Final Fantasy VII Remake

What if FF7 Remake: What Would You Change??

Basically i would like to know if SE were to make that Remake we've been all talking about, (ff7) besides graphics what would you like to see changed, enhanced, and or removed.

Me personally i actually want some dialogue added that some that enphasizes the relationship between zack and cloud. because now knowing more about the storyline then they did when they made the game, it would make more sense if they edited or added some dialogue or even added a scene or two that supported some of the new plots points, seeing as all clouds moves are zacks, for example, aeris sees clouds moves and mentions something like that looks familiar when he does his victory special. Im pushing this so much because after playing cc its the absolutely heartbreaking and extremely disrespectful that after all zack went through he is forgotten completely, their is the scene where zack walks into nibleheim, and zack in the yellow pick-up and thats it, just please.

so guys and gals be mature about this, give it some thought, ff7 wasn't flawless, and a direct verbatim remake would be sort of boring almost.

I wouldn't change any dialogue. The relationship between Cloud and Zack is why Crisis Core now exists, along with Last Order.

Anything I'd change are things that are going to be included in the remake anyway: Remastered soundtrack, high-defintiion graphics, etc.

I wouldn't mind some more side-quests, though.

is that final because i really don't agree
cause that basically ruined my post
and did that delete my post??

No tristar, that did not delete your posts. Merging is simply just taking your thread with the current thread and combining the posts. I've read your post and it's basically do you want an FFVII remake and what would you change. It's basically the FFVII: Do you want a remake thread. Staffers like to keep this forum clean. Having two threads on the same topic is not necessary. If you have a problem with this issue please PM a moderator, thank you.

I would really enjoy a remake of Final Fantasy VII. After playing Dirge of Cerberus, I really got a feel for how expansive the world was and I'd enjoy re-experiencing it in all of its glory. The one problem with Final Fantasy VII was everything was so tiny; towns, houses, mountains, etc. I would really like to play the game in full size. I'd pawn off my brother and sister just to be able to buy a PS3 and the remake. I think voices and facial expressions would make the game better but lip syncing always looks bad, that's another problem. But I would gladly deal with it if they were to remake it.

I honestly don't want Square to remake FFVII.

For one thing, I know I'll hate the voice actors, and there will be voice actors, and second, there's no point.

That strategy might have worked BEFORE all the spin-offs, but with everything all together, it would just milkin' the FFVII franchise a little too hard.

If it does get made, and if I have the corresponding system, I'll try to play it at least once, there's no denying that, and if I enjoy it enough I might buy the damn thing.

And that's what pisses me off! I'm so hooked on FF!

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to believe it, I still have my doubts. But just barely. They could be referring to the original FFVII but then again, why would they advertise a game that's been out for 11 years? Besides, I don't think the game original needs to be advertised because everyone in the world knows about it. But in my honest opinion, I really do think it's coming out.

That's just showing the ending to crisis core or innit? We keep seeing these threads with links saying that a remake has been confirmed but Im not gunna believe anything untill Squenix themselves confirm it

It's not like saying 'to be continued in Final Fantasy VII' really means much. All it could mean is that the story from Crisis Core is continued in FFVII, which is just a straight-up fact. Nothing more. Nothing less. That being said, I am some what hoping for there to really be a remake coming.

DreamingOfAFantasy - I merged your threads together since they're both the same subject.

If there was a FFVII remake to be out soon then we would have known by now. Read the fine print. There just saying that there could be a POSSIBILITY for a remake.

I think Cerri has it right. It's most likely a possibility, like they've been thinking about it. If anything was confirmed, it would be all over the gaming sites, and since those links are old, they probably are rumors that were heard since nothing was heard since then.

i think there should be a remake of the game how ever it should be a 100% remake. i mean this in a no changing anything except the grapthics and maybe adding a few voices. but hopefully keeping everything the same it annoyes me when they do remakes with "added features" the ruin what you liked about in the first place >>
a ff7 like the one in the ps3 technical demo would pants wetting worthy XD

Like the majority, I want Final Fantasy VII remade for PlayStation 3, not PlayStation Portable. With the White Engine, Final Fantasy VII would be remade with Advent Children quality graphics. I would rather have high definition remakes than handheld remakes.

I certainly want a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 3. It would be updated with Advent Children quality graphics, and arranged/orchestrated soundtrack. Reddas, you should leave the original graphics to the SD platforms. The original graphics belong to standard definition television sets, and they are unfit for high-definition television sets. We do not want emulated versions of old games on HD platforms, and bugs will be created in the process. The pixels would be too blown up. Old outdated graphics will not sell very well on an HD platform. Also, Sony Computer Entertainment of America (SCEA) will not approve of localization of games with blocking graphics on PS3. They would have to fix the typos and grammatical errors. The name Aeris would be changed to Aerith. The White Engine would be used to make Advent Children graphics (at least nearly) possible. The battle animation elements of Final Fantasy XIII would be incorporated. Final Fantasy XIV will made after the Final Fantasy VII remake. The Final Fantasy VII remake will also help PlayStation 3 sales. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII hints the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII remake. The remake would fill in the plotholes that the original left behind. Some parts of the script that were cut from the original may be incorporated into the remake. I also support voice acting as well. The remake may use the same voice actors as Advent Children. Some think that high-definition remakes of classic games would sell better than original games.

Old games made for previous-generation platforms should never come to HD platforms as they are. If old games are to come to HD-based platforms, updated graphics and soundtracks are mandatory, not optional. The original graphics belong to SDTVs.

Shyne, I am already 28 years old and I am still gaming, and I will probably never retire from gaming. An average gamer's age is 30-something. Work and family do not always get in the way of gaming.

Last edited:
Yes, this is most likely a possiblity that there may be a Final Fantasy VII remake. I certainly want a Final Fantasy VII remake myself. Square Enix is currently tied up with original projects, but those projects will be done soon.

In the Playstation Magazine pages on Crisis Core, Kitase (I believe he was the one..) said that the people that could make it are tied up with other projects (FFXIII, Versus, ect.) and that is the only reason they have not already made it. But as soon as those projects are done, who knows? Maybe a remake is going to happen sooner than we think!?

Back