FFVII - Worth Getting?

Is the game perfect and every gamer who doesn't have it insane? No, you'll never hear me say that.
However FF7 is not to expensive nowadays is definitly a good game and if you're an RPG fan with a a lot of time and not to picky about grafics I suggest you'll buy this title anyways.

If you have the cash, then definitely. It was the first FF I ever played and had an amazing time with the game, it got me hooked on all the others and I would stay up for days on end playing.

FF7 is the best rpg i have ever played, i couldnt refer to you a better one, i hghly reccomend, i mean graphics arent insane, theyre ok, but the gameplay and the storyline are awesome.

FF7 is the best rpg i have ever played, i couldnt refer to you a better one, i hghly reccomend, i mean graphics arent insane, theyre ok, but the gameplay and the storyline are awesome.

I actually felt that the graphics of FF7-9 suited the franchise better than the later higher graphics... I feel this because there is something about the drawn out maps that was inspiring and imaginative, unique and eye catching. Whereas with graphics that are too good and fully 3d environments its easy to go for a cop out boring map, with lots of repetition, and less appealing and imaginative.

I'm not saying ALL maps of the later games were crap.. Soem were ok, but alot of it I felt was a little, meh.

Do you guys realize that you are all still telling someone to get a game that he/she's been contemplating over for more than a year on a forum? lol (Don't take that the wrong way because here I go as well)

I am definitely a FF series fan. I've played all the games I could find, and I tell you yes. I don't like all the people that were born after the game was made, found out that it was supposed to be good and blew it way up to the point where I truly don't like hearing people talk about how great it is. BUT...it is definitely one of my favorite games of all-time. Probably my favorite. I wish you could go into this with the mindset that it is supposed to be good. That's all. Turn the "greatness" off and just enjoy a great game.

Oh yeah and guys, stop bitching about the graphics. The game came out ten years ago they were unbelievable graphics for a game so huge in that time. Once again, probably people that didn't play the game until recently trying to comment...kid buy the game if you haven't already.

ABSOLUTELY! In the Gamer's Edition World Records book 2008, it clearly states that Final Fantasy VII is the 2nd most popular PSX game ever made (behind Gran Turismo). FFVII is the kind of game where the memories of you playing it sticks in your mind for years, and puts a heart warming story into your heart. I think it is a great gaming experience.

definitely worth buying and besides if you can find it anywhere its probably cheap by now eh?

I only played it twice and it wasnt that good to me but i dont like the story or at least the parts i can understand of it

Final fantasy 7 is a must buy game and it has a very touching story line that makes you want to dig deeper into the game and keep on playing.
Its the number one RPG in my opinion!

yea i would say get it D: it was really fun and it hooked me onto it :) storyline is beautiful

final fantasy 7 is worth getting, it is one of the best games ever released for playstation and is an excellent introduction to the world of final fantasy. for its time, the graphics were awesome, and they are still pretty good by todays standards. the storyline is one of the best i have seen, and its one of the few games i know of that have produced such emotion from gamers

Oh Yeah, FFVII takes the cake in my top games of all time. The Story pulls you in, it has gravitational effect, it makes me, and others, cry, look on in suspense. . .and it has, probably the best magic system of 'em all, go materia, go. :highfive:

FF7 probably has one of the stronger stories of the later released FF series, so if anything I'd get it for that, Still own an original PS1 copy of it (back from when the game was first released) and I dont intend to let it leave my sights for a long time, never know when I might fire it up again and enjoy one of the best storylines a game has ever had ;)

I know it is definately worth playing cause ive played through the whole thing before and loved it but is it worth spending over 50 bucks (american) to get it back cause my sister may have lost it?

Completely Worth Getting.
It is the SECOND best in the series of FF games.

Are you looking for an:
Intriguing Story Line
Fun Characters
Some swearing in your FF game
A sword you don't shoot with
Very well designed world
A Huge Arcade to go play at
A Blocky Forearm Extravaganza
And good Ol Fashioned Re-playability

Then FFVII is for you.
The game is very enjoyable and worth playing.

I know it is definately worth playing cause ive played through the whole thing before and loved it but is it worth spending over 50 bucks (american) to get it back cause my sister may have lost it?

I was about to ask you what you where smoking.
But DAMN!
That game is $50 new/used on Amazon

What the hell?
I thought it was on their "Greatest Hits" collection.
Man am I glad Ive not lost mine yet.

What is the reason for this? Simply just hard to find? Or is it the going price because people are willing to play it?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you like to buy classic games and play them or just to say i have it then yeah you should buy it!.... but i'd wait until the remake comes out... but if it doesn't come out in the next 5 yrs i'm goin to scream and buy the original!

I just played the game about last month after a long time and I didn't really see what was so special.FF8 was a bit better for some reason I couldn't get into the story of FF7 but thats just me.For me I was lucky I didn't buy it but yea its just my opinion of it.

ff7 is the first one that i got my hands on
i think its the best to start out with truthly
the gameplay rocks and love the story

Back