Help Glitch on menu in PC version of final fantasy vii

mar

Gil
hi. i already reported this directly to square-enix several times and they only answered once telling me that does no exist such an error like that. when is obviously that it happens. i recorded a video that i will post here. it looks a code bug when they port the game to the PC.

in the second 0:04 can see it clearly. i push one time down and acept. and it go down two times and acepts. only happens when u do it quickly. it happens with keyboard and gamepad. i installed game in other machine and tried several stuff. please, can this be solved? im looking for help for various years already.. thanks.

I have the FF7 port on Steam and I never ran into this issue myself. I used a ps3 controller connected with a cable. I'm unsure if you've tried that, but if you've tried everything else, that might be another option, perhaps?

I can definitely understand how this can be frustrating, especially because SE doesn't really seem to care about the ports they push out.

I have the FF7 port on Steam and I never ran into this issue myself. I used a ps3 controller connected with a cable. I'm unsure if you've tried that, but if you've tried everything else, that might be another option, perhaps?

I can definitely understand how this can be frustrating, especially because SE doesn't really seem to care about the ports they push out.
yes i tried, with scp server.with steam version too. but i think i would happens on any pad cause it happens with keyboard too. i also installed the CD version, the old one, happens too. and you say you did not noticed about this? maybe you didnt noticed but i think glitch is there ! it happens when combine direction with accept quickly... ok thanks for reply !

Reactions: Six
This is the same company that seems insistent on not fixing much more egregious bugs like the infamous Northern Cave save crystal glitch, so I'm not terribly surprised to learn that they're also dismissive to other bugs.

After playing on a PlayStation 4 controller, I can say that I have also had issues of single taps being counted as two inputs. But I wasn't sure if it was an actual issue with the game or because I was using JoyToKey rather than the game's built-in controller support. I don't recall it ever occurring on keyboard, though it has been some time since I've attempted to play it like that.

Reactions: mar
This is the same company that seems insistent on not fixing much more egregious bugs like the infamous Northern Cave save crystal glitch, so I'm not terribly surprised to learn that they're also dismissive to other bugs.

After playing on a PlayStation 4 controller, I can say that I have also had issues of single taps being counted as two inputs. But I wasn't sure if it was an actual issue with the game or because I was using JoyToKey rather than the game's built-in controller support. I don't recall it ever occurring on keyboard, though it has been some time since I've attempted to play it like that.
hi. is not joytokey problem. its the game. the last day, i found a person playing the game in parsec, and i told him to try this bug and happened for him too, with normal controller and keyboard. i already uninstall it, i dont wanna know nothing about this version of the game anymore. i preffer emulate the ps1 version so far. i had problems too long ago, with mods of this steam version, i canot finish the game, cause some problem with mod, broke some save data. i lost alot of hours of the progress.

hi. is not joytokey problem. its the game. the last day, i found a person playing the game in parsec, and i told him to try this bug and happened for him too, with normal controller and keyboard. i already uninstall it, i dont wanna know nothing about this version of the game anymore. i preffer emulate the ps1 version so far. i had problems too long ago, with mods of this steam version, i canot finish the game, cause some problem with mod, broke some save data. i lost alot of hours of the progress.
Playing through other avenues is probably the better option. I think the Steam version is fine for the most part, but the parts where it fails are particularly bad.

Back