FFVII : Love It or Hate It?

I loved it so much... its got a lot of twists and mysteries to it that make it such an amazing game

It was a very well made game and i have enjoyed going back to it form time to time i never did like Tifa however she really does comes off as a tart mostly at the start of the game

FF7 in my opinion is the best game ever made and will ever be made. The only other game I think is equally as good is FF9.

There has not been another game I have replayed so many times and still enjoyed as much as I did when I originally played it. When I replayed the game for a second time, I spent quite a lot of time fighting and levelling up which was good because you got materia growing quickly and had access to strong spells early on. However, after I completed the game I looked back and thought that the bosses just didn't give me much of a challlenge like they had done the first time I played the game. First time round, Jenova Birth defeated me a few times before I eventually killed it and Demon wall kept kicking my ass until I beat him with 2 team members KO'd and the third person ailing. I LOVED that feeling when you JUST scrape through a battle and I missed it when I made my party uber strong the second time I replayed 7. Whenver I've replayed 7 since, I've done minimal fighting or levelling up and the boss battles became challenging again. It makes it far more exciting if there's a good chance you'll get defeated.

Anyway, I'm currently replaying 9 (just got onto Disc 3) but when I finish this, I will, no doubt, be starting 7 up again.

FF7 is the best out of all, the game play is way better.. and the story line is nice. Plus it had great characters that are in my opinion better than the others...
the other FF games are still good though, but i can play FF7 for days..

Love it alot

All of the Characters rocked (although I did not like Aeris dying)

Materia was awesome

Great storyline and side quests.

To me?
-Best Final Fantasy game there is
-Best RPG of it's kind [Among games like Legend of Dragoon, Shadow Madness, etc.]
-Second best game ever made only bested by Diablo 2 [I'm just a D2 junkie of 10+ years :D]

Thread revival :wacky:

I wouldn't say it's my favorite game, but I did quite enjoy playin' the game c:

The characters, for the most part were awesome, the story, the games, the dialogue, the battle system and materia were factors of what made the game as popular and great as it has been. The characters were relateable, the story was interesting, the games helped give its fun edge as well as the battles/materia/dialogue.

love it :) It has a scifi twist along with the fantasy and I do like scifi. The characters were interesting and the plot kept me thinking about what was going to happen.

I love FF7, though it's not my 1st favorite. :P Great story and great characters. Tifa is my most favorite character in the whole FF series. She's just so amazing and i can relate to her a lot.

I spend hours just playing through this game. I absolutely love the story line, it has all these hidden bits that you only really understand by wandering around... the characters are brilliant, I think they are all seriously unique compared to the other FFs. The music is one of a kind throughout the original and the spin-offs. I've never found a game that could beat this... and doubt I ever will xD

I wouldn't say I hate it. I hate the cult following it picked up along the way. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine game, I just don't think it deserves all the praise it gets. The music was good, but I didn't particularly like any of the characters, aside from Yuffie. Plus, the graphics confused me. Battle sprites and enemies looked amazing, yet the overworld looked like it was done by someone from a totally different division.

Personally, I never took to VII well. It just never appealed very much to me. I didn't like Cloud, I didn't particularly like the other cast. I don't know... The parts just add up in a form which I just dislike.

The story just isn't for me. I prefer the fantasy settings of say, VI or the mixture that is X. I just dislike Cloud's attitude.

:hmmm: Maybe I'll give it another shot in a few years.

Personally, I never took to VII well. It just never appealed very much to me. I didn't like Cloud, I didn't particularly like the other cast. I don't know... The parts just add up in a form which I just dislike.

The story just isn't for me. I prefer the fantasy settings of say, VI or the mixture that is X. I just dislike Cloud's attitude.

:hmmm: Maybe I'll give it another shot in a few years.

What didn't you like about FF7? Sorry if this post seems a little dumb I just couldn't find any reasoning in your post other than FF6 has a better setting (which I've never played) and FF10 has a better mix (no idea what that means).

What didn't you like about FF7? Sorry if this post seems a little dumb I just couldn't find any reasoning in your post other than FF6 has a better setting (which I've never played) and FF10 has a better mix (no idea what that means).

What I meant by FF X's mixture was that its setting is a blend of futuristic and fantasy that I personally liked. I preferred this and VI's setting over the modern setting of VII.

I also mentioned that I disliked the cast of characters in VII. I just didn't like the selection of them, near-hated the personality of the main protagonist and didn't really enjoy Sephiroth as a villain- .

I can't exactly complain about the battle system- since it's the usual ATB.

As for the Materia system... I'm in the middle with that, since I could comprehend why it would be used... But didn't like the limit of slots.

I hope I cleared up your inquiry with this post.

I honestly can say I find it enjoyable but not the best FF ever.. The story is alright the characters were mediocre I didnt like Cloud at all.

Ups: Materia system was great, Supporting characters were also good, The Boss battles were entertaining

Downs: Protagonist was whiny and irritable So was the antagonist. That's the only thing wrong for me

Love it, the best part was playing through the game with gameshark and having 2 clouds and 1 aeris as my team haha. So awesome. Also, having Aeris kill Sephiroth in the final final battle by whacking him once with her rod is hilarious. :D

FF7 is deffinately my number 1 most loved game of all time! I just cannot get enough of this game even though I've been playing it for 15 years! It'll never get too old for me, nor I for it :) too many hours of fun too have, especially with challenges and other mods you can use with the pc version.

I'll always keep my black label copy though, good memories :) The story is awesome in my eyes as is the materia system, always feels like you're progressing in some way maxing out the beuatiful crystals :D
Favourite character has to be Nanaki, what's not too love, he's a crazy flaming beast!

FF 7....... My first fanal fantasy!
Nostalgia nostalgia. Is that wrong.. no way. FF 7 shall always be the top tier final fantasy. It changed my life, it realy did. I played it recently, dispite the ugly grapics, i find it still a great game even after almost 17 Years! Unbelievable.

This game was responsible for me being a final fantasy fanboy, and a rpg freak.

Why do i like this game soooo much?
- The Earith scene (you know)!! best scene in final fantasy history. nobody so that comming! It instantly turnes the game to classic, and instantly makes Sephiroth the ultimate bad guy. Squaresoft shows there in that scene that they had a pair of big shiny balz of gold! (spoliler) To kill a top tier character who you undoubtly (because it is the only white mage!) had in your party...No idea what was going to happen. That my fellow fanboys whas done in such a briliant way that you never ever will forget the game...ever!
- Music!
- Story!
- Battle system. The insane combos that you can make with materia (excpecialy combined with master materia!! unbelievable)
- The summons. (getting knight of the rounds, with a golden chocobo, on tiny island in middle of a vast ocean, is simply LEGENDARY)
- Battle square with the epic music!
- chocobow raising and training in gold saucer and than breed them. This gave a side quest a whole new dimension. brilliant.
- characters are all great!!
- customization!
- everything (well except graphics, expecialy when compared to FF8/FF9) a well..

When i hear music from this game i get goos bumps everywhere!! From time to time i put in final fantasy 7 advant childeren, just to listen to the music, and marlene voice telling the story.... "there were a lot of battles.."

And then when the ending credits of FF7 role over the screen the first time, Then you realize that this was somthing unique's something you won't play everyday. Expecially when red XIII jumps on a big rock sees the overgrown midgar and roars! THE END>

Back