ff13 battle system

Gemini

Code Crawler
Gil
FFXIV
Rice Il
from what i read at http://www.ff13.us/ff13/battle-system-atb.php the ff13 battle system will be active time system that was used in ff12

edit 1-29-09 sry its a CTB (Count Time Battle System). lol sorry hehe ;( umm didnt read all the way got distracted plz forgive

smooth like motion project by the FFXIII characters. It will now be possible to combine magics, while attacking with a variation of moves. The best way to put it is that it's sort of like entering combo's on the pad in order to achieve a specific move or action.

huge sorry to all :(

Sorry for what?

It will now be possible to combine magics, while attacking with a variation of moves.

Sounds a bit like what FFIX had - Vivi often combined Magic attacks with Steiners sword attacks.

So, it sounds good so far.

L_J, if you watched the newest trailer, you could see some gameplay parts, albeit a bit limited.

Sorry for what?

Sounds a bit like what FFIX had - Vivi often combined Magic attacks with Steiners sword attacks.

So, it sounds good so far.

L_J, if you watched the newest trailer, you could see some gameplay parts, albeit a bit limited.

Ya I know I was more talking an entire trailer that is nothing but gameplay, I know its probaly a long ways off but it would make it a little more understanding. I am the kinda guy who works better with a visual aid, not that I dont really get how the battle system will work. I will just understand it better when I see video.

I also want to see a video of this to see how it works. Reading about it and seeing 30 seconds is not enough.
So it's a combination? Turn-based command selecting like in the classical FF's, combined with moving about like in FF12?
I can't picture it in my head at all. Personally I want it leaning more towards the former. Running about and gambits didn't do it for me, I prefered to select my actions and think about them properly a bit more. So hopefully FF13 takes the best of both.

I think the battle system will be good but I need to see how it truly is by watching it. To me the battle system looks great. Two ne characters really? Alright I need to check that out and a video on the battle system.

There's 3 actually - a red haired guy, some little spiky haired fella, and a Lulu lookalike.

Possibly Argor, it means that:

- You seem the enemies like you did in XII
- You go into combat, and your characters are stood still
- Characters take their turns in fighting

I'm hoping it isn't exactly like that if they wanted to be more traditional, because if they wanted to maintain free roaming and stuff, while characters are still fighting, they could have just tweaked XII's system a bit.

Judging by what I've seen in the new trailer, I'm really liking the look of the new battle system so far. I highly doubt that the system will be exactly the same as XII.

Following his work on Front Mission and Final Fantasy X, Tsuchida (who is currently employed at SquareEnix) is taking charge of the battle system in Final Fantasy XIII project.
If Tsuchida is working on the battle system, I have faith that it will work out well seen as FFX had one of the best battle systems IMO.

So I'm quite hyped about the battle system and the game in general. :D

I think the battle system like in XII has to be the way forward, espeically given the capabilities of the PS3. and if they make it like what it looks like on the trailers, hopefully it'll be improved and more playable.

I was actually thinking more of Chrono trigger than FFIX...sure you had it on IX with Vivi and Steiner, but in Chrono Trigger any two or three characters could combine to do something bad ass, and it would act as both people's move too. Should be very interesting to see how this battle system works out;

Back