Help FF8's powerleveling stats...

Mister Goober

Gil
FFXIV
Chad Thundermember
FF8's powerleveling stats...

Hi friends.

I'm talking about how in FF8, certain Guardian Forces like Ifrit and Brothers have an "Up" ability. It's where if you have that ability equipped, for instance Str Up, you gain a point in Str as you level up.

My question is this... Say you go from low level to the max level 100 with one character... What can you get away with at that point as far as how weak of a magic junction can you have while still having great Str? Do you get the question? Is it actually possible that with Str, the spell ULTIMA actually becomes obsolete? Or Meteor with Magic?

I'll make my question more clear if necessary.

Thanks friends.

I've moved this thread to the Final Fantasy VIII section and added 'Help' tags to aid with visibility.

I've also asked on your behalf, but I don't know the answer myself. I've never attempted a challenge run of any sort.

Hopefully someone else can help.

I think so. I got excited thinking I could answer this since I just beat FFVIII again just three days ago, but sadly I'm not sure.

I did a quick search though and came across this post about someone wanting to increase their stats using Devour despite being capped at level 100. It seems like you can indeed boost your stats after level 100 but I'm not sure in terms of the traditional way at leveling up.

Edit: Wait, I think I read the question wrong... but if the above helps in anyway maybe it'll answer the rest of what you're asking?

Last edited:
If you mean by in terms of damage it will all depend on which character you are using. Let's take Squall for example who starts off with reasonable strength(not using Zell as he has the highest starting strength and growth stat.) Yes if you would use Ifrit's Strength up on him early enough or even the 20, 40% etc as doing a physical attack he would do more then say with him casting a magic spell of ultima. Since damage cap is 9,999 ultima will only hit once, meteor on the other hand can hit multiple times I believe so that could possibly deal more damage but then you would need to invest in his magic stat.

Back