in love with the "Daughters of Man" and then they made "human shells" for themselves in order to be with these daughters of men. The results was the mythical being called "Nephilim" (giants). That would also give another point in favor of thinking Angels and God are males.

However, I still hold to my grounds that, since spiritual beings don't need to reproduce then I see no reason why they should have any genitalia nor mammary glands.

However, most religions are patriarchal seeing that they place "man" at the head of the family. Also the tale of Genesis dictates that God directly created the male Adam, and then from his rib he created the female Eve. There are theories concerning that Adam's first wife wasn't Eve, but Lilith, but since Lilith was made the same way as Adam, she refused to bend to Adam's will, rebelled and was expelled from the paradise (but that's a tale for another day).

Again, if most religions are patriarchal then it is only natural to realize that they intend to see the Creator, as a male.

Interesting to note, I heard once that together, both man and women held within the power of God. Men representing God's Destructive nature while females represented God's Loving Nature.

Now....I wonder where's Angelus? Where's a robot scholar when you need one?

If we're talking the Christian God and not just a generic "god" then God is a he. That's obvious to anyone. Anyone who thinks otherwise yet still adheres to the Christian doctrine is an idiot. And yeah, there's the whole genderless route, except that Jesus Christ was a male.

God is neither. He is the light, most holy, pure, etc. He made us in His image. That doesn't mean he is human.

Human is a name given to our species, meaning God nor any of the spiritual beings falls under that category. Also, there are a few scholars who debate whether God made us in his image or if it was that He is merely an anthropomorphic Deity. Ancient Greeks gave many human attributes to their gods, and since Romans copied/adapted most of the Greek Culture to theirs (like naming Zeus Jupiter, Ares Mars, Venus Aphrodite, Poseidon Neptune....and so on), and since most Christianity took a boost in Rome becoming now what we know as Roman Catholicism, it would only be natural to think that the God displays many human attributes like He does today.

Also, haven't anyone come to think that the depictions of Zeus and the Roman Catholic/Jewish God look very similar? Also, the Tarot Card of "The Emperor" is known to be a possible origin of the Greek God Zeus, which is the source of the Super-ego that aims to perfection.

Either they are the same or simply us humans have a very limited imagination and love to copy other people. :)

If we're talking the Christian God and not just a generic "god" then God is a he. That's obvious to anyone. Anyone who thinks otherwise yet still adheres to the Christian doctrine is an idiot. And yeah, there's the whole genderless route, except that Jesus Christ was a male.

I think calling them an idiot is a bit much. There are female images of God in the bible. We talked about these in my concepts of God class when I was in college. I think that the masculine image of God is more popular due to culture. We talked about how culture influences religion as much as religion influences culture.

Bible of course, also had several different authors.

And Yeah, these are all totally copied and pasted.

Genesis 1:27 Women and Men created in God’s image
“Humankind was created as God's reflection: in the divine image God created them; female and male, God made them."
Hosea 11:3-4 God described as a mother
God: “Yet it was I who taught Ephraim to walk, I who took them up in my arms; but they did not know that I healed them. I led them with cords of human kindness, with bands of love. I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks. I bent down to them and fed them.”
Hosea 13:8 God described as a mother bear
"Like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will attack them and tear them asunder...”
Deuteronomy 32:11-12 God described as a mother eagle
“Like the eagle that stirs up its nest, and hovers over its young, God spreads wings to catch you, and carries you on pinions.”
Deuteronomy 32:18 God who gives birth
“You were unmindful of the Rock that bore you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.”
Isaiah 66:13 God as a comforting mother
God: “As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”
Isaiah 49:15 God compared to a nursing mother
God: “Can a woman forget her nursing child, or show no compassion for the child of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.”
Isaiah 42:14 God as a woman in labor
God: “For a long time I have held my peace, I have kept myself still and restrained myself; now I will cry out like a woman in labor, I will gasp and pant.”
Jeremiah 44:25 Queen of Heaven
“Thus says…the God of Israel: You and your wives have accomplished in deeds what you declared in words, ‘We are determined to …make offerings to the queen of heaven and to pour out libations to her.’ By all means, keep your vows and make your libations!”
Psalm131:2 God as a Mother
“But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.”
Psalm 123:2-3 God compared to a woman
“As the eyes of a servant looks to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to you, YHWH, until you show us your mercy!”
Matthew 23:37 and Luke 13:34 God as a Mother Hen
Jesus: “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!”
Luke 15:8-10 God as woman looking for her lost coin
Jesus: “Or what woman having ten silver coins, is she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Source! http://www.womensordination.org/content/view/234/

Also, from my understanding, Jesus is the son of God, not God himself. And if God wanted to become human, he'd have to choose male or female. And considering the time that he was in, wouldn't it have made more sense to choose male? Would anyone have listened to a women in that culture during that time?

Though I still think, that if God exists, then God is genderless =P However I tend to refer to God as a he out of habit.

Last edited:
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth." 29 And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. 31 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good.

First hand account of God, illustrated in his trendy pink robe-

god-mich.jpg

Honestly now, God is a guy. Why else would he make men first? Because they're closest to Him. End of story.

Back