First playthrough

Phraquards

(C)loud (S)trife
Gil
Hey ive just started FFIX for the first time (on disc 3 at the moment), Its very different from the others. Im just confused. Can anyone please explain it for me?

Depends on what you are confused about buddy :elmo: explain what you are confused about then i might be able to help you.

What Happy Dog said. Which part are you confused? Gameplay? Story? As to why FFIX feels different?

(I'm not moving this to FFIX help booth yet because it's unclear whether OP is asking for gameplay or story related questions)

FFIX was the first 3D based FF title that took features from the originals...such as the job class system which specific characters could only equip certain stuff etc. It also re-introduced four party members in a battle which FFVII and FFVIII had only three. The tetra (think thats right) card system was a much more easier and simplified version of the offering from FFVIII.

It also introduced ability stones which changed the tide on battles and gave a new depth on strategy and on top of that allowed two players to control two characters each in battle.

Story wise....FFIX seems to take it's time before it develops into something that isn't quite generic and I believe if you are on disc 3 you are at the point in which most of the story unfolds and develops. But like the others stated without clear indication on what is confusing you then we can't do our best to help.

The story, because Kuja looks like Zadien (sorry if spellt incorrectly). Is there more to it?

You find out more about this later in the game... towards the end of disk three if my memory serves correctly

Yeah there's more to it. And he's called Zidane.
I'm sure you mind spoilers, so it's better if you just find it by yourself. Since you are in disc 3, it won't be long before everything is explained anyway.

Ooooh, get ready for some major story development coming up! Disk 3 is possibly the best disk, so be prepared for greatness :grin:
I'd say FF9 is very much like a lot of the FF games to be honest, what with the many elements being taken from other games in the series. I guess Zidane and Kuja's relationship is quite unique though :)

Back