FFIV: Love it or Hate it?

LOVE FFIV!! My favorite 2D FF and possibly my favorite FF of all time (really tied with FFIX) and I didn't even play it for the first time til maybe 10 years ago. I can play this game 100 times over and still love it. That's what makes it unique to me. That, and the story. Oh and the soundtrack. Fantastic soundtrack!

Love it! I beat it for the first time as a youngster when it was released on SNES, and I try to make replaying it an annual tradition. When I step back and think objectively, I think FFVI is superior, but FFIV gives it a run for its money and will always have a special place in my heart as the first FF I ever played.

Playing through it now very near the end after destroying the giant of babil. Very good and fast paced rpg story is quite good. My only problem with it is levelling up feels a bit imbalanced was getting away with very little focused levelling up until I took on queen Asura and king Leviathan and spent over half an hour fighting each at around level 35. After that went though torture of fighting nearly half an hour battles with summoners & arachne/hellflappers to level up. Must have taken nearlly an hour and a half to get from levels 35 to 45 in it so Rydia would have Thundaga for Odin. Very enjoyable overall and looking forward to completing it soon.

I enjoy everything about the game, the combat, story, and characters are really well done, especially in the context of the time it was made it. My only problem is that a lot of the sacrifices made by characters during the game end up being taken back at the end and losing their value. But that's a fairly small complaint in the grand scheme of the game. Its definitely in my top 3 best FF's.

Love it!
But still haven't managed to complete it. I was able to complete FF V.
I remember how the graphics didn't matter as opposed to the game mechanism and the Final Fantasy Anthology is one of the best Final Fantasy products I've ever played. I'm going to have to use the PSN store soon then!

Back