Final Fantasy IX: Beyond the Mist [A Free Tribute Album by Pixel Mixers]

Hashel05

Spoony Bard
Gil
[EDIT] The album is out now! 1st part is on Youtube and the full album in the description =)
you also can read an article about it: https://pixel-mixers.com/2019/06/27/final-fantasy-ix-beyond-the-mist-tribute-album/

Hello guys :)

With the Pixel Mixers community we are about the release our FFIX Tribute Album "Beyond the Mist" and as you guys were really nice with us about our FFVI album i had to share the new with you once again ^^

This album will be free and HUGE: 120 tracks, 110+ musicians, 7 hours of music, the complete OST covered.
It will be divided into 6 parts:
- A Night at Alexandria
- Across the Hills
- Of Rats and Men
- Far from Home
- Gaia & Terra
- Bonus Tracks

We will release the full album available to download during the last week-end of June and the 1st part on Youtube for streaming (part 2 will be uploaded the week-end after, and so on).

Here is a trailer so give you an idea of how it's going to sound like:

If you want info about Pixel Mixers we have a website: https://pixel-mixers.com/
And you can join our Discord if you want to talk about VGM or participate to our future projects (we do 1 FF per year): https://discord.gg/2YmK66G

Hope you'll enjoy this album and the artistic freedom we took from the original songs =)

Last edited:
Sharing with you guys the 2nd part of the Pixel Mixers Final Fantasy IX Tribute Album "Beyond the Mist" :)

This part is called "Across the Hills" and focuses on the songs that play during the exploration of the 1st continent of the game, with several locations such as the Forest, the Ice Cavern, Dali Village, Qu's Marsh and more!

See you next week for part 3 "Of Rats & Men"
Hope you'll like it :)

Finally release my own track for this album, clearly bellow the average quality of the other 119 tracks on it, but i wasn't super inspired by the source track, but I still hope i managed to do something interestingness with it ^^

^
I like it! Dark and rocky, which is perfect for Garland.

I want to let you know that I have been listening to the six albums of this project quite a bit recently while doing some sprite work for FFF members here.
I'll write up more detailed comments another time soon but I think it is phenomenal work! Once again there's a full range of musical styles included and they really complement the themes of the game very well - some in very unexpected ways.

That’s a style I would certainly never have expected for a castle dungeon track like that, but it works!

I love the additional touch of you dancing inside the castle on the video too. :P
This interpretation of the track is very fun and does invite it.

That’s a style I would certainly never have expected for a castle dungeon track like that, but it works!

I love the additional touch of you dancing inside the castle on the video too. :P
This interpretation of the track is very fun and does invite it.
Thanks a lot ahah, that's a Gif from a jokish Ace Attorney video i did in the past, was perfect opportunity to re use it :p
Glad you liked the style i went for, it was certainly very fun to do =)

Back