FFIV - Worth Getting?

Definately. It's a must have imo. I gave up on the PS version, but I really enjoyed the DS version. It was a challenge from start to finish, but it was well worth it. The story is brilliant, I can't fault a single part of it. I'd recmmend everyone get tjhis game. It's overtaken several other games in my faves list anyway :monster:

Imo the game was really bad. Well I've only played the DS version, but I really didn't like the characters and so yeah...It's really hard to get attached to the game when the other final fantasies have characters and plots that actually draw you into the game

To tell the truth, i really like this game. It is considered one of the epic's of the ff games. Well, i admit that when i played the GBA version, i thought it OK, but not that great. That was because of the graphics mostly, I think. FFVI was much more tolerable. Plus I did not get to finish the game entirely during the time I got it. When I heard there was a remake for the DS, I was determined to finish the game, and i did. It was really cool! I liked the graphics, the gameplay was good, the story was nice and touching at times and the characters were more developed. This game is seriously worth getting.

FFVI had a great story! It had plenty of moments that makes you go OMGWTF!(
the return of a more mature Rydia!:woot:
) !
Very challenging as well but in a good way. You would always want to know what would happen next, the characters were amazing and there's a f***ing NINJA:ninja:!!! ahahaha! The graphics were great as well (better than FF3:dry:)
No doubt about it, this is a classic that all FF fans should play...;)

FFIV is the best installment of the series from I-VI. The story is great for such an old game and even though the gameplay is simple, it's the second best in the series, imo.
I recommend the GBA remake because it has tons of stuff to do outside the main story.

This is definitely worth getting. At first I didn't like it but only about 2 hours into it I realized it was a really good game.

I haven't beaten the game, but I'm about twenty hours in and the game is looking really solid. It has a long cast of characters that I personally ended up with an attachment to. It actually caught me by surprise. To be honest, I'm surprised there aren't more topics here, I think its one of the best FF games period. The change with Cecil as a character from Dark Knight to Paladin is one of the best character developments in almost any game. The only better one in my opinion, is Squall finally opening up thanks to Rinoa in FFVIII.

The characters on your team consistently end up coming and going, it keeps you on your feet, wondering what's going to happen next. Each of them are very useful in their own ways, each character is an individual thanks to their personality and individual character class. FFIV is pivotal to the series in my opinion. It's the first where each character has such a fleshed out personality, you connect with them in different ways, which makes some of them going away kind of difficult actually. It's the Final Fantasy that began the series increasing popularity. Of course it was FFVII that pushed it into the stratosphere, but it was IV that originally made it possible, in my opinion anyway.

I think it is completely worth getting. If you get it on PS or GBA/DS it doesnt matter it is a good game. From the characters you can really get close too or the simple but fun battle system. It all makes the game a pleasure to play over and over again. I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a 'new' FF to play.

Final Fantasy IV is what it's all about!

it was not only the first Final Fantasy with an introcate plotline but it was one of the first RPGs to have one.

It's considered the VII of it's day (No wonder it's had 5 rereleases and a remake!) and is a MUST for anyone who calls him or herself a Final Fantasy fan!

it's definitely worth getting. it was the first final fantasy game i ever played when i was a kid and i fell in love with it. the remakes of it and chrono trigger were the only reason i bought a nintendo DS last year. ff4 has a great story and the characters are fun. :eek:)

It's not a must, at least it wasn't to me. I found it slightly fun, and okay, but not too amazing. Sure it has a plotline, but it's cliche and drab, just like FF7's. I suppose if you like 7, you'll like, but if you're like me and hate it, you'll hate 4.

Hope that helps.

Definitely worth getting, imo, and tbh, I haven't even gotten through it yet, just a good ways into it. :wacky:

I personally think it has a good story, and the characters are good, and the music is cool (battle themes in particular), overall gameplay is solid, very enjoyable game if you ask me. ^_^

And I think the main villain is one of the best in the series, really. I enjoy using Golbez in Dissidia: Final Fantasy... :P

now I agree with everyone else that its worth getting but I would like to know if I should get the DS version? Is it worth it (the extra dungeons) I am just about done with 3 and I am wondering if I should just play my PS version or go out and get the new DS version

Seeing as this game pretty much initiated the direction for future Final Fantasy games (as far as summon, intricate character relationships, and surprising twists throughout, etc.), this is a must buy for any who love Final Fanatasy as well as a good story.

I'd say this game is definitely work getting. It's tied with FFIX as my favorite FF game. I love the characters, the story, the music and the gameplay. I don't even mind the old graphics with the sprites. It has some classic lines as well and Kain is one of my absolute favorite characters.

It's definitely one of the tougher FF games out there as well so if you're up for a challenge, give this one a go. xD

This game is really a dinosaur, with little going for it. Of course things change if we speak of the DS version.

HOW COULD YOU ASK IS FF4 WORTH GETTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????:holyshit::jon:ff 4 is an amazing game and the remake is just as good. I would deeply recomend getting this on the wii shop or ds version

To almost echo Meg Ryan's crazy display in When Harry Met Sally, I must say: Yes, yes, yes!

Definitely get this game if you love old fashioned, medieval settings, loyal Knights, awesome character development, and in my opinion, a pretty damn original plot line for the time of it's original release. The DS port features some nicely retouched graphics, a barely tweaked soundtrack, and of course the edited translations that some fans hold dear to their hearts. I loved it for my first blind playthrough of the game, it's challenging and strategic and it was the first FF that really allowed the player to feel immersed in the world and the characters' backstories.

Plus I really, really love each and every single main character of the game: from the hilarious Palom and Porom, to the sweet loyal Rosa, to the extremely valiant Cecil, and down to the great camaraderie felt between Kain and Cecil; this is a game that I feel should gain a bigger fanbase than FFVII (which while good, is a bit on the overrated side, especially in recent years). I mean this game essentially started the trend of having a fleshed out plot line in a video game.

So yeah, I recommend it 110%. I mean, I adore the GBA port, so you could pick that up first and then go for the DS version. It's really up to you. I mean either of the two games are amazing.

Last edited:
Back