FFVII - Worth Getting?

I played the crap out of that game too. I loved the combos and such but the story line seemed to erk me a bit towards the end. Also the Green Dragoon (can't quite recall his name) his combos were ridiculously hard with a normal control. Also the Movies for this game were not that great.

Xenogears and FFVII were still the top on the list for RPGS for the PSX.

Even if i haven't played Xeno or Legend of Dragoon
(i know...shame on me :jon:) those three are GREAT!

Definetely anyone who wants to play FFVII should buy.
Definetely.
I'm in lack for words everytime i have to propose this game to someone :P

Perhaps the best game i 've ever played.

In my opinion, it´s absolutely worth getting. It´s maybe best game in the FF-series i have played. The story, the battle system, characters, everything... i like them all. But still, everyone might not like it, but if you like RPG-games, BUY IT, if you can find it somewhere. It´s a classic that never gets old.:)

I would have to say "HELLS YEAH!" if anyone asked me that...But then again its one of those games you either love or hate...

i got all the later FFs for the PS and PS2 but i have to say VII has the best story and great characters.What hooked me was DoC which i got about 6 months before i got VII.Now Vincent and Cait Sith are always in my party.

had to drive 30 miles and pay 60 bucks for FF7 and 20 for FF8. both used. I had them before but gave them to my sis. Its worth it.

Id give an A as its got great depth in the storyline and the gameplay is enjoyable and the characters are great and mabe the best game ever made!!

In general, FF7 is definitely worth playing, but if you're asking if it's worth playing by paying $150+ for a new game...I would have to say no. Amazing game tho! You should definitely try to borrow it from a friend. Great story and characters.

I think it is worth paying some $ to get this game. It is (IMO) the best RPG I've ever played. That's all I think you need to say about it.

How much would it cost for the PSone version now? Like $10? Get it. I'm waiting for them to re-release the game for the DS, and then I'll be in heaven.

I think it was worth it. l-o-v-e-d that game :D still do.
and i didn't know that its coming out on ds! :O

Seeing as it is one of the greatest games of all time I'd say it's at least worth a look.

I think this game is SO worth getting. I've went through it over four times, and each time there's something new I notice. It's just small details, and you get such good laughs out of it.

The storyline, (Yes, even though it's filled with so much gaps, if you look at it) Is just so awesome. The possibility in pairings, and characters, is just too cute, and fun not to pay attention to.

The gameplay is just... xD Awesome I think. Yes, that's coming from a Final Fantasy lover, but... I just think you can really put some time into getting your own little team all set up to however you'd like it.

Blegh, I get sick of games easily... But I can play Final Fantasy VII for hours and I mean literally hours straight.

Definitely worth buying if you ask me!

I actually got two copies of the game. One in Japanese and one in English. The Japanese one is full of glitches.So I would reccomend the English one, if anything.
I personally think it has the best story out of all the Final Fantasy games. And is totally worth the money, if, you can find one that is. I bought my Japanese one from some kid for $12. People at my school have offered me up to $110 for it. So you could figure

Last edited:
I'm going to have to buy a new copy of the game since the first disc has mysteriously disappeared! It's definitely worth it though. One of the best games of it's time, while still standing out today.

I loved this game from the beginning to the part where Sephiroth dies! And the ending, too! The only part that I found sad was when Sephiroth comes down with a sword and stabs Aerith/Aeris. I found that some what depressing. Sephiroth, you Arse!

*Arse originally used by Bambi, the Moderator.

Personally i think it is over rated, yeh it was a hell of a game but we need something new now. I got put of more recent ff games from the moment i played X then i tried X-2 and i lost lost interest in ff games. I though of playing XII but it looks just like skies of arcadia. (a game about flying boats and pirates, very good , cheesy and fun game .) In my perfect little world Square Enix would be Square Soft and they would live in 1999 forever, that way they can make good games again.

DEFINITELY.

Up until playing FFvii last fall, I always held RPGs in low regard. The only other RPG game I had played was Phantasy Star, and I played that when I was much younger.

One day, I just decided that I wanted to try out RPGs again, and my friend suggested starting off with vii. Awesome decision.

I love the game, and it is my favorite FF game thus far (only finished two games and working on my third).

Give it a try. Since it can be pricey on eBay, you might wanna borrow it from a buddy before splurging. Of course, if money is not an issue for you, then go for it.

Last edited:
Back