FFV - Worth Getting?

As everyone mentions, its got a good job system. The story is ok-ish, not reall awesome. it was the first that I played though. I enjoyed it the most in World 2, I have not beat the game generally because it gets rather boring towards the end. With strong monsters, you'll end up trying to just grind in exp for level ups.

And that's the problem, this game can make you work rather for a long time just battling monsters. You'll recieve minimum exp and still need to get those levels ups. That's why I stopped playing. At least it would be nice if it had a better story line and more areas to explore.

Oh, but like every final fantasy soundtrack, this one's good. You'll love the soundtracks from world 2 and 3, I assure that.

It is worth getting. Great cast of characters and villains. Great battle system and job system, Story has its ups and downs but it is a great among FF I find it alot better than FF7 (Hate me I Know)

Hell yes it's worth getting. In all honesty its by far my favorite final fantasy game. The story essentially starts off slow, but it does get better as the game progresses. It may not be as deep like FF6 or FF7, but its pretty dark in its own right. The battle system is simple and enjoyable, as you get to choose from a variety of classes. The music is very underrated and I found most if not all of it enjoyable.

One issue some may have with it is that most of the characters are essentially flat and have little to no development as the game courses through.
The grinding takes longer compared to the other games. I think that's one of the most annoying aspects if you ask me.

Overall a highly underrated game, and gets nowhere near the recognition it deserves.

GBA version- Yes, hell yeah.

Playstation version- no, skip it. The translation is beyond awful and just spoils the whole experience. Though Faris's " ah, my private shame " quote, when they group finds out about a certain secret identity does make me crack up in laughter, idk why.

I personally think that FFV is the best game in the series gameplay-wise. The story and characters are less interesting than in the games immediately before and especially after, but they aren't what I'd consider bad. Plus, disregard all the jokes you've heard about Exdeath being a tree- he's probably the single most competent villain in the series. Overall, it's one of my favorites. As long as you don't get the atrociously bad PS1 version, you're golden.

Back