Final Fantasy XV General Discussion Thread

I have a small sample size thus far, only about 12 hours of playtime, so it isn't much.

So the battle system isn't the greatest to me. It's a little closer to Type 0 than older FF's. It's not that it's bad, per se, but I like the old turn-based systems better. And I'm not too keen on the whole using Noctis only thing, I'd like to change it up every now and again. At least Phoenix Downs aren't such a rare commodity in this game.

I think the thing that bugs me most though is the whole day/night dynamic. I wouldn't mind it as much if it was a little closer to real life (no not minute per minute in game time). But it's like I play for 10 minutes after waking up, then it's night again and time for bed. It's tough to get a little momentum going when I have stop what I'm doing to run back to a resting place. Then that's to gain experience as well, instead of gaining it actively. I can understand and appreciate that they wanted to do something different to change the experience. But I think these changes represented more of a negative effect. If I could run around in day-time hours for like a good hour, then I wouldn't mind as much. I do like the element of day/night for the sake of scenery and enemy dynamic, it's just too fast of a clock. I suppose if I can handle the night time creatures, it won't be as bad, but the clock is still too fast, and I need to cash in my experience anyways.

Maybe these gripes will ease up some over time when my party gets tougher and I grasp the gameplay more.

For positives, I do like that I can listen to old FF soundtracks in the car. I've bought every one I've come across so far. It's epic to listen to Find Your Way, The Oath, Battle on the Big Bridge, Sunken Shrine and Sunleth Waterscape while on a commute. So far money is easy to come by, which helps for bulking up the party and preparing for the long road ahead (pun intended and not intended). And I do like the Skills aspect like Fishing and such to give everyone a unique exploration ability.

I might come back for another review when I'm further along. I think we'll see some good vibes going forward though.

Night time becomes a non-issue after a while, for sure. And I at least hoarded by EXP so that I could spend it at rest places that added a multiplier to it. That could help you reach a level that allows you to tackle night enemies faster (level 35 or so, if I recall?)

As for only playing as Noctis, are you doing that willingly? Because there was an update months ago that allowed you to switch between the four characters at any time. And they all have unique mechanics too :)

As for only playing as Noctis, are you doing that willingly? Because there was an update months ago that allowed you to switch between the four characters at any time. And they all have unique mechanics too :)
Oh, I was not aware of this little factoid. I'm still pretty early in the game, so it's possible that option hasn't opened up for me yet? Either way, just knowing it's possible sounds very appealing.

I can't believe we still don't have a Peep about the Season Pass 2 content (Beyond their initial pitch)... I really didn't expect or want this to run into 2019. I was hoping for e3 2019 to go forward with a Final Fantasy XVI.

I'll admit, it's starting to grow on me a bit. I'm getting a better feel for the battle mechanics now, which helps a lot. I'm up to Chapter 8 now, and it feels like I've moved kind of quickly in the game, given the chapter and my level (51). The games way of being anti-FFXIII with it's ability to sidequest throughout the story and early on is nice and a burden. At some point I was just looking at my quests screen and feeling like it was hopeless to get through everything and continue the story at a reasonable rate. But the way the game is designed, you're almost forced to do these (at least some for the cheap experience and items). I also wish the world wasn't so big, or the car can go faster, or the days go by slower (I know I've complained about this plenty). But despite that, I think I'm still moving at a pretty good pace. Time to go in and do more work.

Final Fantasy XV's Final DLC Gets A Trailer For Its Prologue Anime

Although Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata recently announced his departure from the company and the subsequent announcement that all but one of the game's upcoming DLCs had been canceled, FFXV fans still have the Episode Ardyn DLC to look forward to. And now, they also have a new anime to look forward to, as well.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn Prologue, an anime with a name as long as its first trailer is short, will set up the events of the upcoming DLC, in which players take on the role of FFXV's antagonist, Ardyn. You can watch the trailer below.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/1...nal-dlc-gets-a-trailer-for-its-prologue-anime

I just recently finished up FFXV. I must say i quite enjoyed it despite the story being all over the place and missing chunks of it except those promto snowmobile time trails fuck those. Anywho, I personally have become rather jaded and cynical of most JRPGs as of late where everything is becoming tried and safe cliches, some dont every try to tell a decent narative at all. FFXV i feel did great in twisting things around at last the party members say somthing when taking on a side quest and when finishing one off everyone speaking to each other, little stuff like that made everything more enjoyable. Heck I even enjoyed the end too a degree, I played a game with an opposing diametric to that end, sure some might call it a bittersweet end, I honestly think its somwhat refeshing. You cant always get what you want and there is always a price to pay, even if games state them they are not always incentivised, FFXV did s and i like it for that.

Anyways my incoherent rambiling aside. I'm looking forward to the new and final DLC.

Square Enix has announced the release date for the last DLC of Final Fantasy XV. Episode Ardyn is coming out March 26th for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and will be conclusion of FFXV’s long post-launch support. Square Enix also created an awesome prologue for Episode Ardyn in form of an anime short-film. You can watch Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn – Prologue right now!

Final Fantasy XV’s long and tumultuous tale is reaching its finale very soon with Episode Ardyn’s release next month. As the ultimate DLC content, publisher & developer Square-Enix is ramping up their marketing for what is – hopefully – going to become the swan song for an infamous game.

