FFX-2 FFX-2 General Discussion

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
For all your general game banter!

What did you like / not like about this game? Is there something in particular you hated? Something you really enjoyed? Something that made you want to throw the game out of the window? Tell us all about them here!

love the game. only problem with it is that its too easy. not very challenging compared to the other games but is a good(ish) transition from the turn based games to the more free style fighting in final fantasy XII

I'm not really enjoying it now. I'm looking to finish the game 100% and I now find myself in Chapter 5 at only level 41/42 and if I am going to take on the depths of Bevelle I've got a lot of training to do.

Hmm- the thing I always try to do is to level up Yuna (the other two will follow suit, but Yuna's the hardest to level) by 20 levels each chapter. That way, when you get to Chapter five, your team should be at level 80

I didn't find X2 to be as enjoyable as the other games in the series, but I still managed to finish it. I was a little disappointed when I realized how much easier Vegnagun was than any other final boss I've fought before.

I'm not really enjoying it now. I'm looking to finish the game 100% and I now find myself in Chapter 5 at only level 41/42 and if I am going to take on the depths of Bevelle I've got a lot of training to do.

In order to beat Trema I needed the girls to be at least level 95 with one girl equipped with Catnip. He is one tough cookie I tell you. :P

A helluva lot tougher than Vegnagun and Shuyin put together, that's for sure.

First rpg i ever played, so itll always be my favorite. :-)
i already played it to the end once, and i started over (new game plus?)
butttt my brother threw out my playstation, so i didnt get to play anymore.
i really miss it. |: sob sob

I enjoyed every second of the game.
sometimes i would just screw the hotspots, and go
around exploring other areas and stuff.
funnnnnn

That's the way you should play it- the hotspots are only really there to show you where you need to go to go forward in the game. However you really need to explore everywhere in order to get every little miniscule drop of percentage from the game- if you're aiming for a 100% game...

That percentage bollocks bugged me. You needed to open evrey chest and talk to every one, yet the Via Infinito wasnt included -__- I never did that and still got 100%. Why bother having a percentage effort if its not all included -__-

Liekd the dress spheres loved the battle system, hated the garment Grids

Hated the singing as well ¬¬

Fun game though, i enjoyed it

I pretty much enjoyed this game completely save for the fact that Yuna's attire was skankish. =/

It ruined my love for her and turned me off. As did her voice. =/ Far too Rikku wanna-be-ish.

Other than that I loved the game. Loved the dresspheres and the story was quite entertaining. =)

love the game. only problem with it is that its too easy. not very challenging compared to the other games but is a good(ish) transition from the turn based games to the more free style fighting in final fantasy XII

I have to agree, this game is way too easy, and probably the easiest Final Fantasy title i've played, it's still a really good game, thoroughly enjoyed it, and i'm currently playing it again, just started chapter 2. Going for the 100% playthrough in one run.

I pretty much enjoyed this game completely save for the fact that Yuna's attire was skankish. =/

It ruined my love for her and turned me off. As did her voice. =/ Far too Rikku wanna-be-ish.

Other than that I loved the game. Loved the dresspheres and the story was quite entertaining. =)

Agree word for word hun. Yuna was too Rikku-ish for my liking, but I love Paine. She helped me get through the cringy parts lol. The dresspheres are a big fav of mine, specially when they reflect the personality of all 3 girls. Its a nice, cute, girly game that has always made me smile. :x3:

I love this game. It was my very first FF game, so it's very dear to me. This game always put me in a good mood whenever I was in a bad mood (or was just playing some survival horror game that scared me crapless.) I enjoyed the battle-system a lot and the dresspheres were a plus for me. I always enjoyed searching for them and switching the girls dresspheres around just to see what their costumes were like. I loved the funky music (not everyone will agree with me. XD) It's a fun and cute game and I have a lot good memories playing it. ^_^

Never thought of this game as being "easy".
Sure combat wise with adversaries maybe but not as far as getting the completion percentages for 100 percent and doing the minigames.Those were hard..some very hard.

shrugs.

Still I feel an underrated game..disliked by a lot of folks..unfairly in my estimation.

A game I wasn't to fond of. I mean some of the concepts of it were good and some character developments old and new alike were still as good as the original. But the idea of X having a sequal like this, is just something which I don't seem to like.
I mean it was an alright game, but not one of the best Final Fantasy's out there.
I mean I loved the idea also of new game + and the endings and such, they were good. But not so much a game to my liking to be honest.

Question for everyone out there-

After you "replay" the opening scene (see it through Yuna's eyes), you get to the dock and Rikku tells everyone she has a love interest.

Who is it?

I can't even find this part, I've watched almost the whole Luca part on youtube, and can't find it. :| The whole part at the end of the docks mentions NOTHING like that... So unless I'm not looking at the right place, I'm totally lost here. =/ I'm going to watch it again, but yeah.. not finding it.

Question for everyone out there-

After you "replay" the opening scene (see it through Yuna's eyes), you get to the dock and Rikku tells everyone she has a love interest.

Who is it?

i believe that it is
Gippal, Leader of the machine faction
there is something about them when you first meet. Which hints at a relationship... but it is sooooo minute you can miss it if you don't pay attention.

.Lebreau,

As I remember it is in chapter 5, when you follow the moogle and Yuna reveals her memories go to 8:30 of this video.

Mark 2,

That was my first thought but they way they interact throughout the game does not seem like the right answer. They interact more like big brother and little sister.

Well. I've watched that now, thank you for the link. :3

The fangirl side of me says it's Auron. :wacky: I mean.. that's totally irrational and probably nothing close to the truth, but hey, I'm going to cling to my delusions.

Logic says maybe it's Gippal, since it does seem that they dated in the past or something... or maybe she had a bit of a crush on Tidus throughout FFX and that's why she didn't want to say.

Back