FFX - Worth Getting?

FFX is worth of getting, because it has gerat characters, great story and great side quests. Sphere Grid is one of the best improvement in FF series. I like the Sphere Grid and FFX is a great game that you have to play.

makes you cry at the end :cry: ..............yes even guys like me.............

Mod Edit: This doesn't add much to the thread topic. Can you please expand on your post a bit? If you think it's worth getting, tell us why.

Definitely worth getting, but not the best FF as far as gameplay. Some bosses are ridiculously frustrating to the point where you might wonder if Square made a typo in the programming, and the run-around factor is huge.
The story and graphics, though, are compelling and draws you in almost immediately. Essentially, you will be obsessed with finishing the game no matter how redundant it gets.
FFX also has an exceptional music/themes. It's a good FF to play with the home theater on//

I'd say it's one of the best FF's so far. The gameplay is OK, the story is awesome as usual, graphics are great, and the music is by far the best in the series in my opinion. I thoought the voice acting was pretty good. Oh, and Auron is awesome.

ya dude cloud is cool. ff x is propally the best ff game on the ps2 and is definitly worth getting

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite being much different than the other FF's, it's worth it. I'm one of those who don't love it, yet it was good enough that I'm starting a new file (on my ps3 from scratch ill add) and I'm glad I'm doing it. It's characters are designed by the dude from ff8, and nobuo did the music. so, despite a few qualities which I don't prefer (spheregrid) it's still a really great story. albeit very confusing unless you're taking notes the whole time.

X is worth it!

It's one of those RPG/final fantasy games that will stick out amongst the rest,
It has a great character cast that comes to life and will stay with you forever,
A great story line that has a past to it (may make a good prequel),
Amazing music that will bring out all the emotions this game gives out.
Ive played all the FF and many RPGs. I must say this is one of my Favorites. It has everything one can want when looking for a great game.

May even be my recommended choice for those who want to get into the series.

Yes it's worth getting. It's one of my fave FF's.
The story was good and emotional in some ways and it surprised me sometimes. The characters were good, okay Tidus was annoying sometimes but he was a good guy.
The villain however was pretty annoying, also by returning so many times.

The gameplay was good. Turned based battle worked fine. The sphere grid was great too, you had so many choices which way you wanted to go. I also love it that every character possess different abilities. That makes each character useful in its way at first.
It was also nice that you could costumize your own weapon and accesories, and the variety of weapons was very positive as well.
Sidequests were good even though some got a bit annoying in the end. (many blitzball matches to get Wakka's ultimate weapon)

I would say, buy this game, you won't regret it.

Final Fantasy X is one of those games which withstands the test of time. Though some might complain about it being too linear, I find it still a lot less linear than some new games. The storytelling is great, the voice-acting is good some of the time, and there are a lot of good boss battles.

I won't read what anyone said. This game is probably one of the best ones I have ever played. It almost, ALMOST, made me cry at the end. Definitely one of the saddest Final Fantasies there was. Until X-2 came out. Definitely one worth buying. If not I'll refund that 10 bucks you paid. :)

Final Fantasy X is worth getting as it the story is real easy to understand and the battle system is great, definitely one of the best Final Fantasy game ever made.

FFX is still worth $20-$25 nowadays and that's saying a lot. There are some things that irk me off about the game, but no game is perfect. Not FFX, Not SM64, not OoT, not FFVII, you get the idea. The things that bother me are mostly minor like graphical things (for example: when Yuna's in Bevelle getting married to jerkfa-I mean Seymour and she's about to Send him you can tell the staff is poorly rendered as it doesn't even look like she's holding it).

So yeah, I'd recommend FFX to anyone who likes RPGs.

X is definitely worth getting. It's one of my favourite FF games because everything (besides the Voice Acting) is done really well. The graphics were very good for their time although playing it now days you can really see they've not aged well haha.

The music is really lovely too and very atmospheric. Battle system is fun and I love that you can switch characters in and out in battle which is something I wish SE came up with sooner. The sphere grid, although confusing is fun to use too once you get the hang of it.

The story is well put together and really makes you feel for the lovely characters (besides wakka coz he is a tool)

Overall I think it's a great game and everyone should play it. :grin:

I would say yes as well. Good game and story takes a while and perfecting it takes longer. :)

I'm not going to lie, it's pretty terrible.

Good Things:
1. Battle system
2. Music score
3. Graphic Design

Bad Things:
1. The Characters (No depth, very uninteresting, and darn annoying)
2. Voice Acting (so terrible it made my ears bleed)
3. The Story (there was a story?)
4. There's a sequel...

For people who have no concept of good stories and characters, this is THE game for you.

X is one of the better newer Final Fantasy games available and it's the latest one that keeps the standard turn base tradition. (XI is an MMO, XII is in real time, XIII plays itself)
Is it worth it? When predicting whether or not something is worth something you're comparing what you're sacrificing as to what you're gaining. You're sacrificing a very small amount of money, and you gain hundreds of hours of gameplay. It is most definitely worth it!

Good Things:
1. Battle system
2. Music score
3. Graphic Design

Bad Things:
1. The Characters (No depth, very uninteresting, and darn annoying)
2. Voice Acting (so terrible it made my ears bleed)
3. The Story

Right on the money. It's a wonderful game but a terrible movie/story. Personally, I love the game for the gameplay and am not a fan of a few Final Fantasy stories/morals/emotions/whiny teenagers.

If you got a PS2.... or a PS3 soon.. then this game is a must have... the rpg there is on the ps2, great storyline, great characters and the gameplay is amazingly awesome compared to other games now days :hmph: this game is defo worth getting :)

Back