Now, FFXV players will be able to experience the story of Ardyn Lucis Caelum, one of the major characters. It was supposed to be part of three more character-focused DLC but alas, it will end up the sole part of the once-planned second and last DLC Season.

Have prices on the DLC been released yet... After the price for the additional content of the Royal Edition pack I don't remain hopeful.

TBH, I don't tend to buy DLC Day One and wait for a sale, which means I probably won't be playing this for quite some time... Unless they formulate a Complete Edition with the base game on one disc and a 2nd disc with all the DLC to install onto - This happened with the UK release of Shadow of War... so it CAN happen!

Final Fantasy XV ‘Active Time Report: Final’ live stream set for March 26

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/final-fantasy-xv-active-time-report-final-live-stream-set-for-march-26

Square Enix will host the final “Active Time Report” live stream for Final Fantasy XV on March 26 from 20:00 to 21:00 JST, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube and Niconico.

Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report: Final” will feature Final Fantasy XV update news, the latest on the Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future novel, and the more information and gameplay of the Final Fantasy XV downloadable content “Episode Ardyn.” Presenters include Final Fantasy XV global brand director Akio Ofuji, and “Episode Ardyn” producer Yuji Shinoda and director Takefumi Takeda.

The “Episode Ardyn” add-on is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 26

Looks like the end is upon us... Hope it's more cheerful than their last one :P Still not seen the DLC listed on the PlayStation Store.

I thought I was done with Final Fantasy. After FF13 and its sequel I’d pretty much swore to never play another one again. I couldn’t face another sulky protagonist, another round of endless cut-scenes, another baffling, overly-intricate plot. Even Lightning Returns couldn’t convince me to return. So trust me when I tell you that what I’m going to tell you next seemed unthinkable a week ago. Final Fantasy 15 isn’t the best game of the year, but it’s definitely one of my favourites.

I thought I was done with Final Fantasy. After FF13 and its sequel I’d pretty much swore to never play another one again. I couldn’t face another sulky protagonist, another round of endless cut-scenes, another baffling, overly-intricate plot. Even Lightning Returns couldn’t convince me to return. So trust me when I tell you that what I’m going to tell you next seemed unthinkable a week ago. Final Fantasy 15 isn’t the best game of the year, but it’s definitely one of my favourites.
Yeah I wouldn't recommend Lightning Returns then the story nose dives even further! - This is coming from someone who even likes the 1st & 2nd game.

As for XV, I'm still angry with it, I haven't gone back to it since my initial playthrough and after the 101 updates, I said I would after they would finish the game... but now they're concluding the story with a novel... I'm done!
Not only that, but the Novel seems to be concluding the story with an alternative timeline scenario... $%&£ that!

^

I'd be interested in seeing all of the additional scenes that they've added to the Royal Edition. I still haven't seen all of them and I don't have time to buy it and start all over...

I've never hated the game. I actually love the world and its lore, etc.

However, I have always wished that the vanilla version of the game told more of the story. To get the complete package and enjoy the full experience of this game you really need to experience everything related to FFXV. That's a really unusual situation to find ourselves in as gamers. We're used to just playing the games to get the story.
Imagine if FFVII had been released but you needed to download DLC in order to see what happened when Cid temporarily became the party leader? Imagine if FFIX had been released but hardly any of the character-building ATE scenes had been included?

FFXV has added a lot of the things into the game that it needed to in order to polish it up. Those playing the game now will have a completely different experience.

Episode Ardyn is on sale for the 1st time @£3.99!:
This price is only available from 11/9/2019 01:00 am to 25/9/2019 11:59 pm.

Hi All..

I just purchased FFXV from Microsoft Store and Played around 20 Hours. Now I am facing problem with my game, that I can not load my saved games. The files seem to be gone, the slots are empty. If anyone has any solution to this, please help.

Thank you

Hi All..

I just purchased FFXV from Microsoft Store and Played around 20 Hours. Now I am facing problem with my game, that I can not load my saved games. The files seem to be gone, the slots are empty. If anyone has any solution to this, please help.

Thank you
Hey Albert!
Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately I have zero experience with the Microsoft Store version (I've only ever owned the PS4 disc version), sorry. :sad2:

But I'm replying partly to bump this in case anybody else sees it (and also to signal to you that you are not being ignored). Your issue might get more visibility if you created your own thread about the problem specifically. You can add Help tags to it then.

Anyway, I asked on your behalf on our Discord and learned that the windows store can sometimes play up, but that's as far as I got.

I hope you manage to get your saved game data restored soon!

Hey Albert!
Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately I have zero experience with the Microsoft Store version (I've only ever owned the PS4 disc version), sorry. :sad2:

But I'm replying partly to bump this in case anybody else sees it (and also to signal to you that you are not being ignored). Your issue might get more visibility if you created your own thread about the problem specifically. You can add Help tags to it then.

Anyway, I asked on your behalf on our Discord and learned that the windows store can sometimes play up, but that's as far as I got.

I hope you manage to get your saved game data restored soon!
Thank you Dionysos
Until now still can not. I am trying to uninstall it again..

Back