Final Fantasy XIII Causes PS3 Hardware Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Square Enix revealed first day sales figures for Final Fantasy XIII last week. Today, Enterbrain/Famitsu followed up with first week figures.

As reported at Famitsu.com today, in its first week, FFXIII sold 1,516,532 units. This figure covers four days of release, from the 17th through the 20th. Different from Square Enix's single day figure, it includes the hardware bundle version of the game.

This is easily the highest one week total for any PS3 game. In fact, it's more than double the total life to date sales of the PS3's prior best selling game, Metal Gear Solid 4.

PlayStation 3 hardware sales surged as a result of FFXIII, Famitsu.com also reports. For the week of the 14th through the 20th, PS3 sales reached 245,406 units. This is the highest one week total ever for the system. The previous record was around 150,000 following the PS3 slimline launch.

The sales spike brings total PS3 sales to 4,265,969 units.

Source: andriasang

It was to be expected. They're counting the Lightning edition ones as well, right? Well, that's obviously going to happen if so.

I know I'm getting one not JUST for FFXIII, but it made me look into getting a PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back