Help GF Leveling spots

Angeal

Gil
I am playing FF8 again and I want to do a low level play through but I want to level my GFs and get there abilities without leveling. I am just before the seed mission. Does anyone know any good spots to level the GFs?

You can't level the GFs without levelling the characters but I assume you mean getting AP to learn abilities. I would suggest getting Quizecotls 'card' ability as soon as possible because then you can card monsters with it which means you gain no EXP but still gain AP = no levelling up but still learning the GF abilities. A good place to do this is on the beach near balamb, there are fish there that give 3ap per kill. you can quickly learn the card ability from them and then just card them all until you've learned whichever abilities you want before progressing. Another good thing to do if you're serious about staying really low-levelled is to play cards a lot, because once you learn the card-mod ability (also from Quizecotl) you can get some really great magic early on in the game to boost your junctions.

You can't level the GFs without levelling the characters but I assume you mean getting AP to learn abilities. I would suggest getting Quizecotls 'card' ability as soon as possible because then you can card monsters with it which means you gain no EXP but still gain AP = no levelling up but still learning the GF abilities. A good place to do this is on the beach near balamb, there are fish there that give 3ap per kill. you can quickly learn the card ability from them and then just card them all until you've learned whichever abilities you want before progressing. Another good thing to do if you're serious about staying really low-levelled is to play cards a lot, because once you learn the card-mod ability (also from Quizecotl) you can get some really great magic early on in the game to boost your junctions.

Thanks, I was just confused on how to properly get there abilities without gaining xp. :P

Bosses in VIII also don't give EXP but give a lot of AP so they're another way to get fast AP without levelling up :) Another tactic is to kill Zell and Squall during the Dollet mission and just junction all the GFs to Seifer and have him learn everything you need. He'll be the only one to level up.

And if you play cards before heading to Dollet you can get your characters strong enough to kill the boss at Dollet over and over, which gains you 50AP every time.

To be honest Sheechiibii has given you the best two answers possible here Angeal. I myself have been replaying the game and I haven't really been bothering to much with skills and I have been trying to complete the game as fast as possible. I am on disc 4 with 30 hours of game time and my party levels are between 27-35 for main party and everyone else is like 11.

The cactaur island is best for AP training as every cactaur gives 20AP.
junction Aqua for El-Attack or use Kamikaze for success ;)

Back